The 10 Best 18 Inch Laptop Of 2023, Tested By Our Experts
1. Best Overall: Alienware 18 ALW18-7502sLV 18-Inch Laptop
Meet the universe's most powerful 18" laptop. The new Alien ware 18 has been completely redesigned with dual graphics to give you the advantage. Get yours right away. Conquer without hesitation.
2. Best For The Price: HP Pavilion 17.3-inch IPS FHD Laptop (2022 Model)
Whether for work or play, this HP Pavilion laptop offers power and style. The Intel Core i5-processor delivers reliable performance and lightning-fast speeds, while the 17.3-inch screen lets you enjoy all your entertainment in full HD. With an ample amount of storage and a backlit keyboard, this powerhouse laptop is ready to go wherever you are - work or play.
3. Best Performance: 2022 Dell Inspiron 7000 2-in-1 17"
The Dell Inspiron 7000 2-in-1 17 inch laptop is the perfect blend of performance, style, and durability. It boasts a large 17 inch display with optional touch screen for immersive entertainment and productivity. The powerful 7th Gen Intel Quad-Core i7 processor paired with high-bandwidth RAM lets you multitask smoothly, run games as well as multiple programs without any lag time.
4. Best Easy To Use: Lenovo IdeaPad 3 Laptop 17.3"
With the IdeaPad 3 17-inch laptop, you have a powerful notebook for all your needs. Built with an AMD Ryzen 5 5500U Processor and 8GB of DDR4 memory, this laptop is perfect for running your favorite programs.
5. Best Durable: Acer Aspire 3 Intel Core 17.3-Inch Laptop
A powerful 17.3" laptop, the Acer Aspire is designed for performance and versatility. Featuring 8GB of high-bandwidth RAM for smooth multitasking, a 512GB NVMe SSD for fast boot-ups and data transfer, and a 10th Gen Intel Core i5 processor up to 3.6GHz, it's ready to keep up with you.
The best laptop is the one that meets your needs. The size of your laptop depends on how much you need it to take with you and how often you plan to travel with it. If you are looking for a compact notebook that can easily fit in your backpack, briefcase or standard sized laptop bag, the best 18-inch laptop is an excellent choice.
An 18-inch computer has smaller dimensions than most other laptops and weighs less as well. A smaller laptop is also easier to store at home, carry around when traveling and lift from a desk or table surface. However, the 18-inch laptop is not available now, we recommend the top 12 best 17-inch laptops for you to comfortably select.
You are strongly encouraged to pay close attention to the Alienware 18 ALW18-7502sLV 18-Inch Laptop as our top product. Or you can check the HP Pavilion 17.3-inch IPS FHD Laptop (2022 Model) as the other great option, even if the first option didn't meet all of your requirements.
RELATED: We've researched 2,558 customer reviews to create a list of 10 best $500 gaming laptop from well-known brands for you.
Our Top Picks
- 8 GB DDR3
- 18-Inch Screen
- Windows 8.1
- 4th Gen Intel Core i7-4710MQ processor
- 1000 GB 5400 rpm Hard Drive
- 【Operating System】Windows 11 Home, 64-bit, English
- 【Display】17.3" diagonal, FHD (1920 x 1080), IPS, anti-glare, 300 nits, 100% sRGB
- 【Processor】11th Gen Intel Core i5-1135G7 Quad-Core Processor (8MB Intel Smart Cache, up to 4.20GHz)
- 【Upgraded】RAM is upgraded to 16 GB high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs all at once; Hard Drive is upgraded to 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive to allow faster bootup and data transfer. Original Seal is opened for upgrade ONLY. If the computer has modifications (listed above), then the manufacturer box is opened for it to be tested and inspected and to install the upgrades to achieve the specifications as advertised.
- 【Windows 10 Home included】4-cell Lithium-ion Battery. 14.96” x 10.49” x 0.76”, 4.94 lbs. Ports: 2x USB 3.2 Type-A, 1x USB Type-C, 1x Headphone Jack, 1x HDMI, 1x Media card reader, 1x Thunderbolt. 360° flip-and-fold design; Amazon Alexa Enabled. Wireless-AX and Bluetooth, Silver.
- 【Backlit Keyboard】with Numric Keypad and Fingerprint reader, Allows you to enjoy comfortable and accurate typing, even in dim lighting.【Intel Iris Xe Graphics】with shared video memory provide everyday image quality for Internet use, basic photo editing and casual gaming.
- 【11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 Processor】Ultra-low-voltage platform. Quad-core, eight-way processing provides maximum high-efficiency power to go. MaxxAudio Pro with Built-In Speakers & 720p Webcam with Privacy Shutter.
- 【32GB DDR4 RAM】Plenty of high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run your games as well as multiple programs. 【1TB PCIe SSD】Save files fast and store more data. With plenty amounts of storage and advanced communication power, great for major gaming, multiple servers, backups, and more.
- 【17.3" QHD+ TouchScreen Display】2560 x 1600 resolution boasts impressive color and clarity, Truelife Touch Narrow Border WVA Display.
