The Best Laser Projectors For 2023
1. Best Overall: Epson EpiqVision Mini EF12 Laser Projector
This projector provides outstanding picture quality up to 150" for TV shows, sporting events, gaming, and movies.
2. Best For The Price: Optoma GT1090HDR Laser Home Theater Projector
With this high-lumen projector, you can enjoy every content in all inside rooms as well as outdoors.
3. Best Smart Projector: SAMSUNG SP-LSP7TFAXZA The Premiere Smart Laser Projector
This is a smart project that allows you to freely access your favorite streaming apps and services.
4. Best For Brightness: Epson EF-100 Smart Streaming Laser Projector
This projector features a multi-array laser diode technology that produces a high degree of brightness.
Although most common projectors use an LED or bulb-based lamp configuration, laser projectors display a wider variety of colors and a crisper image as they have a distinct internal construction. As a result, a laser projector will provide a better image than a lamp-based projector.
We've compiled a list of our favorite picks for the best laser projectors. With a comfortable short throw distance, outstanding image quality, and built-in streaming and speakers that make it easy to use as well as install, the Epson EpiqVision Mini EF12 Laser Projector deserves our number one spot.
However, each of our other projectors has its own set of advantages too, so be sure to check out our other options to find the best device for you.
RELATED: As a result of our experts' research from 45,562 user reviews, we've listed 10 best budget hd projector of 2023. Check them here.
Our Top Picks
Long-lived laser-phosphor light source Three-chip LCD engine for equal color and white brightness and no rainbow artifacts Native 1080p resolution; supports 4K UHD input and HDR
Only moderate brightness
- Built-In Android TV (1) — Latest Android TV interface with a simple-to-use remote – including voice search with built-in Google Assistant. Watch all your favorite streaming channels including Hulu, HBO, YouTube and more. Even stream live TV with apps like YouTube TV (2).
- 8Auto Picture Skew and Focus Correction — Depending upon how you orient the projector to the wall, the projector will analyze the projected image and correct the geometry, while automatically focusing the picture for a beautiful viewing experience.
- Sound by Yamaha — Custom-designed audiophile speaker system offers a powerful and emotional performance that rivals soundbars; connect via Bluetooth to use as standalone speaker.
- Chromecast Built-In — Wirelessly cast your favorite content directly from your smart phone, tablet, or computer – including from popular Android and Apple devices (3).
- Epson MicroLaser Array Technology — Unique multi-array laser diode technology produces an exceptional level of brightness while significantly enhancing the black density.
- Stunning Picture Quality up to 150" — Delivers an immersive viewing experience for TV shows, sporting events, gaming and movies by accepting content up to 4K – for an amazing Full-HD HDR picture.
- Elegant Compact Design — Designed with simplicity in mind, the Epson EpiqVision Mini EF12 Streaming Laser Projector has a clean, compact and modern design to beautifully fit within any décor.
- True 3-Chip Projector Design — Advanced 3LCD technology displays 100% of the RGB color signal for every frame. This allows for outstanding color accuracy while maintaining excellent color brightness, without any distracting “rainbowing” or “color brightness” issues seen with other projection technologies.
- Award-Winning Service and Support — Standard 2-year limited warranty, full-unit replacement, along with free technical phone support for the life of the product.
- Advanced Scene Adaptive Color Correction — Automatic scene-based color correction produces a clear and natural picture – regardless of the content being played.
