The Best Horizontal Monitor For 2023
1. Best Overall: Acer 21.5 Inch Full HD IPS Ultra-Thin Zero Frame Computer Monitor
Make every day more productive by adding a 21.5-inch full HD IPS monitor to your desk. It's ultra-thin and has a 4ms response time, so you'll appreciate the clarity of your monitor's images. The zero-frame design is perfect for multi-monitor setups and the tilt angle lets you adjust the monitor to best suit your needs in just seconds.
2. Best Bang For The Buck: Sceptre 20" 1600x900 75Hz Ultra Thin LED Monitor
Sceptre 20" 1600x900 75Hz Ultra Thin LED Monitor has a widescreen 16:9 aspect ratio and a native resolution of 1600 x 900. It is Vesa wall mount ready and has a contrast ratio of 3,000:1 for stunningly clear images. The monitor's built-in speakers provide superior sound quality without the need for any external equipment.
3. Best Portable: HP 24mh FHD Monitor - Computer Monitor with 23.8-Inch IPS Display
With impressive 178° horizontal and vertical viewing angles, the HP 24mh FHD Monitor is capable of displaying rich contrast even when viewed from a variety of viewing positions. This monitor offers true black levels for brilliant blacks and deep, rich colors. It also has a 100mm range of travel so you can easily adjust your display to the most comfortable position.
4. Best Smart: AOC I1601FWUX 15.6" USB-C powered portable Monitor
If you're looking for a high-quality monitor that's easy to use, AOC I1601FWUX is a perfect choice. It features a USB-C port that lets you charge your laptop and display your content simultaneously or add an extension cable to extend the USB-C connection. This convenient feature eliminates the need for a separate power supply or data cable.
5. Best Smart Control: SAMSUNG 34-Inch Odyssey G5 Ultra-Wide Gaming Monitor
With a 34-inch ultra-wide curved panel that offers an immersive 1000R curvature for true immersion, the Samsung Odyssey G5 UltraWide Gaming Monitor is perfectly suited for gaming and business. The Samsung 34-inch Ultra-Wide Curved Gaming Monitor features an incredible 1,000R curvature and a fast refresh rate of 144Hz with HDR support to give you the smoothest, most captivating visuals possible.
There are so many types of monitors out there that it can be hard to choose the right one for your needs. Some people only use their computers for word processing, while others do everything from playing games to editing videos. When you’re looking for the perfect monitor for your needs, you want one that works well with as many different tasks as possible.
The best horizontal monitor is the one that doesn’t force you into a single workspace or restrict which activities you can do on it. This overview of some of the best options available should give you a good idea of what to look for when shopping for your new monitor.
Our team had to focus on researching and sifting through 17 hours to get such results for readers. These studies are based on customer star reviews and interviews about their feelings when using the product. As a result, We believe the best horizontal monitor is the Acer 21.5 Inch Full HD IPS Ultra-Thin Zero Frame Computer Monitor. If you're looking for additional options and more in-depth advice, you may check out the following buying guide & FAQs.
Our Top Picks
Good brightness Large screen display Easy to use User-friendly interface
The viewing angles are not so clear
Zero-frame design; Ultra-thin; 4ms response time; IPS panel
Tilt angle -5 degree to 15 degree. Horizontal viewing angle-178 degree. Vertical viewing angle-178 degree
And Radeon free sync technology. No compatibility for VESA Mount
Aspect ratio - 16:9. Color supported - 16.7 million colors. Brightness - 250 nit
21.5 inches Full HD (1920 x 1080) widescreen IPS display
Ports: 1 x HDMI & 1 x VGA
Refresh rate: 75 hertz - Using HDMI port
Easy to mount Quick response time Clear sound quality Good audio quality
It is pretty small
- Vesa wall mount ready. Contrast Ratio : 3,000:1.
