The Av Receiver With Hdmi For 2023
1. Best Overall: YAMAHA RX-V385 5.1-Channel 4K Ultra HD AV Receiver
The Yamaha RX-V385 delivers the latest in home theater and music technology with Bluetooth for wireless connectivity. With its 100W per channel, it offers a powerful sound that can fill large spaces.
2. Runner Up: Denon AVR-S750H Receiver
The Denon AVR-S750H Receiver is the perfect way to upgrade your home theater experience to the Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology with a 7.2 channel 4K Ultra HD video with HDR and full voice control compatibility with Amazon Alexa.
3. Best Sound Quality: Sony STR-DH790 7.2-ch Surround Sound Home Theater AV Receiver
Step up to the Sony STR-DH790 and enjoy an immersive surround sound experience. With Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, it delivers multi-dimensional, object-based surround sound that places and moves audio anywhere in the room.
4. Best Performance: Denon AVR-S540BT Receiver
Make the most of your 4K UHD TV with the Denon AVR-S540BT receiver. With 140W per channel, the sound is exceptional for you to enjoy immersive sound and picture quality. The on-screen setup assistant walks you through clear, simple instructions to connect your TV and optimizes your surround sound.
Today, most televisions have an input for connecting an AV receiver. An AV receiver is a single device that can perform multiple functions at the same time. These functions include accessing streaming services like Netflix and Amazon Prime Video, listening to music from local or network sources, and playing video games.
If you’re shopping for a new AV receiver with HDMI outputs, there are plenty of things to consider before buying one. For example, do you need a built-in blue ray player? If so, that will impact your decision in a big way. Read on to learn more about how to choose the right AV receiver with HDMI outputs for your home.
Our team had to focus on researching and sifting through hours to get such results for readers. These studies are based on customer star reviews and interviews about their feelings when using the product. When it comes to finding, we believe the YAMAHA RX-V385 5.1-Channel 4K Ultra HD AV Receiver is a worth product to buy. If you're looking for additional options and more in-depth advice, you may check out the following.
RELATED: We've Found the Top 10 Products. Our Buying Guides Help You Get The best budget audio receiver for Your Budget.
Our Top Picks
- HDMI 2.1 with HDCP 2.2 (4 in/1 out)
- 4K Ultra HD support, HDR10, Dolby vision, hybrid log gamma and BT.2020
- Bluetooth for wireless connectivity. Rated Output Power (1kHz, 1ch driven) 100W (8 ohms, 0.9% THD); Rated Output Power (20Hz 20kHz, 2ch driven) 70W (8 ohms, 0.09% THD); Maximum Effective Output Power (1kHz, 1ch driven) (Jeita) 145W (6 ohms, 10% THD)
- 5.1 channel powerful surround sound
- YPAO auto calibration technology for ideal sound, Exclusive Yamaha Cinema DSP technology supports playback of HD Audio (Dolby TrueHD, DTS HD Master Audio, etc.), providing natural and expansive sound imaging
- Providing complete compatibility with the latest HDMI standards, this AV receiver delivers transmission of 4K video at 60 frames/second pass through; It also supports HDR (High Dynamic Range) Video including Dolby Vision and Hybrid Log Gamma which provides incredible contrast, smooth tone and rich, bright colors
- AWARD-WINNING ON-SCREEN SETUP ASSISTANT walks you through clear simple instructions to connect your TV, specific EQ settings and helps you optimize your surround sound. Denon's legacy and Japanese precision technology makes it a must-have for your home
- All HDMI ports (6 In, 1 out) follow the LATEST REVISION TO HIGH-BANDWIDTH DIGITAL CONTENT PROTECTION REQUIREMENTS (HDCP 2.3) and are backward compatible with the earlier versions. Don't fret if your devices have HDCP 2.2 - they'll work perfectly well
