The Most Popular Business Laptops - Complete Buying Guide 2023
1. Best Overall: Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Home & Business Laptop (Intel core i7)
Lenovo’s latest innovation on the E14 Gen 2, is the Intel Core i7 Processor. With a powerful integrated Intel Iris graphics, this laptop delivers high-end performance while also being highly efficient with its energy consumption and noise levels.
2. Best Bang For The Buck: 2022 Apple MacBook Air Laptop with M2 chip: 13.6-inch Liquid Retina
The all-new MacBook Air is the ultimate portable notebook with an incredibly thin and light design that is powerful and reliable. Equipped with the latest Intel Core M3 processor, a 13.3" IPS (in-plane switching) display, up to 8GB of memory, and up to 256GB of storage, this lightweight laptop is built for performance and portability.
The new Dell Latitude 3520 15.6" FHD IPS Business Laptop (Black) features a 4th Gen Intel Core i5-4200U Processor. This powerful processor has a base frequency of 2.40GHz and can go up to 4.2GHz with the turbo boost feature for a quick burst of power when you need it most, along with 8MB Cache and 8GB DDR3L RAM for multitasking efficiency and solid performance.
4. Best Lightweight: Microsoft Surface Pro 8-13" Touchscreen - Intel® Core™ i5-8GB Memory
With the power of a laptop and the flexibility of a tablet, Microsoft Surface Pro is the ultimate 2-in-1. The detachable keyboard is backlit and comes in four fun colors; the iconic built-in kickstand lets you set up your screen for viewing or typing at any angle; and touch screen technology gives you an experience that’s natural and intuitive.
If you’re looking for the best laptops to run a business, you’ve come to the right place! Running a business can be demanding. You need to keep track of multiple projects and details from every employee in your company. Businesses also require a lot of technical knowledge, and that’s where a laptop comes into play.
Running a business often means working long hours and getting things done anywhere. Regarding laptops for running businesses, we recommend PCs with Intel processors, at the very least. These are more powerful than their counterparts and allow you to run multiple programs simultaneously without hiccups. Check out our list of the most popular business laptops below for great ideas on what to look for in one!
Our team had to focus on researching and sifting through 18 hours to get such results for readers. These studies are based on customer star reviews and interviews about their feelings when using the product. When it comes to finding the most popular business laptops, we believe the Lenovo ThinkPad E14 Gen 2 Home & Business Laptop (Intel core i7) is a worthwhile product to buy. If you're looking for additional options and more in-depth advice, you may check out the following.
RELATED: We've compiled 5,725+ customer reviews to find the 16 inch touch screen laptop in 2023 for you. See our top picks and buying guide here.
Our Top Picks
- Includes Dockztorm USB Hub(Special Edition Portable Docztorm Data Hub;Super Speedy Data Syn Rate upto 5Gbps)
- 【Enormous Storage】 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD; USB 3.2 Gen1, 1 USB 2.0, 1 HDMI, Thunderbolt 4 (Type-C), No Optical Drive, Headphone/Microphone Combo Jack., Windows 10 Pro-64., 1 Year Manufacturer warranty from GreatPriceTech (Professionally upgraded by GreatPriceTech)
- 【High Speed and Multitasking】 16GB DDR4 SODIMM; 65W Power Supply, 3-Cell 45 WHr Battery; Black Color, .
- 【Powerful Performance with Intel Core i7-1165G7 Quad Core】 11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 2.80GHz Processor (upto 4.7 GHz, 12MB Cache, 4-Cores) ; Intel Iris Xe Integrated Graphics, .
- 【Upgraded】 Seal is opened for Hardware/Software upgrade only to enhance performance. 14.0" Full HD (1920x1080) 60Hz non Touch IPS Display; Wi-Fi 6 AX201 Wifi, Bluetooth 5.1, Ethernet LAN (RJ-45), 720p HD Webcam, Fingerprint Security System, Keyboard, .
Best Bang For The Buck
2022 Apple MacBook Air Laptop with M2 chip: 13.6-inch Liquid Retina
- BUILT TO LAST — The all-aluminium unibody enclosure is exceptionally durable. And free software updates keep things running smooth and secure for years to come.
- COMES WITH APPLECARE WARRANTY – Every Mac comes with a one-year limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary technical support. Get AppleCare+ to extend your coverage.
- STRIKINGLY THIN DESIGN — The redesigned MacBook Air is more portable than ever and weighs just 2.7 pounds. It’s the incredibly capable laptop that lets you work, play or create just about anything — anywhere.