- MOVIES, GAMING & MORE: Connect to media players and gaming consoles for big screen movies and gaming; connect a 4K UHD HDMI dongle such as the Fire TV, Google Chromecast, or Apple TV to play games, stream videos and share photos
- LIGHTS-ON VIEWING: With an incredible 4, 200 lumens of brightness, project in any room in the house, including family rooms, theater or game rooms, as well as outdoor spaces such as backyards, camping, tailgating and more
- FULL 3D: The GT1090HDR displays true 3D content from almost any 3D source, including 3D Blu-ray Disc players, 3D broadcasting, and the latest-generation game consoles. Support for 120Hz rapid-refresh rate provides ultra-smooth flicker-free images; 3D glasses required, sold separately
- 4K HDR INPUT: HDR10 & HLG technologies enable brigher whites and deeper black levels for an enhanced viewing experience of images and videos
- DEPENDABLE LASER LIGHT SOURCE: DuraCore laser light source eliminates lamp and filter replacements for up to 30, 000 hours of low-cost and virtually maintenance-free operation; IPX6 dust resistance rating ensures optical engine durability
- SHORT THROW LENS: Experience a large 120" image projected from 4'-4" away, allowing placement closer to the screen – ideal for smaller spaces and easier installation
- QUIET OPERATION: The low 32dB noise level in eco-mode ensures movies can be viewed without interference from the projector's operation sounds
- HOME CINEMA PICTURE QUALITY: 1080p (1920×1080) resolution (with 4K input) and 300, 000: 1 contrast ratio renders sharp and detailed images from high definition content without downscaling or compression
- ENABLED FOR HOME AUTOMATION: Set up complete network control, a perfect solution for home environments; LAN & RS-232 enable control via Crestron
- EASY IMAGE SETUP: Auto keystone and four corner correction provide simple image adjustment for easy installation
Best Smart Projector
SAMSUNG SP-LSP7TFAXZA The Premiere Smart Laser Projector
- ULTRA SHORT THROW: You can place this compact 4K projector inches from the wall, turning any room into a home cinema
- LASER TECHNOLOGY: Enjoy cinematic picture quality from 4K UHD Ultra Bright Laser and 4K resolution with 2200 lumens
- POWERFUL SOUND: Elevate your home theater with audio from the mighty subwoofer and 30W speakers in this 2.2 channel system
- Resolution : 3840 x 2160
- MULTIPLE VOICE ASSISTANTS: Ask Alexa, Google Assistant or Bixby to open apps, change channels, control smart home devices and more
- SMART TV POWERED BY TIZEN: Access your favorite apps, streaming services and smart home devices right from your projector
- 4K UPSCALING: Whatever you watch, a powerful processor converts it to 4K picture quality
- AUTO PICTURE SKEW CORRECTION – Depending upon how you orient the Epson EF-100 to the wall, the projector will analyze the projected image and correct the vertical geometry of the picture for a beautiful viewing experience.
- INTEGRATED AUDIO SYSTEM – Internal high-quality bass-reflex speaker for an impressive audio performance. Additionally, the EF-100 includes a standard 3. 5mm stereo output connection with preset tone controls.
- ELEGANT COMPACT DESIGN – Designed with simplicity in mind, the Epson EF-100 has a clean, compact, and modern design available in white and silver, or black and copper to beautifully fit within any décor.
- EPSON MICROLASER ARRAY PROJECTION TECHNOLOGY – Unique multi-array laser diode technology to produce an exceptional level of brightness while significantly enhancing the black density. The result is an exceptionally bright and clear image – far beyond most projectors in this class (1, 3)
- STUNNING PICTURE QUALITY – Imagine an incredibly bright and colorful projected image up to 150 inches on virtually any wall or dedicated screen – even when the lights are on (2).
- EPSON CINEMA LENS – Epson Cinema Lenses utilize a proprietary 9-element lens structure – including seven glass spherical elements for exceptional image clarity and edge-to-edge focus uniformity.
- TRUE 3-CHIP PROJECTOR DESIGN – Advanced 3LCD technology displays 100% of the RGB color signal for every frame. This allows for outstanding color accuracy while maintaining excellent brightness, without any “rainbowing” or “color brightness” issues seen with other projection technologies.
- AWARD-WINNING SERVICE & SUPPORT – Standard 2-year usually next-business-day, full-unit replacement limited , along with free technical phone support for the life of the product.
- INCLUDED ANDROID TV – Built-in Android TV with a simple-to-use remote – including voice search with built-in Google Assistant. Watch all your favorite streaming channels including Netflix, HBO, YouTube, hulu, ESPN and more. Even stream live TV with apps like YouTube TV.
