The 10 Best Small Analog Mixer, Tested And Researched
1. Best Overall: YAMAHA MG10XU 10-Input Stereo Mixer
The mixer features studio-grade discrete amps with an inverted circuit providing fat, natural-sounding bass and smooth, soaring highs.
2. Runner Up: Mackie Mix8 8-Channel Mixer
This unit provides studio-level audio quality and overload indication for the first two channels, as well as phantom power for studio condenser mics.
3. Best Noise-Minimized: Behringer XENYX Q1202USB Premium 12-Input 2-Bus Mixer
This unit offers the ultimate solution for professional mixing applications requiring the warmth and depth of true analog technology.
4. Best For Multiple Inputs: Pyle PMXU67BT 6-Channel Studio Audio Mixer
This DJ mixer boasts six channels of inputs, including L/R outputs and four XLR microphone inputs for a high-performance audio experience.
The best small mixers are the smaller versions of stand-alone consoles that you can use to add mixing capabilities to your home studio. Small mixing boards are essential in any recording setup, especially when you have limited space.
While there are many large analog mixers on the market, not all of them will fit into your small home studio setup. There are a couple of options out there for smaller mixers that can help you get more control over your audio with less space. Let's take a look at some of the best small analog mixers and see which one is best for you and your home recording studio setup.
Our favorite is the YAMAHA MG10XU 10-Input Stereo Mixer, as this compact unit can provide all the functionality of larger models, making it perfect for those tight on space or simply looking for something more compact.
RELATED: We Did The Research For You. Find and Compare the best usb mixers Based on Price, Features, Ratings & Reviews Here.
Our Top Picks
- MG Series mixers feature a rugged, impact resistant, powder coated metal chassis; Equivalent input noise 128 dBu, residual output noise 102 dBu
- 1 knob compressors allow easy control resulting in livelier guitars, punchier bass lines, a tighter snare and a cleaner vocal sound
- Featuring studio grade discrete class A D PRE amps with inverted Darlington circuit providing fat, natural sounding bass and smooth, soaring highs
- 10 channel mixer with USB and SPX digital effects
- Dimensions(W×H×D): 244 millimeter x 71 millimeter x 294 millimeter (9.6x2.8x11.6 inches)
- Note: Please refer to the user manual before use
- 3 band EQ and high pass filters give you maximum control and eliminate unwanted noise, resulting in a cleaner mix
- 1 aux send with stereo 1/4'' returns
- 2 mic/line inputs with studio-level audio quality, pan, level and overload indication and phantom power for studio condenser mics
- 8 Channel Compact Effects Mixer with Proven High-Headroom, Low-Noise Performance
- 3-band EQ on all channels with clean, precise tone shaping
- 2 stereo 1/4" line inputs
Behringer XENYX Q1202USB Premium 12-Input 2-Bus Mixer
- 4 state-of-the-art Xenyx Mic Preamps comparable to stand-alone boutique preamps
- Premium ultra-low noise, high headroom analog mixer
- Neo-classic 'British' 3-band EQs for warm and musical sound
- Studio-grade compressors with super-easy 'one-knob' functionality and control LED
- +48V PHANTOM POWER: For reliable power source, this DJ mixer comes with a +48V Phantom power supply. Includes a 3=pin power adapter cable and the stereo output level meter is 12-Segment (-30, -20, -10, -7, -4, -2, 0, +2, +4, +7, +10, CLIP)
- LED INDICATOR LIGHTS: The recording mixer has LED indicator lights and rotary adjustment knobs for user convenience. It has input selection, master volume controls, independent channel balance and high, plus, low frequency adjustment
- BLUETOOTH FOR WIRELESS STREAMING: This portable 6-channel DJ sound controller has Bluetooth for wireless streaming ability. It works with iPhone, Android, iPad, Tablet, MP3 Player and other devices. The wireless range is 15 ft
- RECORD AND CONNECT TO PC: This personal mixer has a USB soundcard and audio interface to record and connect to MAC or PC and it has universal digital audio file compatibility. Can be used by beginners or studio professional applications
- 6-CHANNEL MIXER: The device caters multiple device connectivity because it has 6 channels. It has 2 1/4’’ (L/R) outputs, 4 XLR microphone inputs, 1/4’’ mono + stereo inputs,1/4’’ Send + Return inputs and 1/4’’ headphone jack
- Brand: Mackie
- Product Code: 802VLZ4
- Improved RF rejection perfect for Broadcast applications
- 3 boutique-quality onyx mic preamps
- 8-Channel mixer featuring Mackie signature high-headroom/low-noise design
- Get legendary Soundcraft quality from professional microphone preamps
- Work seamlessly with your Mac or PC to record, edit, and play projects using your favorite audio software
- Designed for singer-songwriters and podcasters, the notepad Series provides a layout that’s familiar to audio professionals yet easy to learn for beginners
- Sweeten your mix with HARMAN digital signal Processing, including iconic Lexicon reverb, echo, and delay
- Getting a great mix is easy with a familiar channel strip layout that Includes EQ, aux send, master fader level and rotary headphone volume control
- Flexible LOOPBACK feature - perfect for live recording or webcasting.