- Built in speakers
- 20" Led HD+ monitor high resolution 1600 x 900
- Mounting Type: VESA wall mount hole pattern 75mm x 75mm
- 2 x HDMI ports ( convertible to DVI )
- Fast response time 5ms. Dimensions - With Stand (Inches)- 18.01 x 7.02 x13.57 .Without Stand (inches)- 18.01 x 1.32 x 10.43
Easy to move Easy to adjust the height It reduces blue light Easy to connect
It doesn't have bevels
PANORAMIC VIEWING – Vibrant detail from practically any position with consistent color and image clarity maintained across an ultra-wide 178° horizontal and vertical viewing angles
HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT – Easily adjust your display to the most comfortable position with 100mm range of travel
MICRO-EDGE DISPLAY – With virtually no bezel encircling the display on three sides, an ultra-wide viewing experience provides for seamless multi-monitor setups
LOW BLUE LIGHT – Put less strain on your eyes as a Low Blue Light mode shifts colors to a warmer spectrum and makes whites more natural
EASY CONNECTIVITY – Get the picture quality you’ve been looking for without the additional dongles; easily connect to your PC, gaming console, and peripherals for big-screen entertainment with a broad range of ports, including HDMI, DisplayPort, and VGA ports
BUILT-IN SPEAKERS – Experience incredible sound and more immersive entertainment with two built-in 2W speakers
OUTSTANDING VISUALS – This FHD display with IPS technology gives you brilliant visuals and unforgettable quality; with a maximum resolution of 1920 x 1080 at 75 Hz, you’ll experience the image accuracy and wide-viewing spectrums of premium tablets and mobile devices
MORE SCREEN, LESS SPACE – Enjoy more desk space than you thought possible with an attractive and ultra-slim design
TILTABLE SCREEN – Adjust the screen to your personal preference with a 5° forward or 23° backward tilt
WARRANTY AND SUSTAINABILITY – Rest easy and work confidently with an environmentally conscious and energy-efficient monitor, backed by HP standard 1-year limited warranty
Slim and compact design It saves power effectively when working It cools quickly It runs quietly and smoothly
It doesn't have HDMI input
- Auto-Pivot detects orientation of the monitor and pivots the display when orientation is changed (DisplayLink driver installation required)
- Extremely slim (only 0.35 inches) and lightweight (under 1.8 pounds) making it easy to carry, incredibly portable. Power Consumption On - 8 watt. Power Consumption Standy - 0.5 watt
- Aspect Ratio is 16:9; Viewing Angle is 160/160
- Comes with smart cover that protects the display when not in use, and turns into a flexible screen holder in portrait or landscape orientation
- **USB-C DP Alt Mode on host device is REQUIRED, there is NO HDMI input on this monitor** Please check with your device manufacturer if it supports DisplayPort Alternative Mode. Please install DisplayLink software to use.
- Simplify your connectivity with one single USB-C cable that powers and delivers video signal to the monitor (Note: This product does not operate with USB 2. 0 and 3. 0 adapters. USB-C Alt Mode required on your device)
- Low-blue light mode that protects your eyes from potentially harmful blue spectrum of lights from the display
- AOC 16-inch class (15.6” viewable) USB-C portable monitor with IPS screen and full HD 1080P (1920x1080) resolution
Best Smart Control
SAMSUNG 34-Inch Odyssey G5 Ultra-Wide Gaming Monitor
High resolution It protects your eyes Easy to adjust the brightness Vibrant color
It is hard to set the viewing angle or position
OPTIMAL CURVE, TRUE IMMERSION: The all-encompassing 1000R display fills every part of your peripheral vision and draws you right into the character's shoes; Experience a level of gaming more heart-pounding than anything before
WQHD RESOLUTION: The ultrawide WQHD monitor displays more onscreen content with a seamless dual monitor experience with a 1000R curvature to create a human field of view that gives eye comfort while gaming for long periods of time
AMD FREESYNC PREMIUM: Effortlessly smooth gameplay; AMD FreeSync Premium features adaptive sync technology which reduces screen tearing, stutter, and input latency; Low framerate compensation ensures every scene flows seamlessly
TRUE TO LIFE COLORS: This IPS monitor has HDR10 that creates excellent color accuracy that shows contents exactly as the creator intended; This brings game scenes to life and shows small hidden details in the lightest and darkest scenes
SMOOTH TRANSITIONS: This gaming monitor has a 165hz refresh rate and 1ms response time prevents motion blur and creates a smooth gaming experience that can give users the winning edge
It allows you to play games smoothly Smart connectivity with HDMI Fast refresh rate Good sound quality
It doesn't have IPS
- 24 inch Full HD (1920x1080) display with an overclockable 165Hz (supports 144Hz) rapid refresh rate and 0.5ms (GTG) response time
- ASUS Eye Care technology with flicker-free and blue light filter to minimize eye fatigue
- Ergonomically-designed stand with tilt swivel pivot height adjustment plus wall-mount capability for ultimate viewing comfort
- NVIDIA G-SYNC technology removes stutter and screen tearing for the smoothest gaming experience
- Exclusive GameVisual & Gameplus functions to enhance color performance and control
- Flexible connectivity with HDMI (v1 4) DisplayPort 1.2 and Dual-link DVI-D ports
It filters the blue light Various connections Solid frame It works stably
The HDMI cable is not so good
- 【Slim Design】The width of the front and rear of the display is only 46.07mm, and it is compatible with VESA brackets, leaving enough space for your desktop. The three-sided narrow border design allows you to connect multiple screens to enjoy a barrier-free transition between different screens.