- WiFi 6 (2.2 802.11 ax) and Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity; ports include USB-C, USB-A 3.2, USB-A 2.0, HDMI, SD card reader, and a 3.5mm audio jack
- The IdeaPad 3 17-inch laptop is the ultimate notebook for performance at home and beyond, built with an AMD Ryzen 5 5500U Processor, 8GB DDR4 RAM, and 512GB SSD storage
- Expect more from your entertainment on the massive 17-inch HDplus display with AMD Integrated Radeon 7 Graphics. Dolby Audio delivers crystal-clear sound so whether you're watching a video, streaming music, or video-chatting, you're sure to love what you see and hear
- A narrow bezel on 4 sides makes for a clean design and larger display, giving you more viewing area and less clutter, while the Ideapad 3's targeted learn-from home solutions such as Eye Care and Noise-Cancellation help relieve concerns about eye strain and distractions
- Keep your privacy intact with a physical shutter on your webcam for peace of mind when you need it.
- Leverage the best of Windows 10, with a new update packed with exciting features. The powerfully reimagined Photos app makes it easier—and more fun—to tell your story in video: add a soundtrack, use transitions, deploy 3D effects, and more. And sharing is quicker than ever, with intuitive settings that making it easier to instantly connect with the people you care about most.
- 2x USB 2.0 ports, 1x USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Port, 1x Headset (headphone and microphone combo) port, 1x RJ45 - 10/100Mbps Ethernet port, 1x HDMI 1.4 port, 1x Power-adapter port, 1 x TWE Cloth
- 8GB high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs all at once; 512GB NVMe SSD allows fast boot up and data transfer.
- Stay focused on tasks by interacting with your phone directly from your Acer PC– you can easily make calls, send texts, and get notifications.
- 17.3" FHD ComfyView (Matte) IPS LED-backlit (1920 x 1080) Display, smoothly and quickly watch videos, surf the web, or get some work done with the 10th Gen Intel Core i5-1035G1 up to 3.6GHz.
- 11th Generation Intel Core processor: Brings the perfect combination of features to makeyou unstoppable. Get things done fast with high performance, instant responsiveness and best-in-class connectivity
- Get a fresh perspective with Windows 11: From a rejuvenated Start menu, to new ways toconnect to your favorite people, news, games, and content—Windows 11 is the place to think,express, and create in a natural way
- Intel Iris Xe graphics: Impressive performance for creating, gaming, and entertainment. A newlevel of graphics performance and crisp, stunning visuals – with the convenience of a thin & lightlaptop.
- Anti-glare panel: Non-reflective and low gloss means you'll get less glare while you're outside.
- HD+ display: Enjoy your photos, movies, and games with the crisp quality of 1.4 million pixels.
- 17.3 inch HD+ (1600x900) 4 way NanoEdge-bezel display with stunning 85% screen-to-body ratio
- Powerful Intel Core i5-826U Processor with Windows 10 Home
- Ergonomic backlit chiclet keyboard with fingerprint sensor activated via Windows Hello
- 8GB DDR4 RAM, 128GB SSD + 1TB HDD
- Exclusive Ergolift design for improved typing position
- 【External ports and Slots】2 SuperSpeed USB Type-A 5Gbps signaling rate; 1 USB 2.0 Type-A; 1 HDMI 1.4b; 1 RJ-45; 1 AC smart pin; 1 headphone/microphone combo; 1 multi-format SD media card reader
- 【11th Gen Intel Core i3-1115G4 】3 GHz base frequency, up to 4.1 GHz with Intel Turbo Boost Technology, The 11th gen dual-core laptop brings the perfect combination of features to make you unstoppable. This is an ideal home office laptop to get things done fast with high performance, instant responsiveness and best-in-class connectivity.
- 【17.3" HD+(1600x900) Anti-Glare LED IPS Non-Touch Display】17.3-inch diagonal, HD+, BrightView, 220 nits, 60% NTSC，boasts impressive color and clarity. Energy-efficient LED .Enjoy vibrant, crystal-clear images with Non-reflective and low gloss means you'll get less glare while you're outside
- 【Win 11 S mode】You may switch win 11 S mode to the regular win 11: Update Microsoft App Store to the latest version. Press "Start button" bottom left of the screen; Select "Settings" icon above "power" icon; Select Update & Security and Activation, then Go to Store; Select "Get" option under "Switch out of S mode"; Hit Install.
- 【Upgraded Powerful Storage】16 GB DDR4 RAM，1TB HDD+256 GB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD. Reams of high-bandwidth DDR4 RAM to smoothly run your graphics-heavy PC games and video-editing applications, as well as numerous programs and browser tabs all at once.
