The 10 Best Wifi 6e Router Of 2023, Researched By Us
1. Best Overall: NETGEAR Nighthawk WiFi 6E Router (RAXE500)
NETGEAR Nighthawk, With NETGEAR Armor (powered by BitDefender), a 60-device, 3,500 sq. ft. coverage and a robust app to help manage your home network, this WiFi 6E router has everything you need. An unlimited # of devices means that everyone in your family can do what they want online without disrupting any device's internet connection.
2. Best Bang For The Buck: ASUS ROG Rapture WiFi 6E Gaming Router (GT-AXE11000)
The ROG Rapture is world's first Wi-Fi 6E tri-band router, and is the ultimate wireless gaming solution. With speeds up to 11000 Mbps, it delivers unrivaled performance, while also delivering unprecedented range and stability. It also comes with a unique Adaptive QoS, a revolutionary new ISP-level technology that ensures the best possible gaming experience for every device on your network.
3. Best Efficient: TP-Link AXE5400 Tri-Band WiFi 6E Router (Archer AXE75)
The TP-Link AXE5400 Max WiFi 6 router is the latest innovation in WiFi technology. With speeds up to 6Gbps, Advanced AC SmartBeam and MU-MIMO technology, this router is the ultimate WiFi solution for gaming and 4K streaming. The Archer AXE75 has a VPN server and client, so you can securely access your home network when you’re away from home. With HomeShield, our premium security service provides cutting-edge protection for your home.
4. Best Portable: ASUS ZenWiFi Whole-Home Tri-Band Mesh WiFi 6E System (ET8 2PK)
ASUS ZenWiFi Whole-Home Tri-Band Mesh WiFi 6E System (ET8) is a next-generation WiFi system that boosts speeds up to 6600 Mbps, with coverage up to 5500 square feet. The Commercial-grade Network Security offers lifetime free ASUS AiProtection Pro powered by Trend Micro, with WPA3 and advanced Parental Controls for your home.
The wireless network is a key component of your home network. It enables you to access the internet and share files, printers, and other devices across multiple computers and devices in your home. The type of router you set up will determine how fast, reliable, and secure this network is. If you are looking for the best wifi 6e router to use in your home or office, keep reading!
In this article we review some of the top models in different price ranges so you can choose the one that best meets your needs and budget. If you have an older model, it’s time to upgrade. With the help of our buying guide and these top 10 picks, finding the best wifi 6e router for your needs should be simple!
Our staff had to concentrate on studying over 16 hours to acquire such outcomes for readers. Such research depends on both customer star ratings and interviews with customers about their experience of the product. In addition, we recommend NETGEAR Nighthawk WiFi 6E Router (RAXE500) as one of the ideal selections. For your convenience, we've included an in-depth buyer's guide and other excellent alternatives for you to choose the final option.
RELATED: We did the research for you. Read our in-depth guide for the most secure home router of 2023. Low prices, top models & expert support.
Our Top Picks
- Ensure a safe, online experience for your kids by using NETGEAR Smart Parental Controls with a 30-day free trial
- Sets up in minutes with the Nighthawk app – easily manage WiFi settings at the device and network level, test internet speed and monitor data usage
- Replace your existing WiFi Router (separate modem or modem router required). Compatible with any Internet Service Provider up to 2Gbps including cable, satellite, fiber, DSL and more
- 4 x 1G and 1 x 2.5G Ethernet ports for computers, game consoles, streaming players and other wired devices
- Exceptional 10.8Gbps WiFi speed, 9x faster than WiFi 5. Backward compatible for all WiFi devices on 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands
- 1.8GHz quad-core processor, OFDMA, MU-MIMO, Dynamic QoS, 1024-QAM, Smart Connect for one WiFi name, Beamforming technologies and Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant Voice Control. Supports WPA2/WPA3 wireless security protocols. Includes Guest WiFi access, DoS, Firewall, VPN and more
- 6GHz WiFi band dedicated to WiFi 6E devices including Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra 5G. Enjoy 4K/8K video streaming, AR/VR gaming and HD videoconferencing
- Coverage up to 3,500 sq. ft. and 60 devices
- NETGEAR Armor (powered by BitDefender) provides network security and data protection on an unlimited # of devices with a 30-day free trial
Best Bang For The Buck
ASUS ROG Rapture WiFi 6E Gaming Router (GT-AXE11000)
- Next-gen WiFi standard – World's first Wi-Fi 6E tri-band router boosts speeds up to 11000 Mbps.