- 【Humanized Design】The cable take-up design on the back brings you a more tidy desktop. The display has a convenient detachable base, you can switch the placement position at will. More reasonable size: screen length 494.66mm, width 293.51mm.
- 【Upgraded Eye Protection】The KOORUI desktop display greatly reduces screen flickering, keeps the screen clear and smooth, reduces the burden on the eyes, and relieves eye strain to the greatest extent; at the same time, the blue light filter function is added to achieve high-energy Filtering of short-wave blue light. Even if you work and play for a long time, your eyes will not be tired, providing you with the most comfortable entertainment.
- 【Important Features】21.5-inch monitor, resolution: 1920*1080P, 75HZ, color gamut 99% sRGB (NTSC 72%), response time 6ms, dynamic contrast ratio 20 million, horizontal and vertical viewing angle 178 degrees, with 1.5m HDMI cable.
- 【Diversified Connections】21.5-inch computer monitor, providing a variety of interfaces, allowing you to connect to PC, laptop, XOBX, PS and other devices through HDMI and VGA interfaces, allowing you to switch between work and entertainment perfectly.
- WORK ENVIRONMENT: The 3-sided borderless slim monitor stretches from edge to edge for maximum visibility but maintains a sleek and modern look that creates more desk space. Connection of multiple monitors is a seamless experience with this HDMI monitor with multiple USB ports.
- VERSATILE CONNECTIVITY: Connect multiple devices at once through not only the HDMI monitor and DP port, but you can also use multi-peripherals without connecting directly to a laptop thanks to the USB ports.
- SLIM DESIGN: Adjust the height, tilt and swivel to a position that suits your eye level with this 24 inch vertical monitor and ergonomic design. The slim metal base adds to the clean sophistication, while VESA compatibility makes installation on a wall or mounting arm easy.
- QHD RESOLUTION: 1.7x more pixel density than FHD monitors and the IPS monitor preserves color vividness and clarity of multimedia contents across a wide display with tones and shades that look accurate from virtually any angle with no color washing.
- TUV CERTIFIED INTELLIGENT EYE CARE: Eye Saver Mode lowers blue light levels, for reduced eye strain during long work hours making this 4K monitor easy on eyes. Flicker-free technology adds further viewing comfort by eliminating flickering at all levels of brightness.
- Aspect Ratio is 16:9; Viewing Angle is 178° vertical / 178° horizontal; Brightness (Typ.) is 300cd/㎡ and Brightness (Min) is 250cd/㎡
- SMOOTH ENTERTAINMENT: Ideal game settings give you the edge on competition with a 75hz refresh rate and AMD FreeSync that creates smoother actions than the conventional 60hz display.
VESA Wall Mount Ready
Up to 75Hz refresh rate
Build in Speakers
HDMI VGA Port
- 【Double Type-C Port】AYY portbale monitor is equipped with 2 Full Featured Type-C ports. Only One USB Type-C Cable is required to connect for power supply & display signal transmission. NOTE: Your device should support thunderbolt 3.0 or USB 3.1 Type C DP ALT-MODE. Note：When you adjust the brightness, please plug in the external power supply Only in this way the brightness can be fixed.
- 【Wide Connection and Portrait Mode】AYY Portable Travel monitor is compatible for laptops, PCs, Phones, PS4, XBOX, Nintendo Switch, Raspberry Pi with USB Type C and mini HDMI port. No driver needed! It strengthened the ports' stability and solved the multi-wire winding problem, This Portable monitors supports Duplicate/Extend/Second screen mode, and Portrait Mode redefine the usage of monitor for both business and entertainment.