- SIMPLY COMPATIBLE — All your go-to apps run lightning-fast — including Microsoft 365, Zoom, and many of your favorite iPhone and iPad apps.
- EASY TO USE — Your Mac feels familiar from the moment you turn it on, and works seamlessly with all your Apple devices.
- ADVANCED CAMERA AND AUDIO — Look sharp and sound great with a 1080p FaceTime HD camera, three-mic array and four-speaker sound system with Spatial Audio.
- UP TO 18 HOURS OF BATTERY LIFE — Go all day and into the night, thanks to the power-efficient performance of the Apple M2 chip.
- BIG, BEAUTIFUL DISPLAY — The 13.6-inch Liquid Retina display features over 500 nits of brightness, P3 wide color and support for 1 billion colors for vibrant images and incredible detail.
- VERSATILE CONNECTIVITY — MacBook Air features a MagSafe charging port, two Thunderbolt ports and a headphone jack.
- SUPERCHARGED BY M2 — Get more done faster with a next-generation 8-core CPU, up to 10-core GPU and up to 24GB of unified memory.
- 【High Speed and Multitasking】 32GB DDR4 SODIMM; 65W Power Supply, 4-Cell 54 WHr Battery; Black Color.
- Windows 10 Pro-64, 1 Year Manufacturer warranty from MichaelElectronics2 (Professionally upgraded by MichaelElectronics2)
- 【Powerful Performance with Intel Core i5-1135G7 Quad Core】 Intel Core i5-1135G7 2.40GHz Processor (up to 4.2 GHz, 8MB Cache, 4-Cores) ; Intel Integrated Graphics.
- 【Upgraded】 Seal is opened for Hardware/Software upgrade only to enhance performance. 15.6" Full HD (1920x1080) 60Hz IPS Display; 802.11ax Wifi, Bluetooth 5.1, Ethernet LAN (RJ-45), Integrated Webcam, Full Size (10 Key) Keyboard.
- 【Enormous Storage】 1TBPCIe NVMe SSD; 2 USB 3.2 Gen1, 1 USB 2.0, 1 HDMI, USB 3.2 Type-C, SD Reader, No Optical Drive, Headphone/Microphone Combo Jack.
Microsoft Surface Pro 8-13" Touchscreen - Intel® Core™ i5-8GB Memory
- The power of a laptop with the flexibility of a tablet, and every angle in between, with 13” touchscreen, iconic built-in Kickstand, and detachable Keyboard.
- Type in comfort. Sleek and compact, Surface Signature Keyboard performs like a traditional laptop keyboard complete with a full function row and backlit keys.
- Windows 11 brings your closer to what you love. Family, friends, obsessions, music, creations — Windows 11 is the one place for it all. With a fresh new feel and tools that make it easier to be efficient, it has what you need for whatever’s next.
- You’re going to need Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Don’t forget to add Microsoft 365
- The best pen experience on Pro with rechargeable Surface Slim Pen 2 and Surface Pro 8, for the natural feeling of pen on paper,(4) securely stored in Surface Pro Signature Keyboard.
- The first Surface Pro built on the Intel Evo platform. Do it all with the Intel Evo platform — performance, graphics, and battery life in a thin and light PC.
- i7 i7-1180G7 Quad-Core Processor 2.2GHz (4.6GHz With Turbo Boost)
- Dell Latitude 7320 Detachable 2-in-1 13" Touch Screen Black
- Wireless Wifi & Bluetooth. Windows 10 Professional
- 256GB SSD Hard Drive & 16GB RAM Memory
- 1920x1280 FHD+ resolution Touch with an integrated Webcam and an integrated graphics chip
- Dimensions: (H x W x D) 19.1mm x 365.8mm x 248mm / 0.75" x 14.4" x 9.76" Weight: Starting at 1.76kg / 3.87lbs
- Display: 15.6" FHD (1920 x 1080) IPS, anti-glare, 300 nits; Graphics: NVIDIA Quadro T500 4GB
- Processor: Intel Core i7-1165G7 (4C / 8T, 2.8 / 4.7GHz, 12MB)
- [Upgrade] will open to upgrade to 1TB PCIe-NVMe Solid State Drive. The hard drive upgrade won't affect Lenovo manufacture warranty.
