The Best Bookshelf Speakers For Classical Music In 2023
1. Best Overall: Klipsch RP-600M Reference Premiere Bookshelf Speakers
Klipsch Reference Premiere Speakers deliver the reference sound that has made Klipsch a household name. The RP-600M is a two-way bookshelf speaker that delivers an amazing level of detail and lifelike realism from movies, music and video games.
2. Best Bang For The Buck: Edifier R1280T Powered Bookshelf Speakers
Add a touch of class to your home with the Edifier R1280T powered bookshelf speakers. These 2.0 stereo active near field monitors produce crisp and clear sound with ample bass suitable for any audio enthusiast. The high quality MDF wood build finished in wood effect vinyl ensures both good looks and build quality for years to come.
3. Best Compact: Klipsch Synergy Black Label B-200 Bookshelf Speaker Pair
The Klipsch Synergies Black Label B-200 Bookshelf Speaker Pair is a perfect fit for anyone looking for crisp, accurate sound. Each speaker measures and features a magnetically shielded driver design to prevent interference with TV sets and other electronic equipment. And the non-fatiguing sound provides hours of listening pleasure!
4. Best Compatible: Polk Audio T15 100 Watt Home Theater Bookshelf Speakers
Polk Audio T15 Home Theater Bookshelf Speakers are compatible with most home theater AV receivers, giving you many setup arrangement options! With these value-priced speakers, you can now enjoy premium acoustics, high-quality construction, easy setup, and a spectacular theater experience right at home!
If you love classical music, it’s likely that you have a favourite piece that inspires you every time you listen to it. In order to really experience this and get the most out of listening to classical music, try investing in a good book shelf speaker system.
These are small yet high-quality speakers that will help you appreciate your favourite classical tracks to the fullest. They don’t offer anything earth-shattering with their sound quality, but they really do enhance your listening experience by providing realistic acoustics and letting you hear every nuance of the music.
In this post we list our top picks for book shelf speakers for classical listeners, starting with the budget-friendly options up through the priciest models on the market right now. Let's check and you will not disappointed with our Klipsch RP-600M Reference Premiere Bookshelf Speakers and Edifier R1280T Powered Bookshelf Speakers.
RELATED: We're taking a look at the best budget ceiling speakers in the market in 2023. This article includes a list of the top picks and some FAQs.
Our Top Picks
- Bass-reflex via rear-firing tractrix port
- Strong, flexible removable magnetic grille
- 6.5" Spun copper cerametallic woofers
- Dual binding posts for bi-wire/bi-amp
- 1” titanium lts vented tweeter with hybrid tractrix Horn
- CLASSIC WOOD FINISH - High quality MDF wood build finished with wood effect vinyl serves as a great compliment to any home decor.
- STUDIO SOUND QUALITY - Natural sound reproduction from 13mm silk dome tweeter and 4 inch full range unit
- 2 x AUX INPUT - Convenient connection to any device that has a 3.5mm headphone output or dual RCA output. Connect to two devices via AUX at the same time, no plugging and switching needed. (None Bluetooth version)
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY - Guaranteed high quality and reliability with hassle-free parts and labor warranty for two years in USA and Canada.
- REMOTE CONTROL - Adjust volume at your figure tips. Bass and treble control located on the side of main speaker.