- 【Full HD 1080P portable external monitor】AYY 16.1 inch ultra slim portable monitor features 1920 x 1080 resolution at 60Hz.IPS panel with 178° viewing angles, 1000:1 contrast ratio, 16: 9 aspect ratio,300cd/㎡ brightness, presents vibrant colors on the screen, 100% SRGB color rendering ability, It is perfect solution for travel, on-the-go meetings, or business trips.
- 【Ultra Slim & Stable Kickstand】Measuring only 0.24 inch/6mm thickness, built with kickstand makes this monitor ultra portable and ease of use.Also works for landscape and portrait mode.They are truly portable computer monitors for travelers, students, gamers, engineers, and everyone.
- 【What You Will Get】1* 16.1”Portable Monitors, Cables x3 (Mini HDMI to HDMI Cable, Type-C to Type-C Cable, USB to Type-C Cable), 1* Power Adapter , 1*User Manual .
What to Look For in a best horizontal monitor?
Buyers are frequently hesitant to purchase best horizontal monitor. Certain factors should be considered while making a significant purchase. Our understanding and expertise with best horizontal monitor will assist you in making the right decisions.
Please take the following points into consideration before selecting best horizontal monitor:
Do I Need Two Screens? Or One Ultrawide Screen?
This really depends on your needs. For instance, if you want a really fast gaming monitor for playing and a high-resolution display for work, it's a lot cheaper to get two than a single one that does both. Or if you need a color-accurate monitor for design but want a high-brightness one for gaming, it's also a lot cheaper to get two smaller ones. But if you just need a ton of screen space, a single ultrawide might be simpler.
Which Is Better: LCD Or LED?
Both LCD and LED monitors are the same. The longer answer is that this is a failure of company marketing in properly conveying what its products are. Today most monitors that use LCD technology are backlit with LEDs, so typically if you’re buying a monitor it’s both an LCD and LED display. For more of an explanation on LCD and LED technologies, be sure to read our guide.
What Brand Monitor Is The Best?
No one monitor brand is perfect — that’s why this list is populated by a number of different manufacturers. That said, there are some that you can rely on more than most to produce great screens. Dell is a longstanding favorite of ours with years of fantastic displays under its belt. It also tends to cater well to the professional crowd just as much as gamers, so you know there will be something you like in its lineup.
What Kind Of Monitor Is Best For Your Eyes?
If you suffer from eye strain, look for monitors that have built-in light filter software. These filters are designed to block more blue light, which is the part of the spectrum that affects our eyes the most and is responsible for most eye strain problems. You can also download eye filter software apps for any type of monitor you get.
Is The Screen Technology IPS Or TN Relevant?
For buying a PC monitor, you don't really need to know anything about panel technology, except that the cheapest option of TN isn't great, VA is somewhat better, and that IPS and PLS are the same thing and currently the best options. They all use LCD technology: You'll frequently see backlit LCDs referred to as LED-lit. These are not related to OLED displays, which haven't really materialized for the desktop due to various technical issues. Laptops are a different story.
Are 4K Monitors Good For Gaming?
4K monitors are available and offer the pinnacle of gaming detail and immersion. They can be great for atmospheric games that demand high frame rates, but we recommend sticking with a higher refresh rate monitor if you want the best experience. Unless you have the deep pockets to splash out on a powerful graphics card or two, you’re not going to get those frame rates at 4K on your PC.
Which Size Monitor Works Best For You?
This largely depends on the resolution you're targeting and how much desk space you have. While bigger monitors tend to look better, giving you more screen space for work and larger images for games and movies, they can stretch entry-level resolutions like 1080p to the limits of their clarity. As a quick rule of thumb, 1080p looks great up to about 24 inches, while 1440p looks good up to and beyond 30 inches. We wouldn’t recommend a 4K screen any smaller than 27 inches as you aren’t going to see the real benefit of those extra pixels in what is a relatively small space by that resolution.
We constantly update the list of best horizontal monitor as new data becomes available. For the most up-to-date information, please visit our website regularly.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any queries or concerns with best horizontal monitor. If you ask, we'll do our hardest to help you in any way we can!