- OUTSTANDING BRIGHTNESS (2) – Capable of displaying high-definition content at an exceptional 2,000 lumens of brightness for both color and white content. This not only provides for an exceptional viewing experience but sets a new standard in this class of projection. (1, 3)
- LG LASER Projector 300" 4K UHD (3840 x 2160) Smart Dual Laser CineBeam, 2700 Ansi Lumens, Dynamic Tone Mapping, HLG, DCI-P3 97% with Dual Laser, webOS 5.0, AirPlay, Miracast, Bluetooth - White
- 2700 ansi lumens brightness & 2,000,000:1 contrast
- 97% dci-p3 with dual laser
- lg webos 5.0
- hdr10 & hlg
True 4K display with upscaling for lower resolutions It has excellent color and contrast Android 8.0 system with 3GB memory
Not a good choice for screen-less setups
- Ultra Short Throw: With A Ultra-Short Throw Ratio, This Projector Can Be Placed On Your Home Entertainment Stand, Just Inches Away From A Wall Or Screen, And Project An Immersive 100” Image
- Advanced Laser Light Source: Utilizing The Latest Laser Light Technology, The Ommc Home Theatre Projector Is Virtually Maintenance-Free, Allowing You To Enjoy Long Hours Of Movies Or Extensive Gaming Sessions
- Dolby Surround: Built-In Two Speakers Provide High-Fidelity Sound, Create A Superior Audio Experience
- True 4K Ultra Hd: Ommc 4K Laser Tv Delivers Incredible Color Accuracy And Stunning, Razor-Sharp Images, It’S The Ideal Projector For The High-End Home Theater
- ANDROID TV 10.0: Simplified access to 5000+ apps powered by the latest Android TV OS and easily navigable via Google Assistant voice control.
- 4K UHD WITH HDR10: Advanced laser technology helps deliver cinematic 4K UHD resolution with true-to-life color depth.
- 4 x 15W HARMAN KARDON SOUND: 4 x 15W built-in Harman Kardon speakers + Dolby Audio emit premium room-filling surround sound.
- MASSIVE 150” DISPLAY: Ultra Short Throw technology provides multiple projection sizes for your home set up. Place Aura 17.3" from any wall for a deluxe 150" theater screen.
- ULTRA-BRIGHT, LONG-LASTING LASER: Enjoy 25,000 hours of exceptional 2400 ANSI lumens that provide bright, stellar image detail even during the day.
Another Great Option
Epson Pro EX10000 3-Chip 3LCD Wireless Laser Projector
- True 3-Chip 3LCD technology — displays 100% of the RGB color signal for every frame, providing outstanding color accuracy while maintaining excellent color brightness, without any distracting “rainbowing” or “color brightness” issues seen with other projection technologies
- Astounding dynamic contrast ratio up to 100,000:1 — provides exceptionally crisp, rich detail for graphs, images and videos
- Incredible sound — built-in 16 W speaker for astounding audiovisual experience and incredible sound quality right out of the box
- Award-winning service and support — standard 1-year limited warranty, full-unit replacement, along with free technical phone support for the life of the product
- Wireless connectivity — including screen mirroring with Miracast, plus two HDMI ports, so you can easily video conference and connect streaming devices, including Fire TV, Apple TV, Roku and Chromecast (5)
- Astounding image quality — amazing Full HD 1080p (1) resolution delivers crisp text and images; perfect for displaying professional-quality presentations, video and more
- High-performance laser light source — 20,000 hours virtually maintenance-free laser light source delivers incredible brightness with no lamps to replace (4)
- Best-in-Class Color Brightness (3) — 4,500 lumens of color and white brightness (2) ideal for displaying large-group presentations, spreadsheets and videos, even in well-lit rooms
- Built-in picture skew sensor — automatically analyzes the picture and instantly corrects the vertical keystone to help square the image
- Get up and running in no time — with easy image adjustments and convenient control like 1-1.6x optical zoom, horizontal slider and auto vertical correction
Android TV 9 is fully integrated and provides excellent image quality for streaming In moderate ambient light, it's bright enough to light up a 110-inch screen Fast-switch pixel shifting produces a 4K (3,840-by-2,160) resolution
There are few choices for adjusting image quality
- MAX 150-INCH PROJECTOR SCREEN SIZE - With the WEMAX Nova laser projector, you can choose from four different projector sizes. A massive screen size of up to 150” will be the center piece of your home theater. Choose the right size for your setting beginning at 80 inches, 100 inches, 120 inches, and 150 inches to project from. The 8-Point keystone correction dials in image quality, making micro adjustments for the perfect home cinema experience.
