The Best Movie Projectors For 2024
1. Best Overall: Optoma HD146X High Performance Projector
HDMI-CEC, the projector can be controlled by an external device via the HDMI connection, as well as WIFI and LAN connections.
2. Best For The Price: BenQ TK850 True 4K HDR-PRO Projector
This projector uses 10-element Crystal Lens Array with a specialized all-glass lens to produce an ultra-sharp and color-rich image.
3. Best Audio Performance: Nebula by Anker Mars II Pro
Thanks to the dual 10W audio drivers, this projector can deliver sensational sound and deep, resonant bass performance.
4. Best For Outdoor Use: XGIMI Halo Portable Projector
This portable device provides 2 hours of playtime on a 150" screen with great brightness, making it ideal for an outdoor movie night.
The smell of popcorn, the thrill of seeing your favorite characters come to life on screen, and the excitement of watching a movie with friends. Whether you’re an avid cinephile or just someone who loves spending time with friends, movie nights are a great way to relax and escape from everyday life.
Therefore, investing in the right projector can make it possible for you to enjoy the magic of cinema even if you don’t have access to a theater nearby.
Since there are lots of different projector options out there, we have comprised a collection of the best movie projectors to help you decide. Our Optoma HD146X High Performance Projector is an excellent choice when it comes to reliability, functionality, and affordability. You may also want to check out our other picks from well-liked brands on the market like Epson, BenQ, etc.
RELATED: We've found the top home laser projector based on 6,341 customers’ feedback. Our top picks & buying guides help you to get budget-friendly products.
Our Top Picks
- FAST RESPONSE TIME: Enhanced Gaming Mode enables lightning-fast response time; Game Display Mode boosts shadows and dark scenes for greater visibility of impending obstacles
- HDMI-CEC FOR SIMPLE ON/OFF: HDMI-CEC technology enables control of the projector and connected devices using a single remote, all via the HDMI connection with the projectors HDMI-Link feature
- EASY INSTALLATION: 40° vertical keystone correction and a 1. 1X zoom enable flexible placement in any environment
- FULL 3D: The HD146X displays true 3D content from almost any 3D source, including 3D Blu-ray Disc players, 3D broadcasting, and the latest-generation game consoles. Support for 120Hz rapid-refresh rate provides ultra-smooth flicker-free images; 3D glasses required
- LONG LAMP LIFE: Enjoy up to 15, 000 hours of lamp life enabling an average of 4 hours of viewing time every day 10+ years
- HDMI + USB POWER: Support for HDMI extender and USB power supply; connect to Apple TV, Chromecast, Xbox, Switch, PS4 or set top box for a big-screen entertainment experience
- MORE IMAGE DEPTH: Dynamic Black technology provides more depth to the image by smoothing lamp output to create a high contrast ratio (500, 000: 1); bright scenes appear clear while dark scenes remain detailed
- PERFECT IMAGE ALIGNMENT: With the latest technology from Texas Instruments, the DLP DMD single-chip design ensures perfect image alignment combined with high-brightness for an incredible picture
- LIGHTS-ON VIEWING: Enjoy an incredible 3, 600 of brightness in any room in your home; leave the lights on or keep it dim for a cinematic experience
- CINEMATIC PICTURE QUALITY: Enjoy crisp, high-definition images with a native 1080p (1920×1080) resolution and an RYGCWB color wheel for home cinema color calibration.