- If no 6G SSID is displayed, please check whether your OS and client device are fully licensed to support the newly released 6GHz band. You can check with your OS and client device provider for WiFi 6E driver release schedule.
- 6GHz spectrum available – Wider channels and higher capacity to deliver higher performance, lower latency, and less interference.
- 2.5G LAN/WAN Port – All traffic through 2.5G port is given the top priority, and 2.5G port unlocks the full potential of WiFi 6.
- Triple-level Game Acceleration – Accelerate game traffic every step of the way — from device to game server.
- Performance through engineering – Quad-core CPU processor, cooling system and optimized antenna design that brings its computational capability to the next level.
- VPN Server and Client: Archer AXE75 Supports both VPN Server and VPN Client (OpenVPN/PPTP/L2TP)
- WiFi 6E Unleashed – The brand new 6 GHz band brings more bandwidth, faster speeds, and near-zero latency; Enables more responsive gaming and video chatting
- TP-Link HomeShield – TP-Link's premium security services keep your home network safe with cutting-edge network and IoT protection. Free features: 1. Network Security Scan 2. Basic Parental Controls 3. QoS 4. Weekly/Monthly Reports 5. IoT Device Identification, HomeShield Pro paid service ads more robust protections and features for, 5.99/Month, 1-Month Free Trial
- More RAM, Better Processing - Armed with a 1.7 GHz Quad-Core CPU and 512 MB High-Speed Memory
- Connect More Devices—True Tri-Band and OFDMA technology increase capacity by 4 times to enable simultaneous transmission to more devices
- Works with all internet service providers, such as AT&T, Verizon, Xfinity, Spectrum, RCN, Cox, CenturyLink, Frontier, etc.( a modem is required for most internet service providers)
- Tri-Band WiFi 6E Router - Up to 5400 Mbps WiFi for faster browsing, streaming, gaming and downloading, all at the same time(6 GHz: 2402 Mbps;5 GHz: 2402 Mbps;2.4 GHz: 574 Mbps)
- OneMesh Supported – Creates a OneMesh network by connecting to a TP-Link OneMesh Extender for seamless whole-home coverage.
- Commercial-Grade Network Security – Lifetime free ASUS AiProtection Pro, powered by Trend Micro, with WPA3 and advanced Parental Controls to protect your home.
- Ultra-Stable Connection – New 6 GHz band ensures stable backhaul connection between nodes as no legacy device interference
- Maximum Capacity – New 6 GHz frequency band with wider channels and higher capacity delivers higher performance, lower latency, and less interference.
- More Privacy, Anywhere – Instant Guard gives you one-click secure internet access via ZenWiFi ET8 from anywhere in the world
- Next-Gen WiFi Standard – Wi-Fi 6E tri-band mesh WiFi system boosts speeds up to 6600 Mbps, with coverage up to 5500 square feet
- ASUS ZenWiFi Pro AXE11000 Tri-Band WiFi 6E Mesh System (ET12 1PK) - Whole Home Coverage up to 3000 Sq.Ft & 3+ Rooms, Dual 2.5G Ports, 6GHz Band, AiMesh, Included Lifetime Internet Security, Easy Setup
- Set up in minutes - The eero app guides you through setup and allows you to manage your network from anywhere.
- Experience the eero TrueMesh difference - eero’s patented TrueMesh technology intelligently routes traffic to reduce drop-offs and dead spots.