- FULL VOICE CONTROL COMPATIBILITY WITH AMAZON ALEXA lets you sit back and enjoy music without having to reach out for the remote. Adjust the volume, change the track or switch the inputs absolutely hands-free
- EXTEND THE REACH OF YOUR MUSIC to any room in the house via Wi-Fi, Airplay or Bluetooth with HEOS MULTI-ROOM WIRELESS SPEAKERS. No Command Center or extra hardware required. Get Hi-Fi sound around your home with Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, Deezer and more
- SMOOTH, SOOTHING, CLEAR SOUND EVERY SINGLE TIME – During setup, the Audyssey Suite – an EQ calibration system – measures & dynamically optimizes all speakers in your home theater for all listening levels. No sudden blasts or muffled dialogues anymore
- UNPRECEDENTED REALISM AND NEW FEATURES – eARC and heightened sound effects with Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology. Be it the sound of a helicopter or torrential rains, it’ll sound so real, you'll think it's happening right above you
- MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR NEW 4K ULTRA HD TV with this 7.2 Ch stereo receiver. Featuring HLG, HDR10, BT.2020, Wide Color Gamut & 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling, it DELIVERS EXCEPTIONAL BRIGHTNESS, CONTRAST and COLOR enriching your movie and gaming experience
Best Sound Quality
Sony STR-DH790 7.2-ch Surround Sound Home Theater AV Receiver
- GET CONNECTED: 4 in/1 out HDMI each and 1 optical / 1 coaxial digital and analog audio connections
- LOW PROFILE DESIGN: STRDH790 Bluetooth receiver measures 5 1/4" tall to fit into most AV cabinets
- IN THE BOX: AV receivers include a calibration microphone, FM antenna, remote control and batteries
- CINEMATIC SOUND AT HOME: Enjoy your favorite movies, TV shows and more with theater like sound in the comfort of your home
- BREATHTAKING AUDIO: Dolby Atmos and DTS:X deliver multi-dimensional and object-based surround sound
- PURE DIRECT FUNCTION: Suppresses front panel noise to provide higher-fidelity sound from all inputs
- SMARTER CONNECTIVITY: Stream music and use Bluetooth Standby turn on the receiver from your phone
- STUNNING 4K QUALITY: 4K HDR pass through with support for Dolby Vision, HDR10, and Hybrid Log Gamma provides greater and clearer color, contrast, and brightness
- AUTO CALIBRATION: Advanced D.C.A.C. analyzes and adjusts the audio for optimal sound in every room
- FOUR QUICK SELECT BUTTONS ON THE FRONT PANEL help you store your preferred audio settings for television, Blu-Ray, and more, and allows you to switch between them quickly
- CONVENIENT CONTROL - Connect the AVR with your Smart TV Remote and access all your speaker sources and surround mode selections using just one remote, or download the Denon 500 Series Remote App for iOS and Android and control the AVR through your phone
- MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR 4K UHD TV – At 140W per channel, the Denon AVR-S540BT receiver delivers exceptional brightness and contrast, and supports HLG, HDR, BT.2020, Wide Color Gamut and 4:4:4 Pure Color sub-sampling for realistic display and immersive sound
- With its 100-year legacy and Japanese precision technology, Denon AV Receiver S540BT DELIVERS MULTI-DIMENSIONAL SURROUND SOUND with 5.2 channel compatibility and SUPPORTS 4K ULTRA HD PICTURE QUALITY, perfect for your home theater and entertainment system
- YOUR FAVORITE MUSIC AT YOUR FINGERTIPS - With built-in Bluetooth, play music from eight different devices, and create an integrated multi-room audio system with Denon HEOS LINK. Allows wireless music streaming from Spotify, TIDAL, Pandora and more
- OUR EASY ON-SCREEN SETUP ASSISTANT walks you through clear simple instructions to connect your TV, specific EQ settings and helps you optimize your surround sound
- UPGRADED 7.2 CHANNEL DISCRETE HIGH-CURRENT POWER AMPLIFIERS ON ALL CHANNELS – Refine your home theater experience with the new Marantz SR5015 stereo receiver (100 W x 7) with ADVANCED 8K HDMI UPSCALLING for extraordinary visuals and superb sound quality