Designed for sports and TV programs in family rooms with ambient light 3,000 ANSI lumens vs. 2,000 ANSI lumens HDR10 and HLG HDR support
Input lag is too high for serious gamers
- INDUSTRY LEADING WARRANTY: 3-year limited parts and labor coverage makes you rest easy that our us-based customer service
- TRUE 4K UHD RESOLUTION: 3840 × 2160 or 8.3 million Individual Pixels give incredible clarity and crisply defined details. NOT double HD or 2K like other manufacturers
- PROJECTOR-OPTIMIZED HDR-PRO(HDR10/HLG): HDR-PRO supercharged by Dynamic Iris with exclusive enhanced contrast and HDR brightness for realistic, detailed images
- 10-ELEMENT CRYSTAL LENS ARRAY: specialized all-glass lens grouping provides the right level of light penetration producing best-in-class sharpness, color, Quality and clarity
- EASY UPDRAGE FROM BENQ 1080P PROJECTORS: 1.3X big zoom and lens shift increase installation ease and upgrade flexibility from W1070, HT2050,HT2050A and HT3050
- IMMERSIVE GAMING/SPORTS EXPERIENCE: Dedicated Sport modes with CinemaMaster Audio plus2 make you feel like you’re part of the game
- CINEMATIC COLOR TECHNOLOGY: Our out-of-the-box factory calibrated color accurate projector with DCI-P3 color space is one of the latest forms of technology When it comes to colors available and exceeds the color spectrum from what you can get with Rec. 709
- DLP TECHNOLOGY: DLP is the leading technology used in 90% of the world’s cinemas and 100% of digital IMAX theaters. You will experience a longer lasting, slimmer design, sharper and crisper image in BenQ projector
- VIVID COLORS IN ANY AMBIENT LIGHTING: Perfectly balanced high visual brightness (>3000lm) and vivid colors (98% Rec.709) for use in well-lit environments
With 500 ANSI lumens, the projection is bright and colorful At 720p resolutions, the movie is well visible Up to 150 inches of video can be projected on the ceiling
It is not durable for a long time
- All Your Favorites: Watch Youtube, Netflix, And More With Android 7.1 For Hours Of Awesome Content On Your Portable Projector
- Expand Your Entertainment: Plug And Play Your Favorite Hdmi And Usb 2.0 Devices, Including Laptops, Playstation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, And More
- Cinematic Sound: Dual 10W Audio Drivers Work Together To Deliver Sensational Sound And Deep, Resonant Bass For A Truly Immersive Outdoor Projector Movie Experience
- Brighter Is Better: Dlp Intellibright Technology Projects A Radiant 500-Ansi-Lumen Image At Razor-Sharp 720P For Breathtaking Video Clarity.(Recommended For Use In Dimmer Environments)
- Automatic Keystone Correction: ±40 automatic vertical and manual horizontal keystone correction and autofocus ensures a clear picture, hassle-free.
- 10W Harman Kardon Sound: Dual 5W Harman Kardon speakers provide sound quality. Users can also wirelessly connect soundbars and Bluetooth headphones.
- High Capacity Built-In Battery: Take Halo anywhere thanks to a built-in battery providing 2HRS of playtime on a 150" screen.
- Android Tv: Access 5000+ apps via Google Play, including YouTube, Prime Video, Hulu, Disney +, HBO Max, and more! Please note that our product does not stream the native Netflix app.
- 1080p Image 800 ANSI Lumens: Native 1080p FHD resolution paired with bright 800 ANSI lumens, 225% clearer than mainstream 720p projectors.
- 【RELIABLE WARRANTY & SUPPORT】Our M18 Pro projector provides a 3-year warranty, reliable service and professional technical support. Please rest assured to buy. We will follow up every order in time. Our JIMTAB team will accompany you to solve every after-sales problem.
- 【SCREEN MIRRORING WILL MAGNIFY YOUR WISHES】M18 PRO has built-in screen mirroring function. Regardless of the notebook, ipad or iphone, as long as it has a wireless device. You can enjoy the fun of wireless mirroring. Let you instantly release from a small screen of 6 or 13 inches to a large screen of 300 inches.
- 【FASTER AND MORE STABLE NETWORK】 M18 Pro is a supports 2.4g+5G network frequency projector, which can automatically adapt to the best network frequency according to your device. Make your wireless home theater smoother. At the same time, it is more compatible with all wireless network frequencies on the market.
- 【STILL INSIST NATIVE RESOLUTION OF FULL HD 1920X1080】M18 Pro projector With native resolution of 1920*1080 and contrast ratio of 5000:1. Resolution support: 576i, 576p, 720i, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, 2k, 4k. M18 Pro Wifi 5g Native 1080P Video Projector will restore the real scene of the real source.