- Dimensions: 12.5" H x 7" W x 8" D
- Contemporary finish to integrate with any decor with ease
- Dynamic .75" tweeter, 5.25" high-output woofer
- Accurate, non-fatiguing sound provides hours of listening pleasure
- Use as front speakers or surround speakers
- What’s in the box: (2) Pair of Klipsch Synergy Black Label bookshelf speakers & power cord - external wiring and speaker pads not included
- Supplying the speaker with sufficient power is important for quality audio reproduction and longevity of the speaker's components
- Speaker must be connected to an AV receiver or amplifier for audio signal and power
- CREATE A FULL-FLEDGED 5.1 HOME THEATER SETUP with the complete range of T-series speakers from Polk with two T50 Tower Speakers, one T30 Center Channel, two T15 Bookshelf speakers and a subwoofer
- POLK'S UNMATCHED QUALITY AT AN AFFORDABLE PRICE. With these value-priced speakers, you can now enjoy premium acoustics, high quality construction, easy setup and a spectacular theater experience right at home
- Use these wall-mountable bookshelf speakers as FRONT, LEFT-RIGHT SETUP, SURROUNDS OR AS REAR SPEAKERS and get mesmerized by detailed audio with crystal clear vocals, enough to fill any small to medium sized room
- GET SUPERIOR HOME THEATER EXPERIENCE WITH IMMERSIVE SURROUND SOUND – Featuring (1) 0.75" tweeter & (1) 5.25" Dynamic Balance Driver, these speakers are designed to produce a natural, well-balanced sound with massive bass even at the lowest frequencies
- Polk speakers are COMPATIBLE WITH MOST HOME THEATER AV RECEIVERS giving you many setup arrangement options - in single or multi-room with 2.0, 2.1, 3.1 systems or an immersive 5.1, 7.1 or 9.1 setup
- PREMIUM BUILD QUALITY AND MODERN DESIGN - An upgrade to the critically acclaimed Monitor series, the Polk Monitor XT series features latest innovations in affordable but great sounding speakers, and their stylish design blends with any home décor
- CREATE AN AFFORDABLE HOME THEATER SETUP - The use of quality, timbre matched Polk components ensures seamless speaker-to-speaker blending. Create a unified surround system with MXT60 tower pair, MXT30 center channel, MXT90 height module and a MXT12 sub
- HIGH RESOLUTION SOUND FROM ALL INPUTS - Monitor XT15's 4- & 8-Ohm compatibility delivers Dolby Atmos & DTS:X surround sound from your favorite sources, including online streaming via Apple Music, Amazon Music HD, Tidal, Spotify and more
- COMPACT BOOKSHELF SPEAKER PAIR - Enjoy lifelike sound from movies, games, and music with Polk Monitor XT15 that features a 1" Tweeter & a 5.25" Dynamically Balanced Woofer for rich, clear audio, an open mid-range and punchy bass in an immersive soundstage
- VERSATILE PLACEMENT OPTIONS - Delivering maximum performance in a compact size, the speakers can be placed on a bookshelf, or a speaker stand (sold separately). Use the MXT15 as front, surround or rear speakers for a stunning home theater experience
- WHAT’S INCLUDED: Pair of Audioengine A5+ Wireless Powered Speakers, Bluetooth Antenna, 12ft. Gold-Plated Banana Plug Speaker Wire, AC Power Cord, 3.5mm Mini-Jack Audio Cable, RCA Audio Cable, Solid Aluminum Remote Control Microfiber Speaker Bags and Cable Bags, Setup Guide, Brochure
- PREMIUM POWERED BLUETOOTH BOOKSHELF SPEAKERS: Audioengine has brought traditional high-quality audio equipment into the digital age. Their range of Award-Winning products have been praised by What Hi-Fi, CNet, and Wired to name just a few of the publications who have tested their products since 2005.
- WARRANTY: Stellar US based customer support and 3 year product warranty is included. Based in Austin, TX, Audioengine has been changing the way people listen to music since 2005. Our passion is creating products that sound great, are easy to use, and make people want to listen to music every day.
- 150 WATTS OF POWER: Experience room filling sound from a small footprint with 150 watts of combined peak output. Easily connect the Audioengine S8 or other subwoofer via the RCA variable output. At 10.75”H x 7”W x 9”D, the A5+ Wireless speakers sound much bigger than they are.
- BLUETOOTH, RCA & 3.5mm INPUTS: Either connect directly to your MAC, PC, Phone or Laptop via Bluetooth or connect to any music source through the 3.5mm or RCA inputs - start enjoying audiophile quality sound straight out of the box! With Bluetooth aptX HD, 100 foot range and a 24bit DAC, you will enjoy placement flexibility and nuances of your music that you’ve never heard before.
- DUAL RCA INPUTS - Easily connect to any devices with RCA to RCA/3.5 mm-RCA audio cable. Connect to two devices at the same time, no more plugging and unplugging. (None Bluetooth version)
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY - Guaranteed high quality and reliability with hassle-free parts and labor warranty for two years in USA and Canada.
- UPDATED REMOTE CONTROL - Adjust volume, mute/unmute from across the room. Bass, treble, and volume control located on the side panel. Enhance your listing experience with Soundfield Spatializer button.