- THE MOST MUSICAL SOUND – Extensively tuned by Marantz sound masters at the most state-of-the-art facilities to deliver an exquisite sonic signature. No component leaves the hands of the Marantz sound masters until it passes rigorous testing
- BUILT-IN DUAL SPEAKER PRESET MEMORY – In addition to the Audyssey MultEQ XT32, SR6015 lets you customize your listening experience by storing two Audyssey settings for your preferred content type or mood, so you can switch between them on the fly
- STREAM MUSIC FROM YOUR FAVORITE SOURCES – Spotify, TuneIn, Deezer, Tidal, Netflix, Amazon Prime & others via Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, AirPlay 2, or HEOS app across one room, or multiple rooms with built-in WIRELESS HEOS MULTI-ROOM AUDIO TECHNOLOGY
- ELEVATED HOME CINEMA – Enjoy all your entertainment in the highest quality formatting. Screen movies in 8K with 8K/60Hz pass-through or upscaling with HDMI technologies like Dynamic HDR and Quick Media Switching (QMS) to eliminate video delay
- SUPPORTS ALL YOUR FAVORITE VOICE ASSISTANTS – Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Siri or any Smart Home Automation system – use your voice to play, pause and stop music, and adjust volumes, as well as to control the thermostat, lights, and home appliances
- SUPERIOR LAG-FREE GAMING with 4K/120Hz* pass-through, Variable Refresh Rate (VRR), Quick Frame Transport (QFT), and Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM), which reduces or eliminates lag and frame tearing for a smoother, lag-free gaming experience
- MULTI-DIMENSIONAL AUDIO WITH HEIGHTENED REALISM – Supports Dolby Atmos, Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization, DTS:X & DTS Virtual:X that delivers a premium, life-like cinematic experience in a 2.1, 5.1 or 7.1 speaker set up, even without in-ceiling speakers
- ADVANCED 8K HDMI CONNECTIVITY – 6 HDMI In / 2 Out (HDCP 2.3 compliant), dedicated 8K input, USB port, phono & Aux inputs, with analog & digital inputs for audio sources like DVD & Blu-ray player, subwoofer & speakers for a cohesive surround sound system
- CONNECT WITH ANY HD/ULTRA HD TV, SUBWOOFER, BLU-RAY PLAYER & TURNTABLE FOR INCREDIBLE STEREO SOUND – USB, 11 HDMI ports (8 In/ 3 Out) with HDCP 2.3 processing, Digital In, Phono input and Network support with a range of wireless connections
- ENJOY THE MOST ADVANCED VIDEO TECHNOLOGY AVAILABLE with Dynamic HDR and HDR10+. This 9.2 channel receiver delivers clarity, contrast & color, and Quick Media Switching eliminates video delay
- EXTEND THE REACH OF YOUR MUSIC to any room in the house via Wi-Fi, Airplay 2 or Bluetooth with HEOS MULTI-ROOM WIRELESS SPEAKERS like Denon Home series, without any extra hardware. Get Hi-Fi audio around your home with Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn and more
- Does not support pass-through from all 4K/120Hz media sources
- UNMATCHED 3D REALISM FOR YOUR HOME THEATER SYSTEM – Enjoy Immersive surround sound with Auro-3D, IMAX Enhanced, DTS Virtual:X and Dolby Atmos and crisp, clean picture with advanced video processing, 8K/60Hz, and 4K/120Hz pass-through
- Enjoy high quality 3D audio & video knowing that AVR-X4700H IS 8K READY WHEN YOU ARE. This high-power amplifier capable of 11.2 channel processing allows to build your choice of speaker configuration TO MEET YOUR EXCLUSIVE ENTERTAINMENT NEEDS
- AWARD-WINNING ON-SCREEN SETUP ASSISTANT provides simple, clear instructions to connect your TV and Audyssey MultEQ XT32 (with 2 preset options) accurately calibrates all speakers in your home setup and tunes the AVR for an optimal listening experience
- NEXT GEN GAMING - Enjoy a smooth, lag-free gaming experience with spectacular imaging, reduced lag and frame tearing with 4K/120Hz pass-through, Variable Refresh Rate (VRR), Quick Frame Transport (QFT), and Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM)