- 【M18 PRO UPGRADE TO MORE COMPLETE FIRMWARE IN 2022】A total of 21 firmware versions have been upgraded from M18 2018 to M18 PRO 2022. We constantly upgrade the firmware version just to provide you with a more stable visual and auditory feast.
- 【Wide Connectivity】 WEMAX Dice features an HDMI input on the back, a USB 2.0 port and a 3.5mm audio jack port for great extendability; plug and play your favorite HDMI and USB 2.0 Devices, including laptops, playstation, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, soundbar and more
- 【Light up your Journey/Portable Theater】 With the built-in 16000 mAh battery, you can use the projector continuously for up to three hours; WEMAX Dice is a truly portable outdoor movie projector that can run on battery power for the duration of one or two movies; ideal for evening outdoor screenings
- 【Sleek Design & Ultimate Functionality】 WEMAX Dice projector is shaped like a cube and its gray color gives it a touch of simplicity and elegance; the metal mesh case improves heat dissipation while maintaining esthetics; the leather handle allows you to take it with you wherever you go
- 【Buy with Confidence】 The package includes: 1x WEMAX Dice smart projector, 1x charger, 1x remote control, 1x user manual; 1 year warranty and professional support, contact us if you have any questions, we will get back to you within 24 hours
- 【Large-Screen Entertainment】 Enjoy your favorite blockbusters on a 120-inch large screen; with a decent projection ratio of 1.2:1, the WEMAX Dice projects an image diagonal of 40" to 120" at a distance of 3.9ft to 11.9ft
- 【Eye-Friendy Projection】 Unlike traditional LCD TV, which emit light directly, the WEMAX Dice uses light diffusion technology and reflects light to show images, reducing eye strain; greatly cares for the eye health of your child even after a long session of animation
- 【Dolby Audio/Theater-Like Audio】 hear your movie come to life. The 2 built-in speakers support Dolby and DTS for a cinematic sound experience; you can even use the WEMAX Dice as a standalone speaker thanks to the built-in Bluetooth feature
- 【4 Points Keystone Correction/Angles Never Bother You】 Just put DICE at any angle, the patented Smart keystone correction will adjust the projected screen up to 45 degrees both vertically and horizontally to give you the best viewing experience. Autofocus feature provides instant clarity for movies or other content you love without having to struggle with manual settings
- 【Build-in Android TV/Endless Entertainment】 Download apps directly to the projector from Google Play, including YouTube, Prime Video, Hulu, Disney+, HBO Max, and more. Plus you can do more with Google Assistant, just press the button on the remote and give commands. Recommend pairing with Fire TV stick for Netflix workaround. You can also wirelessly mirror your phone's screen to the projector
- 【700 ANSI Lumens & 1080P FHD/Remarkable Clarity】 WEMAX Dice Projector delivers 1920x1080 high-resolution display and supports 4K; 4-channel LED RGB + BP technology brings up to 20% more brightness compared to traditional 3-channel LED projectors. An advanced DLP imaging technology with 4-channel LED light source brings stunning FHD entertainment at a bright 700 ANSI lumens
- Connectivity technology: Bluetooth
- hdr10 & trumotion
- alexa built-in
- up to 1500 ansi lumens
- up to 140 inch screen
- 4k uhd resolution (3840 x 2160)
- lg thinq ai and google assistant built-in
- lg webos lite. use the included magic remote on this lg cinebeam projector to access lg’s webos smart tv operating system for all your favorite content streaming apps such as netflix, amazon prime, and vudu.
- ip control
- Power source type: Corded Electric
- 800 ANSI Lumens: Enjoy a 150 inch screen filled with ample brightness and contrast in dark environments or a 60-80 inch view during the day under natural light.
- 6W Harman Kardon Speakers: Premium 6W Harman Kardon speakers paired with DTS and DOLBY compatibility deliver crisp and clear audio.
- 1080p Resolution: Packs stunning 1080p FHD resolution for a clear visual display.