- Built-in smart home hub - eero Pro 6E works as a smart home hub so you can control compatible Thread and Zigbee devices with Alexa. It also doubles as a border router to facilitate connections with Thread-enabled devices.
- More wifi for more devices - Network coverage up to 2,000 sq ft and support for 100+ connected devices.
- Gets better over time - Receive automatic updates to help keep your network safe and secure. Online security and additional network management features available via a separate subscription.
- eero’s fastest router yet - Supports network speeds up to 2.3 Gbps, when using both wired (up to a gigabit) and wireless (up to 1.3 Gbps) client devices.
- eero’s first Wi-Fi 6E router - eero Pro 6E supports fast speeds and direct access to the new 6 GHz band when using Wi-Fi 6E devices, resulting in lower latency.
- Unlock the Full Potential of WiFi 6 - Opening the 6 GHz band will change the game for WiFi 6. WiFi 6 brings about upgraded performance in network efficiency and capacity. Whereas the advantages of WiFi 6 are not fully realized while competing with transmissions from WiFi 5 (or other radios). The 6 GHz band is available only for WiFi 6 traffic, allowing WiFi 6 to meet its intended potential
- AI-Driven Mesh - Deco XE75 delivers smart WiFi that follows you wherever you are, without interruption. It automatically learns your network environment, client quality, and user behaviors
- Brand-New 6 GHz Band – Experience the latest frequency of WiFi, eliminating interference from all legacy devices. The 6 GHz band works as the powerful dedicated backhaul to ensure stable connections between nodes by default. You can switch it to Wi-Fi Network mode and connect your WiFi 6E-compatible devices to 6GHz Network³
- Easy Setup and Management - The Deco app helps you set up your network in minutes with clear visual guidance and keeps you in control even when you are not home; Works with Alexa as well Turn on or off Guest Wi-Fi by simple voice commands
- True Tri-Band Speed – All three WiFi bands work together to unleash your network’s total speeds up to 5,400 Mbps for 200 devices(6 GHz: 2402 Mbps (HE160);5 GHz: 2402 Mbps (HE160);2.4 GHz: 574 Mbps)¹³
- TP-Link HomeShield – TP-Link's premium security services keep your home network safe with cutting-edge network and IoT protection. Free features: 1. Network Security Scan 2. Basic Parental Controls 3. QoS 4. Weekly/Monthly Reports 5. IoT Device Identification HomeShield Pro paid service adds more robust protections and features for, $5.99/Month, 1-Month Free Trial
- Works with all internet service providers, such as Comcast, Charter, AT&T, Verizon, Xfinity, Spectrum, RCN, Cox, CenturyLink, Frontier, etc.( a modem is required for most internet service providers)
- WiFi 6E Tri-Band Mesh WiFi – Cover up to 5,500 Sq.Ft with next-gen seamless WiFi and make dead zones and buffering a thing of the past¹²
Best Sleek Design
Linksys Atlas WiFi 6E Router Home WiFi Mesh System
- HIGHEST DEVICE CAPACITY EVER - With 4x the channels of current WiFi systems, the 6 GHz band can handle all the traffic from the busiest smart homes using heavy-bandwidth devices all day, every day.
- A NEW BAND FOR YOUR LATEST DEVICES - WiFi 6E offers the 6GHz band connection needed for optimized work-from-home, online learning, livestreaming, and up to 6.5x faster speed*** for AR and VR devices. A New Band for Your Latest Devices"
- UNLEASH THE POWER OF WIFI 6E - Linksys Atlas Max 6E (AXE8400) unleashes the biggest upgrade to WiFi in a decade, bringing the ultra-fast, low-latency 6GHz band to every corner of your home. Use as a backhaul between nodes or connect directly for seamless video conferencing, working from home, remote learning, and even the latest AR and VR. Velop Intelligent Mesh technology offers whole-home coverage that’s easily expandable by adding additional nodes. With easy setup, advanced security, and parental controls, Linksys Atlas Max 6E is an essential upgrade to any home that needs the most reliable, highest-speed WiFi.