- EASY ON THE EYES – Different from traditional TV using emitted light, WEMAX Nova uses light diffusion technology and reflects light to show images, making it easy on your eyes; plus it produces much larger images, which put less strain on your eyes
- 4K UHD LASER PROJECTOR – Superior Resolution might be an understatement. With 4K UHD and bright 2100 ANSI lumens (5000 lumen light source), you get 4x resolution of full HD or 1080p. Nova is built with industry-leading patented ALPD 3.0 and TI DLP technology. ALPD allows for light to be used more efficiently for finer detail across a wider color gamut and deeper vibrance for breathtaking video resolution. Short throw projector reduces eyestrain by diffusing light without losing picture quality.
- ULTRA SHORT THROW – With 0.233:1 ultra short throw ratio, you can place this compact 4K laser projector inches from the wall and turn any room into a home cinema; get up to an astonishing 150" screen size by placing Nova just 35" away from the wall
- Choose the right size for your setting beginning at 80 inches, 100 inches, 120 inches, and 150 inches to project from. The distance from the light source to the screen is 18.5inch, 23.2inch, 27.9inch, 35inch, you can get 80, 100, 120, 150 inch image size respectively
- POWERFUL SOUND – The Nova laser projector offers more than just stunning picture quality; it also boasts powerful 30W DTS HD speakers by Dolby Audio. This stereo provides crystal-clear audio precision tuned to accentuate the home theatre experience. If you already have a home cinema sound system, the Nova laser projector can be connected via HDMI output for best audio experience.
- MULTI-DEVICE VIDEO COMPATIBLE – Wireless casting to Nova with Bluetooth connection, compatible in projecting from iPhone, Android, iPad, Laptop, tablets, and other streaming devices. Recommend pairing with Fire TV stick for Netflix workaround. Multiple HDMI video slots, USB, built-in casting for video mirroring. Connect soundbar or stereo system flawlessly via HDMI.
- SMART PROJECTOR, 5K APPS BUILT-IN – The Nova is a smart projector that comes loaded with thousands of apps at your fingertips powered by Android TV. Stream your favorite shows from Hulu, HBO Max, Showtime, Disney+, and many more. Use the voice command button to tell Nova what you want to watch. NOTE: Netflix supported but requires Fire TV stick or similar streaming device.
- Peace of Mind – The package includes: 1x WEMAX Nova Laser Projector, 1x remote control, 1 x power cord, 1 x user manual, 1 x cleaning cloth; backed by a 1-year warranty and professional support, feel free to contact us if you have any questions, we will get back to you within 24 hours
- Power Source Type: Corded Electric. Standby Mode-
- Connectivity Technology: Bluetooth;Usb;Dual Hdmi
- Included Components: Projector; Power Cord; Remote; Batteries; Manual
Factors Related To best laser projectors You Should Focus On For The Most Efficient Purchase
best laser projectors will be discussed in-depth, and all of its characteristics will be closely investigated so you can determine whether or not it is ideal for your needs. It will save you time and effort since our guide to the best can assist you as much as possible.
Please read the following guide for easier select best laser projectors in 2023:
Contrast ratings can only be used to measure in dark rooms. They don't give any information about ambient lighting. Unusually dark blacks in the projector will result in lower contrast. A brighter projector will perform well in home theaters, but not in living rooms or offices.
