The Best Turntable Under 400 For 2024
1. Best Overall: Victrola 8-in-1 Bluetooth Record Player
The Victrola 8-in-1 Bluetooth Record Player is the first turntable to combine vintage looks with modern features. The turntable not only plays vinyl records, but it also has a CD & cassette player, FM radio, bluetooth, and aux & headphone jack for audio streaming from your smartphone.
2. Runner Up: Audio-Technica AT-LP60X-BK Turntable
Experience the high fidelity audio of vinyl with this fully automatic belt drive turntable. It features an anti-resonance, die cast aluminum platter and offers 2 speeds: 33 1/3 or 45 RPM. The Audio Technica AT-LP60X-BK is a must-have for any audiophile!
3. Best Realiable: Fluance RT81 Elite High Fidelity Vinyl Turntable Record Player
Bring your LPs back to life with the Fluance RT81 Elite High Fidelity Vinyl Turntable Record Player. This high-quality belt-driven turntable features a premium tonearm, cartridge and amplifier for a pure analog listening experience.
4. Budget pick: Audio-Technica AT-LP120XUSB-BK Direct-Drive Turntable
The Audio-Technica AT-LP120XUSB-BK is a professional DJ turntable with a high-torque, direct-drive motor for quick start-ups and a USB output that connects directly to your computer. It has a switchable built-in preamp so you can easily play records through an audio system or powered speakers.
If you’re an audiophile who doesn’t have a ton of cash to throw around, finding the best turntable under 400 can be a difficult task. Thankfully, there are plenty of excellent options available for those on a budget.
These affordable turntables offer everything you need to listen to your record collection again without spending much money.
The best turntables under $400 will not only save you money, but they’ll also accurately play both your vinyl records and your audio files. Here are our top recommendations for the best budget turntables.
You are strongly encouraged to pay close attention to the Victrola 8-in-1 Bluetooth Record Player as our top product. Or you can check the Audio-Technica AT-LP60X-BK Turntable as the other great option, even if the first option didn't meet all of your requirements.
RELATED: Our top 10 best technics turntable has been researched and selected by our expert team through 5,619 reviews.
Our Top Picks
- HIGH QUALITY DESIGN & FINISHING – Victrola's 115-year commitment to craftsmanship is evident in the stylish retro real wood case, strong hinges, high quality fabric grilles, gentle lifting mechanism and well-balanced sound
- NO STEREO SYSTEM OR EXTRA EQUIPMENT REQUIRED. Get it up and running in minutes. Retro looks combined with the convenience of modern technology make this record player a great value - ideal for beginners & vintage enthusiasts alike
- ALL THE CONTROLS YOU NEED – Features a volume knob, FM tuner and easy click buttons for input select, power, play/pause/forward/rewind, eject, program, shuffle, repeat, and a full function remote control
- 8-in-1 ENTERTAINMENT CENTER – With vintage looks & modern features, this turntable not only plays your Vinyls, but also has a CD & cassette player, FM radio, Bluetooth, and Aux & headphone jack for audio streaming from your smartphone
- THREE SPEED BELT-DRIVEN TURNTABLE – This 3-speed (33 1/3, 45, 78 rpm) record player features UPGRADED PREMIUM SOUND QUALITY with minimum vibrations. It is perfect for your living room, bedroom or office and a great choice for vinyl lovers
- EXPANDED CONNECTION OPTIONS – Extend the sound by connecting external speakers or an amplifier via the RCA Line outputs. For personal listening, plug your headphones into the headphone jack
- Fully automatic belt drive turntable operation with 2 speeds: 33 1/3, 45 RPM
- Redesigned tone arm base and head shell for improved tracking and reduced resonance
- Experience the high fidelity audio of vinyl
- Anti resonance, die cast aluminum platter
- Ac adapter handles AC/DC conversion outside of the chassis, reducing noise in the signal chain
- HIGH PERFORMANCE CARTRIDGE - The Audio Technica AT95E featuring a diamond elliptical tipped stylus is designed to track your record grooves with greater precision & accuracy for high definition audio
- SOLID WOOD PLINTH - The beautiful walnut finished cabinet is crafted from solid engineered (MDF) wood, incorporates isolation feet, an aluminum platter and a rubber slip mat which results in superior isolation from unwanted vibrations
- PURE ANALOG LISTENING EXPERIENCE - Premium components allow this high fidelity belt driven turntable to recreate the performance the way the artist intended
- SUPERIOR RECORD TRACKING - Enjoy perfect playback using the balanced aluminum S-Type tonearm ensuring the stylus is rested deep in your record's groove, producing every audio detail indistinguishable from the original recording
- CAPTIVATING SIGNAL CLARITY - Incorporating a high quality built-in Texas Instruments preamp, ground terminal and gold plated RCA line outputs that ensures warm, true sound
- Convert your vinyl records to digital audio files by downloading and using the free Mac- and PC-compatible Audacity recording software (or software of your choice)