- ISA Technology: Our Intelligent Screen Adaption technology features automatic focusing, screen adjustment, and obstacle avoidance for a fast and easy setup.
- Android Tv 10.0: Access 5000+ apps, including Disney +, HBO Max, Prime Video, Peacock, and more, with the integrated Android TV 10.0.
Maintenance-free laser light system with a 30,000-hour life span The frame rate is 120Hz, and the input lag is minimal The ANSI lumen output is really high
The color red is way too orange right out of the box
- QUIET OPERATION: The low 32dB noise level in eco-mode ensures movies can be viewed without interference from the projector's operation sounds
- LIGHTS-ON VIEWING: With an incredible 4, 200 lumens of brightness, project in any room in the house, including family rooms, theater or game rooms, as well as outdoor spaces such as backyards, camping, tailgating and more
- ENABLED FOR HOME AUTOMATION: Set up complete network control, a perfect solution for home environments; LAN & RS-232 enable control via Crestron
- EASY IMAGE SETUP: Auto keystone and four corner correction provide simple image adjustment for easy installation
- 4K HDR INPUT: HDR10 & HLG technologies enable brigher whites and deeper black levels for an enhanced viewing experience of images and videos
- SHORT THROW LENS: Experience a large 120" image projected from 4'-4" away, allowing placement closer to the screen – ideal for smaller spaces and easier installation
- MOVIES, GAMING & MORE: Connect to media players and gaming consoles for big screen movies and gaming; connect a 4K UHD HDMI dongle such as the Fire TV, Google Chromecast, or Apple TV to play games, stream videos and share photos
- HOME CINEMA PICTURE QUALITY: 1080p (1920×1080) resolution (with 4K input) and 300, 000: 1 contrast ratio renders sharp and detailed images from high definition content without downscaling or compression
- DEPENDABLE LASER LIGHT SOURCE: DuraCore laser light source eliminates lamp and filter replacements for up to 30, 000 hours of low-cost and virtually maintenance-free operation; IPX6 dust resistance rating ensures optical engine durability
- FULL 3D: The GT1090HDR displays true 3D content from almost any 3D source, including 3D Blu-ray Disc players, 3D broadcasting, and the latest-generation game consoles. Support for 120Hz rapid-refresh rate provides ultra-smooth flicker-free images; 3D glasses required, sold separately
SAMSUNG SP-LSP7TFAXZA The Premiere Smart Laser Projector
- 4K UPSCALING: Whatever you watch, a powerful processor converts it to 4K picture quality
- MULTIPLE VOICE ASSISTANTS: This comes with your favorite voice assistants built-in and ready to help. Choose from Bixby, Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant
- ULTRA SHORT THROW: You can place this compact 4K projector inches from the wall, turning any room into a home cinema
- SMART TV POWERED BY TIZEN: Access your favorite apps, streaming services and smart home devices right from your projector
- LASER TECHNOLOGY: Enjoy cinematic picture quality from 4K UHD Ultra Bright Laser and 4K resolution with 2200 lumens
- POWERFUL SOUND: Elevate your home theater with audio from the mighty subwoofer and 30W speakers in this 2.2 channel system
- Resolution : 3840 x 2160
Things To Look For When Buying best movie projectors
There are numerous factors to consider when looking for the best movie projectors to purchase. The easiest way to figure out the right one is to read reviews from people who have already purchased it.
Throughout this article, we will go over certain most important factors to consider when purchasing best movie projectors. Please take your time reading and studying the items listed below!
Component video, composite video and S-Video all make up the most common connections on large projectors. We're also seeing more projectors that offer direct USB connection to computers via a USB cable. A growing variety of projectors now have USB Type-C ports. The majority of USB-C ports can be used to transfer data or video using the DisplayPort protocol. Most USB-C ports support USB Power Delivery (USB PD), which means that a plugged in projector can supply 100 watts of power to charge a device or to charge it using a USB-C cable (assuming the device is capable of charging over USB-C).