- ULTRA-FAST MULTI-GIGABIT SPEED - With a 5 gigabit WAN port, you can experience up to 5 Gbps speed throughout your home for smart TVs, streaming devices, gaming consoles, and even the latest VR and AR.
- Amazon exclusive extended 3.5 year warranty
- SMART SECURITY - With automatic firmware updates, parental controls, and separate guest access, Velop provides a safe, secure and up-to-date home network
- INDUSTRY-LEADING TECHNOLOGY - An advanced Qualcomm chipset delivers the ultimate WiFi 6E experience. This next-generation technology transforms home and business WiFi with its wire-like stability and blazing-fast performance
- EASY SETUP AND CONTROL - The Linksys app makes setup simple. Once set up, you can access your network from anywhere, and view or prioritize which connected devices are using the most WiFi."
- POWERFUL WIFI 6E MESH COVERAGE - Velop Intelligent Mesh technology combined with WiFi 6E delivers gigabit WiFi speeds to every corner of your home or business.
- WORKS WITH ALL ISPS - You’re covered no matter who your internet provider is, plus you’ve got 100% backward compatibility for WiFi 5 and older devices.
- Covers your whole home up to 9,000 sq. ft. and up to 200 devices at the same time with consistently fast WiFi to every device in every room
- Lightning fast 10.8Gbps total WiFi speed, including a new 6GHz band with more speed and capacity for the latest high-performance WiFi 6E devices
- Sets up in minutes with the Orbi App, which also makes it easy to manage WiFi settings, test internet speed, monitor data usage and more
- NETGEAR Smart Parental Controls promotes healthy Internet habits, fosters responsibility and builds trust with your kids (30-day free trial included)
- Compatible with internet service plans up to 10Gbps. Connects to your existing modem (cable, satellite, fiber, DSL) and replaces your WiFi router.
- Each router and satellite includes one 2.5G and three 1G Ethernet ports for fast wired connections to computers, game consoles and streaming players
- NETGEAR Armor powered by Bitdefender protects all your home devices from virus, malware, and data theft with a 30-day free trial
- Exclusive Quad-Band technology features a dedicated WiFi band connecting Orbi router and satellites, ensuring Gigabit+ speeds throughout your home
- Compatible with all Internet service providers and is 100% backward compatible with Wi-Fi 5 and older devices
- 6 GHz band found on Wi-Fi 6E routers offers interference-free signal and ultra-fast speeds
- Coverage up to 2,700 sq. ft., 55+ devices, and speeds up to 6.6 Gbps
- Velop Intelligent Mesh technology combined with Wi-Fi 6E is designed to deliver gigabit Wi-Fi speeds to every corner of home or business
- has up to 4x the channels of older Wi-Fi router systems
What to Look For in a best wifi 6e router?
You may have some trouble making a purchase if you don't research it thoroughly. You are expected to invest time and focus on best wifi 6e router before investing in them. Usually, it will take you a long time to research a favorite product. But rest assured, we are here to assist you with your best wifi 6e router issue, no matter what time of day or night.
Although choosing a product is complicated, it will be more accessible and more available to everyone with today's information technology network. You are now given available sources of information such as famous websites, sale forums, or even customer's feedback. It can be said that information from these sources about best wifi 6e router will be beneficial to you.
So now you are expected to focus on needed criteria about best wifi 6e router. All of them will come with your investment.
Dual-band routers generally have at least two antennas. Some are dedicated to the 5GHz band, while others go to 2.4GHz. Omnidirectional means they transmit signals in all directions, regardless of the position of their antennas. There are many configurations that look like droid heads in Star Wars movies, or flipped Tarantulas pointed at the sky.
The indoor range for the 2.4GHz band is 150ft, and the 50ft of the 5GHz band. Antennas focus more on signal quality and speed rather than invading neighbor's homes with Wi-Fi signals. If you have to send a Wi Fi signal to an area, you can purchase a high-gain antenna.