- Direct-drive, DC servo motor with selectable 33/45/78 RPM speeds. Damped base construction for reduced low-frequency feedback coloration
- Fully manual operation featuring adjustable dynamic anti-skate control, variable pitch control with quartz speed lock, and balanced S-shaped tonearm with hydraulically damped lift control and lockable rest
- Experience the high-fidelity audio of vinyl
- Includes: USB cable, detachable RCA output cable (dual RCA male to dual RCA male), AC adapter, 45 RPM adapter, counterweight, felt mat, and removable hinged dust cover
- HIGH QUALITY AUDIO: Built in switchable phono output / line out phono preamp and 3 gain settings
- WIRELESS CONNECTION: Connect to wireless speakers, headphones or other Bluetooth enabled devices. Supports phono and line output thanks to built-in Phono EQ
- IN THE BOX: Turntable, removable dust cover, vibration dampening slip mat, 45 adaptor, USB B cable
- TWO SPEEDS: 33 1/3 rpm and 45 rpm, with the 45 rpm adaptor stowed neatly in a slot beneath the deck
- STRAIGHT TONEARM: A newly designed aluminum pipe tonearm gives the record players improved tracking
- USB RIPPING: Rip vinyl records to digital MP3 files on your computer to take a favorite LP on the go
- EASY OPERATION: Effortlessly enjoy your favorite records with one-step auto start, stop and return
- WIRED CONNECTION: PSLX310BT turntables include RCA cables for plugging directly into a stereo system
- STABLE PLATTER: An aluminum die-cast platter reduces vibration for increased clarity and hi-fi sound
- Included Components: Turntable, Dual Rca (Male) To Dual Rca (Male) Stereo Cable, 45 Rpm Adapter, Rubber Mat, And Removable Hinged Dust Cover
- SPECTACULAR SIGNAL CLARITY - Caress your records with the balanced S-shaped tonearm for accurate tracking of the record groove and no electronics in the signal path for a cleaner, exceptionally detailed sound (Note: phono preamp not included)
- SOLID WOOD PLINTH - Revel in the gorgeous solid wood cabinet with a highly precise metal platter and adjustable resonance damping feet, ensuring superior isolation from unwanted micro-vibrations
- PURE ANALOG PERFORMANCE - The definitive vinyl record listening experience for beautifully warm and natural music, transporting you into the center of the performance
- SPEED CONTROL FOR PRECISION PLAYBACK - The isolated motor prevents unwanted vibrations and noise while the speed control mechanism ensures consistent platter velocity (0.07% Wow/Flutter)
- EXCEPTIONAL MUSICAL ACCURACY - Immerse yourself in the open, dynamic and warm sound of the Ortofon 2M Red elliptical cartridge delivering improved linearity, higher channel separation and reduced distortion
- Take your analog listening experience to the next level with advanced features not typically found on automatic turntables
- Balanced straight tone arm comes with a 1/2" mount universal headshell and AT91R Dual Moving Magnet phono cartridge, giving you excellent high-fidelity performance
- Hydraulically damped lift control allows the stylus to be precisely and safely lowered and raised at any point on a record
- Constructed of anti-vibration damping materials that limits low-frequency feedback
- Plays both 33-1/3 and 45 RPM records, and has a built-in switchable phono preamp with dual RCA output to connect to a home stereo, powered speakers and other components with or without dedicated turntable input
- Resonance is further reduced by the turntable’s die-cast aluminum platter and accompanying 4 mm rubber damping mat
- Offers fully automatic operation; simply press the Start button to begin play and the Stop button to lift and return the tone arm and shut off the turntable
- Solid iron platter, precision-manufactured iron platter produces uniform inertial mass for perfect stability and rotation, Brings high-fidelity playback to the next level, Please watch the 3-minute Quick Installation video for easy installation
- Wireless streaming, play music from all your favorite devices like iPhones, Android smartphones, tablets, PCs and usb-mp3 players through the turntable’s speakers with Bluetooth function
- Adjustable counterweight force, essential for any serious classic Turntable, Tonearm counterweight coupled with the advanced anti-skating system produces smooth stylus movement and tunes out skipping and distortion
- Great connectivity, Built-in switchable phono line and pre-amplifier allow connection to the set of included speakers or to your own externally-powered speakers via the dual RCA output cables
- Vinyl Recording Via PC, Connect this turntable to your computer via usb and encode vinyl audio into MP3s for digitalized storage and playback on your computer, smartphone or tablet
- Enjoy High-Fidelity Sound: All of our budget and the engineering efforts for this vinyl record player went toward sound quality. Imagine your friends will be wowed by this record player's stylish build and warm, distortion-free speakers. At that very moment, you will believe it is a record player worth having.