- Easy control and pro sound with 1-TOUCH COMP/EQ, EFFECT and AMP SIM processing.
- Includes Cubase Al (downloadable version) recording/midi-sequencing software.
- Multi-purpose 6-channel mixer and high resolution (24-bit 192 kHz) 2-track audio recording /playback computer interface (MAC or PC).
- IPad (2 or later) connectivity via Apple iPad Camera Connection Kit (requires external USB power supply)
- Bluetooth Wireless Audio Streaming : Cable free music streaming ability directly to the consoles; Mix all kinds of devices as smart phone to this audio mixer. Very easy to wirelessly stream all music tunes to the mixing board from Spotify or Pandora
- Ultra-thin and Rugged Chassis: With thin design, sealed rotary controls to resist dust, great experience of touching to use this mixer. This compact mixer provides total dynamic control, is great for high quality on stage performance,premium quality crystal clear studio level quality audio playback
- Multi Devices Compatibility : USB/Flash Reader /MP3 or Bluetooth device are very easy to connect this mixer to Mix & record; Built in built in controls provide friendly experience to play/pause, skip tracks and switch between modes
- New Multi Voltage Power Supply: 100V 240V (+/ 15V DC Power adapter) ideal for worldwide usage; offering optional power supplies that give an amazing friendly user experience【If there's any problem, please don't hesitate to contact us, we are very happy to help and strive for good customer service.】
- MIC + Stereo Line Inputs: Supporting XLR and unbalanced 1/4" plug with +48V phantom buttons, highly accurate LED peak level indicator,10-Segment Stereo Output Level METER and ultra musical 3 band EQ on all channels; Ultra low noise, high headroom mixer with super easy functionality for professional vocal and instrumental sound
- Four Mic/Line channels with professional quality Mic preamps
- Compact 12-channel USB mixer with five faders and digital effects
- 99 digital effects with FX level controls on each channel
- Four Stereo channels with balance controls, Peak level LED"s
- Onboard phantom power
- 8x4 24-bit/96 kHz, USB 2. 0 (over USB-C connection) audio recording interface; record every channel plus the main mix
- Complete recording solution: Includes Capture live-recording software and Studio One Artist DAW for Mac and Windows
- 2x2 SD recorder (record main mix); supports SD and SDHC formats up to 32 GB
- 8-channel analog mixer with 4 balanced mic inputs with XMAX mic preamps, 2 instrument/line inputs, 2 pairs of stereo balanced line inputs, Stereo Super Channel with Bluetooth 5. 0 wireless, RCA inputs, 1/8-inch stereo input, switchable SD/USB stereo playback, stereo effects processor with 16 presets, dedicated send and return, and bypass footswitch jack
- Global +48V phantom power
What to Look for When Selecting best small analog mixer?
There are numerous factors for customers to consider whenever they decide to buy a best small analog mixer. Simultaneously, it comes with many product types and brands, which makes it difficult for you to choose yourself. Thus, we are here to give you support, guidance, and solutions to these problems. Our buying guide will highlight some most outstanding features related to the best small analog mixer of 2024.
Nowadays, the number of technology sale networks, especially websites, sale forums, or even the online space for customers’ comments, has been dramatically increased. So, you can quickly obtain information on best small analog mixer available on these sources.
Along with reading the update of best small analog mixer on famous websites, you are also expected to go through some needed things below to make a great decision.
A smaller mixer is more convenient and portable in most situations. A mixer that has less than 16 channels is best if you are concerned about portability. While 16 channels are not an exact rule, they represent the compromise between small and large mixers. Make sure your mixer is protected and has a strong chassis. Mixers can even come with knobs or faders that have very delicate settings. This is important!
Inserts And Direct Outputs
Analog Or Digital
RELATED: The best keyboard mixer for every need and budget, based on over 4,336,818 reviews from former users.