Speeds And Standards
Wi-Fi 6 is the latest standard for routers. It's also known as 802.11ax. This is faster and better suited to households that have many smart home devices. While there are many WiFi 6 routers on the market today, Wi-Fi 6e is a newer standard that uses a portion of the radio frequency.
You want a router capable of MU-MIMO. However, you also want to have as many streams available as possible for your wireless devices to communicate with it.
If you are in an area with Gigabit internet, input is another problem. An older router could slow down your home and cause problems with your Gigabit internet connection. Some routers are capable of aggregating two inputs to provide faster connectivity.
Although they are more affordable than dual-band routers, we recommend getting two 5GHz Wi-Fi band routers. If you own four computers that can support Wi-Fi 6, the NETGEAR Nighthawk RAX200 is ideal. Some models include a second 6GHz connection that offers even higher Wi-Fi speeds.
Multistreams and antennas can send and receive data faster than one. Imagine two trucks driving down the same road. They can deliver packages quicker than two trucks travelling down the same route. Virtually all wireless devices support two outgoing and one incoming streams. To be able to connect multiple Wi-Fi networks, you need a router that supports more than two streams on each band.
A router that has two transmit streams (and two receive streams) may work well for a smaller home. An 8x8 configuration is recommended for busy homes with many wireless devices.
RELATED: Are you looking for a most powerful wireless router that meets your needs while also being cost-effective? Find the best one for you here.
Do I Need To Change The Router SSID And Password?Your router's SSID (or Router Identification Number) is your unique identification number. Although every router has WPA2 security built in, you should always change the password and SSID of your router. Because every router may have the same default password, it could mean that you network is open to all.
It is recommended that you change your SSID password and SSID to protect it. This will help you eliminate all types of malicious attempts.
Standard Routers Vs. Mesh Routers: Which Is Better?The standard router is one device you will typically put near your internet connection. Additional access points can be added wirelessly to mesh routers. These will again be located near your internet router.
Multiple access points can be used to bypass obstacles that could cause Wi-Fi dead zones, such as large appliances or concrete brick walls. Mesh routers improve reliability. Mesh routers aren't expected to deliver higher performance. In my testing, they didn't perform well relative to the price.
What Does A Wi-Fi Router Do?To send or receive web data, you must be connected to the modem. Your router allows this without requiring a wire. This is a fancy antenna that connects to your modem wirelessly over Wi-Fi. To connect to other devices, such as printers and remote storage servers at home via Wi-Fi networks within your area of residence, you can use the Wi-Fi network.
What Makes Wi-Fi 6 Better Than Before?Wi-Fi 6 supports new Wi-Fi technologies that make data transfer faster and more efficient. Quadrature Amplitude Modulation (QAM) is one of the most important upgrades. This trick allows your router to transmit radio waves other devices can interpret as a series or ones and zeroes. It's the binary code behind everything you read, see and experience online. Your router can send 10 bits of binary code per transmission with 1024-QAM, as opposed to the eight bits of binary sent by Wi-Fi 5 routers using 256-QAM. Wi-Fi 6 boasts top speeds up to 30% higher than the previous version.
OFDMA (or orthogonal frequency division multiple access) is another feature to be noted. This allows your router to transmit data to multiple clients through one channel, increasing network efficiency. To save fuel, think of it as a delivery man dropping multiple pizzas off to several customers at once. Target Wake Time allows the router to schedule devices that must check in periodically so they don't interfere with each other. It isn’t tied specifically to Wi-Fi 6 but most next-gen routers support WPA3, which is the latest Wi-Fi security standard.
My Router Is Jammed- What Should I Do?Because the router is electronic, such events can happen anytime. This doesn't mean you should panic. You can simply reboot or restart your router if you encounter such issues. Just behind the router is a reset button. Hold this button for at least 10 seconds to turn on all the LED lights.
Your router will enter reset mode once it has done so. You must wait until all lights come on. You must also remember that any active settings changes will return to the default.