- EXTRA SUB-OUT PORT - A Subwoofer output with automatic detection for connecting an external extra active subwoofer. A built-in crossover is activated when the subwoofer is connected.
- SUPERIOR SOUND QUALITY - 42W continuous undistorted power, 4-inch sub-woofer unit and 13mm silk dome tweeter unit ensure strong bass and bring more impactful sound.
- FEATURES Perfect for TV sound, it’s wireless that works with all your devices and apps, and requires no network setup or passwords. High-end sound wrapped in hand-built wood cabinets and no receiver needed. Optical audio input, aptX HD Bluetooth codec, subwoofer connection and solid metal remote control.
- WORKS WITH Turntables with built-in or external preamps, all music players: phones, desktop computers, laptops, notebooks, TVs with an analog output, CD and DVD players, video game consoles and all products with 1/8" mini-jack or RCA outputs
- POWERED BLUETOOTH BOOKSHELF SPEAKERS WITH INTEGRATED DAC: The HD6 Bluetooth Speakers feature built-in analog power amplifiers that bring you incredible audio. The aptX HD Bluetooth codec with 100 foot range and 24-bit DAC allow you to bypass the low quality sound card in your laptop or phone to deliver premium sound quality with extended wireless range.
- WARRANTY: Audioengine builds quality speakers that they stand behind. All Audioengine products come with a 3-year transferable warranty. COVERAGE: Stellar US based customer support and 3 year product coverage is included. Based in Austin, TX, Audioengine has been changing the way people listen to music since 2005. Our passion is creating products that sound great, are easy to use, and make people want to listen to music every day.
- WHAT’S INCLUDED: Pair of Audioengine HD6 Wireless Powered Speakers, Bluetooth antenna, aluminum cased remote control, 4m speaker wire, power supply & cord, 2m 3.5mm mini-jack audio cable, 2m RCA audio cable, microfiber speaker bags and cable bags, setup guide, brochure
- 🎵【Premium Sound Quality】 Moukey bookshelf speakers feature 1 inch treble unit and 5 inch bass unit , so they are able to produce clear treble at higher frequencies and powerful bass at lower frequencies. And the built-in crossover in the speakers will split up audio signals and send them to drivers designed for specific frequency ranges to improve your listening experience
- 🎵【Handcrafted Wooden Boxes】 M20-1 speakers use hand-made wooden boxes with structure accurate to 1 cm to achieve better sound quality
- 🎵【Suggested Use】 A power amplifier is needed to match with these passive speakers( We recommend Moukey Bluetooth Power Amplifier System). Please don’t exceed the maximum input power (50W for each speaker) and impedance ( 6 ohms for each speaker)
- 🎵【Superior Home Theater Enjoyment】The M20-1 Stereo speakers are compatible with most home theater receivers, stereos and home theater processors, giving you plenty of setup arrangement options. Use these bookshelf speakers as front, left-right setup, surrounds, as rear speakers, also with 2.0, 2.1, 3.1 systems or an immersive 5.1, 7.1 or 9.1 setup
- 🎵【Wall-mountable 】 It provide an independent hook on the back side of each speaker. You can easily hang them on the wall if you like and have more space on your table
- INTELLIGENT CROSSOVER: In order to optimize the quality of music, this passive speaker is added a high-end crossover developed by Moukey inside the product, so that 3 different audios of high, middle and low are sent to the corresponding speaker unit for interpretation.
- HANDMADE WOODEN ENCLOSURE: The passive speaker used handcrafted wooden boxes, accurate to every 1CM level and structure, to achieve the best enjoyment of sound quality.
- 3-WAY FREQUENCY: This passive bookshelf speaker is composed of 5‘’+2‘’+1‘’ three speakers, responsible for deducing every detail of the 20-20000Hz frequency band. The high frequency is bright but not harsh, and the details are well processed; the middle frequency highlights the human voice and restores the real voice of the singer; the low frequency part is strong and powerful, and full of shock.
- WALL-MOUNTABLE: In addition to the normal placement of the speakers, we also designed independent hooks on the back panel to facilitate you to hang the speakers on the wall.