- Memory: 16GB DDR4 3200; Storage: 1TB PCIe OPAL2
- MEMORY AND STORAGE – Boost your performance with higher bandwidth, courtesy of 8 GB of RAM. Plus, with 256 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD storage, save all of your photos, videos, and documents while getting up to 15x faster performance than a traditional hard drive (4) (5)
- FULL HD DISPLAY – Enjoy your favorite content in 1080p for crystal-clear visuals and vibrant image quality (1). Beyond pixel count, your display lets you see more from anywhere thanks to the micro-edge bezel and anti-glare screen
- CUSTOM-TUNED SPEAKERS – Enjoy exceptional stereo quality with your laptop computer’s custom-tuned, dual speaker setup
- ENVIRONMENTAL RESPONSIBILITY – Stay energy-efficient and reduce your carbon footprint with a laptop that is ENERGY STAR certified and EPEAT Silver registered (13) (14)
- EFFORTLESSLY CONNECTED – Get a smoother wireless experience with up to 3x faster file transfer speeds than Wi-Fi 5, thanks to the Wi-Fi 6 (2x2) and Bluetooth 5.0 combo (9) (10) (11)
- POWER THROUGH FROM ANYWHERE – Designed to keep you productive and entertained from anywhere, the HP 14-inch Laptop combines long-lasting battery life with a thin and portable design
- WINDOWS 10 AND WARRANTY – Work confidently with both the familiar feel of the Windows 10 Home operating system and the guaranteed coverage of an HP 1-year limited hardware warranty (8)
- INFINITE POSSIBILITIES – Whether you are creating, working, or being entertained, do it all with the supreme performance of the AMD Ryzen 5 5500U Mobile Processor and AMD Radeon Graphics (2) (3)
- WORK/LEARN REMOTELY – Keep in contact with your colleagues and administrators with the HP True Vision 720p HD camera featuring integrated dual-array digital microphones (12)
- STAY CONNECTED – Have convenient power all day with up to 9 hours and 45 minutes of battery life (6); your HP laptop also recharges quickly as HP Fast Charge Technology takes your device from 0 to 50% charge in approximately 45 minutes (7)
- The Full HD display has a durable 360 degree hinge that can be used to flip the touchscreen display to tent, stand, and tablet mode
- 14 inch Touchscreen Full HD 1920x1080 4-way NanoEdge display featuring ultra-narrow bezels (5mm thin) around each side of the display that allows for a 14-inch screen to fit in the body of a 13-inch laptop footprint
- 8GB LPDDR3 RAM; 64GB eMMC storage and 2x USB Type-C (Gen 1) and 1x Type-A (Gen 1) ports plus a backlit chiclet keyboard (*USB Transfer speed may vary. Learn more at ASUS website)
- Powered by the Intel Core m3-8100Y Processor (up to 3.4 GHz) for super-fast and snappy performance. If you use a ton of tabs or run lots of apps, this has the power to get it all done with ease
- Chromebook runs on Chrome OS - an operating system by Google that is built for the way we live today. It comes with built-in virus protection, updates automatically*, boots up in seconds and continues to stay fast over time
- Aspect Ratio:16:9
- SEE EVERY DETAIL: Designed with a 16-inch, 3k, anti-glare non-touch display this laptop provides amazing detail whether you are conducting business for work, creating content, or studying for an exam
- SUPERIOR AUDIO: This business and student laptop is built with Waves Maxx Audio Pro technology which provides clear audio whether you're on that business call or just chatting with friends and family
- FAST TRACK YOUR CREATIVITY: Built with NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050, the graphics provide exceptional performance and reliability to enhance any creative pursuit
- ONE PORT FOR EVERYTHING: The Thunderbolt 4 is a single port that allows you to charge your student laptop, connect multiple devices, and transfer data of 40Gbps
- HARD DRIVE: The 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD is able to access data faster and quiter than traditional hard drives, improving the computer's performance
- Reduce the clutter - The Flex 5 14 touchscreen laptop has a narrow bezel on 4 sides for more viewing area and less clutter on the IPS FHD (1920 x 1080) display
- A physical shutter on the webcam improves your privacy, allowing you to keep out unwanted attention
- Powered by an AMD Ryzen 5 5500U mobile processor with Radeon graphics, this portable notebook computer has 16GB DDR4 RAM and 256GB NVMe SSD Storage
- Designed to keep your ideas flowing, anywhere, anytime with the ability to multi-mode, this Windows laptop has a 360⁰ hinge so you can use it in laptop mode for everyday computing, tent mode for sharing, stand mode for binge-watching your favorite streaming shows, or tablet mode for easy interaction
- Using Alexa on your PC is as easy as asking a question - just ask and Alexa can check your calendar, create lists, play music, answer questions, read the news and more
- Stay connected with integrated 2x2 WiFi 6 (802.11AX), Bluetooth 5, 2 USB-A ports, 1 USB-C with PD to support power charging, HDMI, a 4-in-1 card reader, and an audio jack
What to Look For in a most popular business laptops?