- Supports 4K/60p and HDR (HDR10, HLG, Dolby Vision, BT.2020)
- 5.2.2-ch Dolby Atmos and DTS:X playback
- AccuEQ with subwoofer EQ and AccuReflex
- Dolby Atmos Height Virtualizer* and DTS Virtual:X
- 160 watts per channel
- UNMATCHED 3D REALISM FOR YOUR HOME THEATER SYSTEM – Enjoy Immersive surround sound with Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization & DTS Virtual:X and crisp, clean picture with advanced video processing, 8K/60Hz, and 4K/120Hz pass-through
- ENJOY THE MOST ADVANCED VIDEO TECHNOLOGY AVAILABLE with Dynamic HDR and HDR10+. This 7.2 channel receiver delivers clarity, contrast & color, & Quick Media Switching eliminates video delay
- AWARD-WINNING ON-SCREEN SETUP ASSISTANT provides simple, clear instructions to connect your TV, & Audyssey MultEQ XT (with 2 preset options) that accurately calibrates all speakers in your home setup & tunes the AVR for an optimal listening experience
- Does not support pass-through from all 4K/120Hz media sources
- EXTEND THE REACH OF YOUR MUSIC to any room in the house via Wi-Fi, Airplay 2 or Bluetooth with HEOS MULTI-ROOM WIRELESS SPEAKERS like the Denon Home series, without any extra hardware. Get Hi-Fi audio around your home with Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn & more
- GET THE MOST OUT OF YOUR 4K TV - Enjoy the highest quality 3D audio and video knowing that the AVR-S960H is 8K READY WHEN YOU ARE. This high-power amplifier meets the most demanding entertainment needs with the latest technology available
- NEXT GEN GAMING - Enjoy a smooth, lag-free gaming experience with spectacular imaging, reduced lag & frame tearing with 4K/120Hz pass-through, Variable Refresh Rate (VRR), Quick Frame Transport (QFT), and Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM)
- FULL VOICE CONTROL COMPATIBILITY WITH AMAZON ALEXA so you can adjust the volume, change tracks & switch inputs absolutely hands-free. Also works with Google Assistant, Apple Siri & integrates with home-automation systems like Josh.ai & Control4 SDPP
- CONNECT WITH ANY HD/ULTRA HD TV, SUBWOOFER, BLU-RAY PLAYER & TURNTABLE FOR INCREDIBLE STEREO SOUND - USB, 8 HDMI ports (6 In/ 2 Out) with HDCP 2.3 processing, Digital In, Phono input & Network support with a range of wireless connections
- Stream your favorite music
- Music made easy with Chromecast built-in
- HDMI Sub Out for media transmission to a projector gaming monitor or TV
- Immersive Sound from your TV Apps
- At 4-inches tall, this 5.2 channel stereo receiver is A COMPLETE HOME ENTERTAINMENT BOX LOADED WITH FEATURES. Connect all your audio sources, enjoy wireless streaming, plug your USB drives or play vinyls using the MM phono preamp – it’s got it all
- This 5 CHANNEL DISCRETE POWER AMPLIFIER (50W per channel) boasts 6 HDMI inputs and 1 output, full HDCP 2.2 support for copy protection - a must-buy for your home entertainment and speaker system
- MULTI-ROOM AUDIO TECHNOLOGY – With the HEOS Home Entertainment App, play the same song in every room, or a different one in each room. Connect all your HEOS speakers to the app and get full control everywhere in your home
- EASY-TO-UNDERSTAND & USER-FRIENDLY SETUP ASSISTANT comes with an ADVANCED GRAPHICAL USER INTERFACE that guides you through the step-by-step process and connects all your audio sources to the stereo amplifier receiver
- HANDS-FREE OPERATIONS – Command your favorite voice control agent - Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant or Apple Siri - to STREAM UNLIMITED MUSIC using popular services like Spotify, TuneIn, Netflix and more via Built-in HEOS, Bluetooth or Wi-Fi
- ULL COMPATIBILITY WITH 4K ULTRA HD TV – Featuring 60Hz full-rate content, pure color sub-sampling, BT.2020, HDR, HLG, eARC & Dolby Vision, enjoy an IMPACTFUL HOME THEATER EXPERIENCE with EXCEPTIONAL PICTURE QUALITY & A THRILLING SURROUND SOUND
What to Look For in a av receiver with hdmi?