- MULTI-SCENE APPLICATION: Moukey's passive bookshelf speakers can be applied to family, karaoke, small bar, study, bedroom, etc. Note: Passive speakers cannot play music alone, you can it use it with Moukey MAMP1 amplifier.
What To Know About The best bookshelf speakers for classical music Before Purchasing It
There are numerous factors to consider buying a product. In the section below, we will give you some key points to pay attention to prior to buying a best bookshelf speakers for classical music. Of course, It’s indispensable for buyers to do some research before making a purchase so that they won’t end up with something that can’t meet their expectations.
In this post, with our useful and available tips for shopping, we will make it easier for you to select and make the best decisions when tending to own the best bookshelf speakers for classical music. Here is your area! Give it your attention and make it your assistant.
Matching With The Right Components
For performance reasons, it is best to stick with one brand of speaker if you are using surround sound or multichannel speakers. You may need to fine tune the mix-and match situation.
You can connect a speaker via wired or wireless connectivity. An audio system that is wired would connect to the speakers where the sound comes from. A wireless subwoofer, on the other hand, will connect to speakers via Bluetooth or WiFi.
Size And Styling
Types Of Speakers
There are many types of speakers, including floor-standing, bookcase, satellite, subwoofers, soundbar, portable and others. While some types, like on-wall speakers can be placed right away, others, such as in-ceiling or in-wall, may need special installations and/or fixtures, and are best plugged in within a few minutes. You have the option of wired or wireless speakers, as well as multi-channel surround sound or a stereo pair. Your personal preference should guide your decision.
Listen to as many speakers models as you can with the music you are familiar with when shopping. To get an idea of the speaker that interests you, bring along CDs and flash drives with digital music.
You can also evaluate speakers by listening to live music. You should find the music to be natural and enjoyable for long periods.
RELATED: According to 6,142 reviews of customers on popular websites, our experts found the top 10 best small audio speakers
How Many Watts Is A Good Speaker?The term "wattage" does not necessarily mean quality. It is simply a measurement of the power that a speaker can produce. A 1,000-watt speaker might be louder that a 100-watt one, but what matters most is how the engineer built the speaker. This includes everything, from the cabinet, drivers and woofers, to the tweeter.
What Features Do The Best Overall Speakers Offer?This all depends on your needs. Consider a portable, great-sounding speaker. Look for something that is weather-proof and can connect to multiple sources (e.g. Bluetooth, Wi Fi, auxiliary). You will also need plenty of power for times when you can't access a charger. You should consider features such as wattage and resistance. It's not a good idea to have a set of high-end hi-fi speakers which are difficult to blend in with your home.
Will Speakers Accept A 3.5mm Input?Most speakers have a 3.5mm input. Many amplifiers and receivers have an RCA input. However, you can connect a 3.5mm source with an adapter.
Will Speakers Work With Any Receiver?Although technically yes, you will need to match the impedance. You might also want to invest in a bigger, stronger amplifier to support larger speakers. It is better to have more power than less, but you should be cautious to not damage the speakers.
Do Higher Watt Speakers Sound Better?Not necessarily. There are some high-wattage speakers out there that sound amazing and pack a lot of power, but the majority of people will be happy with 50-watt bookshelf speakers. These speakers focus on engineering and design more than just pure power.
How Can You Improve Speaker Quality?You can improve the quality of your speakers' sound by doing a few things. First, look around at the space where you listen. Moving a chair or couch could improve your listening experience. How about your speakers? You'll need to triangulate the seating arrangement to position you at the middle of the listening area, and your speakers pointed towards you.
Try placing your speakers on the ground. Instead, place them on shelves and speaker stands. Bookshelf speakers can often be matched with your height while seated.
Do I Need A Subwoofer With My Speaker Setup? Will It Come With One?It all depends. It depends on where you live. If not specified, most speakers don't come with subwoofers. However, soundbars usually do.
Hopefully, our sharing above will take you much closer with your best bookshelf speakers for classical music. The model we suggested for you is equipped with all things you may need. Nevertheless, suppose you have a fancy for another one, we highly recommend Klipsch R-41M Powerful Detailed Bookshelf Home Speaker. To conclude, we wish you a pleasant shopping time. And if there is any problem related to this article that you wonder about, please contact us soon for timely answers. It's our pleasure to serve you!