DLP projectors with single-chip DLP chips could be subject to the so-called "rainbow effect." Sometimes, tiny, bright flashes with rainbow-like colors may appear, especially in dark scenes. Some DLP projectors have a minimal effect, while others can produce a distracting result, especially when there are bright areas against shady backgrounds. The rainbow effect is not a problem with LCD projectors, which are safer if someone in your household has sensitive eyes. There are many DLP projectors that produce excellent images.
The calculation for projectors that have 4K ultra high definition (3,840 x 2,160 pixels) is slightly different.
Component video, composite video and S-Video all make up the most common connections on large projectors. We're also seeing more projectors that offer direct USB connection to computers via a USB cable. A growing variety of projectors now have USB Type-C ports. The majority of USB-C ports can be used to transfer data or video using the DisplayPort protocol. Most USB-C ports support USB Power Delivery (USB PD), which means that a plugged in projector can supply 100 watts of power to charge a device or to charge it using a USB-C cable (assuming the device is capable of charging over USB-C).
For longer periods of time, LEDs and lasers retain a greater percentage of their original brightness. While all light sources eventually lose their brightness, lamps lose the most in 500 hours. Then, they slowly decline over time. The brightness of LEDs and lasers will decrease more slowly over the course of their lifetimes.
The ambient lighting level, size and material of your projector screen will all affect the brightness. You should buy a professional seller if you are installing a projector in a permanent location, such as at your home, to ensure that you get the best image brightness and the correct screen material.
How Long Do Projector Screens Last?However, newer technologies for projectors either extend the projector's lifespan or eliminate the need to use a filter (or lamp) entirely. These new technologies can last for as long as 20,000 hours. These new technologies require less maintenance, and are cheaper!
How Much Brightness Do I Need In An At-home Projector?It is important to consider the location and times of use when purchasing a projector. Higher lumens will be recommended if you intend to use it in bright sunlight. Lumens for rooms that have dim lighting aren't as restricted. Ideally, 1,000 to 2000 lumens is the ideal.
Do You Need 3D Support?3D imaging has gone beyond the boom it experienced a few decades ago. It is now possible to show images in 3D for business and educational purposes. It's possible to still find 3D projectors if your application requires 3D.
There are many 3D technology options available. Make sure that any 3D projector or camera you're considering will be compatible with your 3D source. The "3D-ready" label usually indicates that it can work with 3D created by a computer. Full HD 3D is the best designation to search for if you own a number of 3D Bluray discs. It is important to confirm the type of 3D glasses that it can work with. DLP-Link glasses tend to be the most popular, however, there are many types of 3D glasses, some with proprietary features.
What Kind Of Projector Should You Get?The type of projector you choose will depend on where and how you intend to use it. A high-quality, 1080p LCD projector is best for home theatres. A laser 4K model is best if you are passionate about visuals and have an access to dark theatre rooms. However, the latter is more expensive.
Do I Need A 4K Projector?You might be a little skeptical about any 4K projectors on this list. It may be worthwhile to weigh the benefits and drawbacks of other technologies.
Flatscreen TVs are generally simpler to use. They can be placed in your house, on the wall, or counter, and they will stay there. This TV has a fixed screen size and offers HDR or 4K resolution at a lower price than projectors.
How Important Is Ultra Short Throw?Ultra short throw technology is a feature of many flagship 4K projectors. This greatly reduces the distance between projector and surface (walls, ceilings, etc.).
This laser projector tends to produce sharp images. However, it can be more expensive than a regular or long-throw model.
Ultra-short throw, or 'UST', is a space-saving technique that keeps your projector exactly where you would place a TV. It also means you won't have to mount a projector to your ceiling. People moving about a room will be less likely to block the images.
The decision is up to you.
How Big Should My 4K Projector Picture Be?An age-old question. This really boils down to the size of your projector: If you want to fit a 100-inch projected image in the same space as a 55 inch TV, then a maximum 100-inch might be too small. You should measure the walls in your home and check that the projected image is compatible with them.
The considerations outlined in this blog post should demonstrate that best laser projectors is worth the money and then some. If you want a different model but still want performance, the long-lasting investment which provides you with years of enjoyment, you have no choice but to check Optoma CinemaX P2 4K UHD Laser Projector that is available.