- Integrate with your house: The natural wood appearance design suits perfectly with your bookshelf or furniture, this set of vinyl record player with 2 bookshelf speakers are also an awesome decor to have as well. They won’t take up much space in the room and won't clash with the other home decor.
- More features: Quieter belt-driven, built-in Bluetooth 4.2 input for playing your music from other mobile devices(digital music), built-In phono preamp and RCA line output, stable iron platter for educing vibration, adjustable counterweight force to avoid skipping and distortion, 2 speeds(33 1/3 & 45RPM), easy to install and use.
- Packaging & Services: Two layers of separate packaging color boxes with detailed user manuals and a high-end vintage look, it will be a perfect gift for birthday and Christmas, especially for a music lover; email service within 24 hours on working days, if you are not satisfied, we provide solutions!
- High-Quality Turntable Experience: Mention the performance of this vintage vinyl record player, you could expect its sense of realism, high-end AT brand phono cartridge, well-made woods, instrumental authenticity, and detail which more affordable models just can’t match for.
What to Look For in a best turntable under 400?
A range of elements, including those listed below, influence the best turntable under 400. The study process varies depending on the material. We'll be able to assist you and provide solutions since we're here to help you.
Please keep in mind the following points before selecting best turntable under 400:
The extra electric signals along the tonearm and the mechanical movement are what audio purists believe affect the sound. Full-auto, however, is the best option if you don't want to have to stand up for half an hour every time.
Adjusting the track force can be delicate, but this is worth it to improve sound quality. You also have a lower chance of damaging your records by too much downward force.
Adjusting the counterweight at the back of your tonearm can change the tracking force. First, balance the tonearm horizontally. Next, twist the counterweight to get the right downforce (as indicated in the instruction).
Styluses And Cartridges
The stylus, or "needle", is what sits inside the grooves of the record. It is crucial to choose the right shape for the stylus. An elliptical stylus will pick up more information than one that has a conical surface because it touches more records. Audiophiles also believe that conical styluses work better with old records because they take up more space after the groove has been expanded through repeated plays.
The stylus is held in the cartridge, which converts its movements into electric signals. The most popular cartridge types are moving magnet (MM), and moving coil (MC). Most turntables will use MM cartridges because they areer and more convenient to change needles. However, MC cartridges can be lighter and pick up more groove changes than MM cartridges. They are also more costly.
Some turntables come with switchable preamps that can be switched on and off depending on the plugging device.
Models with direct drive motors are mounted beneath the platter. In a belt drive, the motor is attached to one end by a rubber belt. The turntable can be spun at higher speeds and is compacted by direct drives. Belt models, on the other hand, isolate any extra noise from the motor.
RELATED: Looking for a best automatic turntable under 500 that won't break your budget? Here are our top picks for the best automatic turntable under 500 in 2024.
Is It Bad To Leave A Record On The Turntable?It is. It is a habit that even certified audiophiles sometimes forget to put their records in their jackets, but it's important to always do this.
Your record will be more likely to get damaged or dirty if it is not kept out in the open. You're guilty of this habit, but at the very least you should not forget to close the dust cover.
What Makes One Turntable Sound Better Than Another?You need to take into account many factors. The quality of both the stylus and cartridge is important. Some turntables simply have more features, which allow for better accuracy and less vibration.
How Many Times Can You Listen To A Vinyl Record?The vinyl record is a great resource for work. The record can be listened to over 100 times with no loss of sound quality.
Do I Need A Preamp For My Turntable?Both yes and no. A preamp is necessary for every turntable to convert its sounds into something your record player can hear, as well as other audio devices.
Because most turntables have their preamp built in, it's not necessary. If this is the case then you don't need a separate preamp.
However, we understand that not everyone wants to improve their sound and decide to purchase a preamp separately. For more information, if you are one of these people, please see our next question.
Can You Connect A Turntable Directly To Speakers?It all depends on whether the connectors in your device can accommodate your speakers. Most of them will. It shouldn't be a problem connecting your turntable and its speakers.
What’s An Automatic Turntable?A turntable that is automatic uses a combination of automatic features and a tonearm to lift itself from its resting place and position itself above your record for playback. After the track has finished, the device will automatically lift from its resting place and go back to the original position.
This is a preferred method by some users as it reduces the amount of effort required to stop and play your turntable. However, this does not mean you can't manually lift the tonearm. It's still possible.
How To Make The Turntable Louder?If the phonostage isn't connected correctly or not properly, your turntable might play slowly. A properly sized, wired and connected phonostage is the best way to unlock your turntable's potential.
When updated data are available, our system and editor will update a list of best turntable under 400. Please periodically review our website for the newest data.
We can help you with more than just finding best turntable under 400. Please do not hesitate to contact us when you need assistance.
READ NEXT: The Modern Vinyl Record Players For 2024