You may have some trouble making a purchase if you don't research it thoroughly. You are expected to invest time and focus on most popular business laptops before investing in them. Usually, it will take you a long time to research a favorite product. But rest assured, we are here to assist you with your most popular business laptops issue, no matter what time of day or night.
Although choosing a product is complicated, it will be more accessible and more available to everyone with today's information technology network. You are now given available sources of information such as famous websites, sale forums, or even customer's feedback. It can be said that information from these sources about most popular business laptops will be beneficial to you.
So now you are expected to focus on needed criteria about most popular business laptops. All of them will come with your investment.
At least one USB-C and at most one USB-A are required, as well as a microphone/headset connector. You should also consider USB-C charging and an SD reader.
For the most part, 8 gigabytes should suffice for Windows users. However upgrading to 16GB will increase your computer's performance and be a requirement for gamers. Before you purchase RAM, make sure it is properly soldered to your motherboard. It is impossible to replace the RAM if it has been soldered.
If you have the funds, consider an SSD drive. It should be at least 256 gigabytes. SSDs perform faster than older standards like SATA, particularly if you use NVMe. This allows data to be transferred from the drive quickly.
Understanding Processor Names (CPUs)
Two companies make laptop processors, Intel and AMD.
RELATED: We've Retrieved 4,034+ Real Reviews In 2023 on Top-Rated acer 4k laptop To Help You Decide What To Buy. See Our Top Picks of 2023.
Which Laptops Last The Longest?
A good laptop should last between three and five years depending on the type of notebook you purchase. An ultrabook or business notebook, as well as a MacBook, will last longer and feel better than an inexpensive laptop under $500 with only a plastic body and basic processing. A laptop you use primarily around your home will last longer than one you take with you on trips. It is easier to add more storage and memory to business laptops and photo editing laptops to prolong their life expectancy. Gaming laptops will be more worn than any other types of laptops, as new 3D gaming apps are becoming increasingly demanding.
Which Is Better, MacOS Or Windows?
Personal preference and financial budget will determine which laptop is best for you.
There are many software options between them, so you shouldn't have to choose one. A Windows laptop has the advantage of gaming.
MacOS can also be used more easily and safely than Windows. This is especially true for those who need their computer to do the work.
How Much RAM Do I Need?
For most users, we recommend at least 8GB. This should suffice for most web browsing tasks, spreadsheet editing, occasional photo and video editing, as well as basic web browsing. If you use Adobe Photoshop and Premiere regularly, play 3D drafting or work in app or web development, you might consider upgrading to 16GB. You can not add more memory to laptops after they are purchased. This usually costs $100 to $200.
What's The Best Laptop For Home, Travel, Or Both?
Many people's work habits were affected by the pandemic. People who used laptops to travel frequently may find that these ultra-portable devices are no longer suitable for home work. You might prefer a larger display and more power to play games than a long-lasting battery.
Consider a 15.6 inch laptop or bigger if you plan to use your laptop for work and do not need to move it around much.
Travel with a 13- or 14 inch laptop or two in one is the best option. These laptops are the most lightweight and compact, but they still provide excellent battery life.
Which Laptop Is Best For Gaming Or Creating?
Any laptop can be used to create and play games. However, the component of the laptop will determine the content and speed with which it is played and created.
You don't require a gaming laptop to play casual web-based games.
You will need more money to buy discrete graphics such as Nvidia's RTX 30 series GPUs.
Gaming screens should have a 120Hz refresh rate or higher to make games run smoothly. Displays that can display 100% of the sRGB colour space are ideal for content creation.
Are Chromebooks Worth It?
They are indeed, but not suitable for all users. Google Chrome OS, which Google launched 10 years ago, has made a lot of progress. Chromebooks are laptops running on Chrome OS that can be used for web browsing or mobile applications. These laptops are simple to use, secure and affordable. They can only run Windows and Mac software natively.
Do I Need A GPU (Graphics Processing Unit)?
To create images on your computer's screen, graphics cards are used in conjunction with the CPU. Many desktops have integrated graphics units (IGU) These units are very simple and will handle basic tasks. They are not sufficient to handle games and other complex computing. Many gamers opt for IGUs with dedicated gaming hardware. It improves performance as well as portability.