DLP projectors with single-chip DLP chips could be subject to the so-called "rainbow effect." Sometimes, tiny, bright flashes with rainbow-like colors may appear, especially in dark scenes. Some DLP projectors have a minimal effect, while others can produce a distracting result, especially when there are bright areas against shady backgrounds. The rainbow effect is not a problem with LCD projectors, which are safer if someone in your household has sensitive eyes. There are many DLP projectors that produce excellent images.
The ambient lighting level, size and material of your projector screen will all affect the brightness. You should buy a professional seller if you are installing a projector in a permanent location, such as at your home, to ensure that you get the best image brightness and the correct screen material.
The calculation for projectors that have 4K ultra high definition (3,840 x 2,160 pixels) is slightly different.
Contrast ratings can only be used to measure in dark rooms. They don't give any information about ambient lighting. Unusually dark blacks in the projector will result in lower contrast. A brighter projector will perform well in home theaters, but not in living rooms or offices.
For longer periods of time, LEDs and lasers retain a greater percentage of their original brightness. While all light sources eventually lose their brightness, lamps lose the most in 500 hours. Then, they slowly decline over time. The brightness of LEDs and lasers will decrease more slowly over the course of their lifetimes.
RELATED: Take A Look At The Top 10 best wifi projector For You. See Our Top Picks of 2024 and Find The Best One For You.
How Big Should My 4K Projector Picture Be?An age-old question. This really boils down to the size of your projector: If you want to fit a 100-inch projected image in the same space as a 55 inch TV, then a maximum 100-inch might be too small. You should measure the walls in your home and check that the projected image is compatible with them.
What Kind Of Projector Should You Get?The type of projector you choose will depend on where and how you intend to use it. A high-quality, 1080p LCD projector is best for home theatres. A laser 4K model is best if you are passionate about visuals and have an access to dark theatre rooms. However, the latter is more expensive.
Do I Need A 4K Projector?You might be a little skeptical about any 4K projectors on this list. It may be worthwhile to weigh the benefits and drawbacks of other technologies.
Flatscreen TVs are generally simpler to use. They can be placed in your house, on the wall, or counter, and they will stay there. This TV has a fixed screen size and offers HDR or 4K resolution at a lower price than projectors.
How Much Brightness Do I Need In An At-home Projector?It is important to consider the location and times of use when purchasing a projector. Higher lumens will be recommended if you intend to use it in bright sunlight. Lumens for rooms that have dim lighting aren't as restricted. Ideally, 1,000 to 2000 lumens is the ideal.
How Long Do Projector Screens Last?However, newer technologies for projectors either extend the projector's lifespan or eliminate the need to use a filter (or lamp) entirely. These new technologies can last for as long as 20,000 hours. These new technologies require less maintenance, and are cheaper!
Do You Need 3D Support?3D imaging has gone beyond the boom it experienced a few decades ago. It is now possible to show images in 3D for business and educational purposes. It's possible to still find 3D projectors if your application requires 3D.
There are many 3D technology options available. Make sure that any 3D projector or camera you're considering will be compatible with your 3D source. The "3D-ready" label usually indicates that it can work with 3D created by a computer. Full HD 3D is the best designation to search for if you own a number of 3D Bluray discs. It is important to confirm the type of 3D glasses that it can work with. DLP-Link glasses tend to be the most popular, however, there are many types of 3D glasses, some with proprietary features.
How Important Is Ultra Short Throw?Ultra short throw technology is a feature of many flagship 4K projectors. This greatly reduces the distance between projector and surface (walls, ceilings, etc.).
This laser projector tends to produce sharp images. However, it can be more expensive than a regular or long-throw model.
Ultra-short throw, or 'UST', is a space-saving technique that keeps your projector exactly where you would place a TV. It also means you won't have to mount a projector to your ceiling. People moving about a room will be less likely to block the images.
The decision is up to you.
The best movie projectors would be those who suit your needs and demands at the lowest possible cost. With more and more options available, it could be simple to find a design that satisfies all of these criteria. If you're not sure which one is best for you, take into account the BenQ TK700STi Projector for another option.