Multi-zone Audio Feature
Inputs And Outputs
Automatic speaker calibration is an option on many receivers that makes it easier to calibrate the speakers. The receiver sends test sounds to each speaker and subwoofer, and monitors the sound with a microphone. This allows it to determine the size of the speaker, to measure distance between the speaker and the listener, and to check that the connections are correct. This technology is compatible with surround sound as well as traditional 2-channel home entertainment systems.
Total Harmonic Distortion
RELATED: We've researched 13,515 customer reviews to create a list of 10 best av receiver for audiophiles from well-known brands for you.
What Is The Difference Between 5.2 And 7.2 Receivers?Five surround sound speakers can be connected to a 5.2 receiver, as well as two subwoofers. For the surround sound speakers, there are five options: front left, front right and center.
Seven channels are available for surround sound speakers, and two subwoofer channels. A 7.2 receiver can handle both. The 7.2 speaker arrangement is identical to a standard 5.1 setup, with two additional surround sound speakers at the back and one more in the back.
Does An AV Receiver Improve Video Quality?Advanced video processing abilities can be found in some AV receivers that improve image quality. The best performance is only possible with high-end, expensive models.
Even if your receiver is not high-end, modern televisions are equipped with excellent video processing algorithms, which will produce a stunning picture, regardless of source.
What Is The Difference Between A Stereo Receiver And A Surround Sound Receiver?Stereo receivers have two channels, and can be used to play stereo audio. Surround sound receivers have five channels or more and can connect to surround sound speakers.
To get surround sound, most people desire surround sound speakers. Stereo amplifiers can be used to enhance the sound quality in your home.
What Is Upconverting In An AV Receiver?You connect the player to the receiver with one type of connection and expect that the receiver will output the video using another type.
You might, for example, connect an analog DVD player to the receiver and ask it to transmit this via HDMI.
Only the most expensive receivers are capable of upconverting different video inputs to HDMI output. You will need to transmit the component video signal through a component attached to the receiver if the receiver is unable to upconvert.
Is An A/V Receiver Good For Gaming?You might find it possible, particularly if surround sound is important for immersive gaming. Before you purchase, make sure it supports the most recent standards, such as Dolby Atmos (one of the newer HDMI standards), and HDR compatibility. You can also find features like Auto Low Latency Mode and Variable Refresh rate support on the Denon AVRX4700H. While an A/V receiver doesn't need to be used for gaming, it is a great addition if surround sound is important.
Which A/V Receivers Are Better For Music Or Movies?No. Music can reveal more about sound quality and character than movies soundtracks. Those who listen to music may prefer one brand over another.
What Is The Difference Between An AV Receiver And An Amplifier?An integrated amplifier that includes a preamplifier as well as a power amp in one box is called an AV receiver. It is also known as a receiver. It could be called an amplifier.
A receiver can be described as an integrated amplifier and a tuner that receives AM/FM radio signal. Technically speaking, an AV amplifier should not be used if it doesn't include a tuner. An AV receiver can be used, but it is still a common term.
It's time to start buying when you've determined the best types of av receiver with hdmi and the characteristics you want. It's important to remember that you needn't rush out to a certain store or browse internet discounts just soon. You may quickly discover your pal thanks technological advancements, particularly the proliferation of selling sites.
Try to keep an eye on our site's regular to guarantee the latest deals av receiver with hdmi passes our standards. As a result, you'll be able to close the gap with them. Could you kindly provide us with feedback so that we can satisfy you guys, our customers? Wish you a great shopping experience!
READ NEXT: The Modern Vinyl Record Players For 2023