- 【11th Gen Intel Core i7 Processor】11th Generation Intel Core i7-1165G7 Processor (Quad-Core, 8 Threads, Base Frequency at 2.8 GHz, and Up to 4.7 GHz at Maximum Turbo Speed)
- 【High Speed RAM And Enormous Space】16GB high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs all at once; 256GB Solid State Drive allows to fast bootup and data transfer
- 【Operating System】Windows 11 Home-Beautiful, more consistent new design, Great window layout options, Better multi-monitor functionality, Improved performance features, New videogame selection and capabilities, Compatible with Android Apps
- 【Tech Specs】 1 x SD Card Reader, 2 x USB 3.2 Gen 1, 1 x Headphone/Microphone Combo, 1 x Power jack, 1 x HDMI 1.4b, 1 x Thunderbolt 4 with Power Delivery & DisplayPort, Finger Printer Reader, Intel Wi-Fi 6 2x2 (Gig+) and Bluetooth,
- 【Dazzling Display】17.0-inch QHD+ (2560 x 1600) Natural finger-touch navigation makes the most of Windows 11. Truelife Touch Narrow Border WVA Display.
- 【RAM and Storage】RAM is upgraded to 16GB high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs all at once; Hard Drive is upgraded to 1 TB PCIe Solid State Drive allows to fast bootup and data transfer.
- 【Display】 17.3" Full HD (1920x1080) 144Hz Refresh Rate 16:9 IPS Display, NonTouch Screen, enjoy your photos, movies, and games with the crisp quality.
- 【Included in the Package】Bundled with Microfiber Cloth
- 【Processor】 Intel Core i5-11260H 2.60GHz Processor (11th Gen, upto 4.4 GHz, 12MB Cache, 6-Cores) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3050 Ti 4GB GDDR6 Dedicated Graphics
- 【Operating System】Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, English | RGB backlit keyboard | 3 USB 3.2 Gen1, HDMI (upto 4K(3840 x 2160) at 60Hz), Thunderbolt 4 (Type-C), Headphone/Microphone Combo Jack
What to Look For in a best 18 inch laptop?
You may have some trouble making a purchase if you don't research it thoroughly. You are expected to invest time and focus on best 18 inch laptop before investing in them. Usually, it will take you a long time to research a favorite product. But rest assured, we are here to assist you with your best 18 inch laptop issue, no matter what time of day or night.
Although choosing a product is complicated, it will be more accessible and more available to everyone with today's information technology network. You are now given available sources of information such as famous websites, sale forums, or even customer's feedback. It can be said that information from these sources about best 18 inch laptop will be beneficial to you.
So now you are expected to focus on needed criteria about best 18 inch laptop. All of them will come with your investment.
Understanding Processor Names (CPUs)
Two companies make laptop processors, Intel and AMD.
If you have the funds, consider an SSD drive. It should be at least 256 gigabytes. SSDs perform faster than older standards like SATA, particularly if you use NVMe. This allows data to be transferred from the drive quickly.
At least one USB-C and at most one USB-A are required, as well as a microphone/headset connector. You should also consider USB-C charging and an SD reader.
For the most part, 8 gigabytes should suffice for Windows users. However upgrading to 16GB will increase your computer's performance and be a requirement for gamers. Before you purchase RAM, make sure it is properly soldered to your motherboard. It is impossible to replace the RAM if it has been soldered.
Which Laptops Last The Longest?A good laptop should last between three and five years depending on the type of notebook you purchase. An ultrabook or business notebook, as well as a MacBook, will last longer and feel better than an inexpensive laptop under $500 with only a plastic body and basic processing. A laptop you use primarily around your home will last longer than one you take with you on trips. It is easier to add more storage and memory to business laptops and photo editing laptops to prolong their life expectancy. Gaming laptops will be more worn than any other types of laptops, as new 3D gaming apps are becoming increasingly demanding.
Which Laptop Is Best For Gaming Or Creating?Any laptop can be used to create and play games. However, the component of the laptop will determine the content and speed with which it is played and created.
You don't require a gaming laptop to play casual web-based games.
You will need more money to buy discrete graphics such as Nvidia's RTX 30 series GPUs.
Gaming screens should have a 120Hz refresh rate or higher to make games run smoothly. Displays that can display 100% of the sRGB colour space are ideal for content creation.
How Much RAM Do I Need?For most users, we recommend at least 8GB. This should suffice for most web browsing tasks, spreadsheet editing, occasional photo and video editing, as well as basic web browsing. If you use Adobe Photoshop and Premiere regularly, play 3D drafting or work in app or web development, you might consider upgrading to 16GB. You can not add more memory to laptops after they are purchased. This usually costs $100 to $200.
Which Is Better, MacOS Or Windows?Personal preference and financial budget will determine which laptop is best for you.
There are many software options between them, so you shouldn't have to choose one. A Windows laptop has the advantage of gaming.
MacOS can also be used more easily and safely than Windows. This is especially true for those who need their computer to do the work.
Do I Need A GPU (Graphics Processing Unit)?To create images on your computer's screen, graphics cards are used in conjunction with the CPU. Many desktops have integrated graphics units (IGU) These units are very simple and will handle basic tasks. They are not sufficient to handle games and other complex computing. Many gamers opt for IGUs with dedicated gaming hardware. It improves performance as well as portability.
Are Chromebooks Worth It?They are indeed, but not suitable for all users. Google Chrome OS, which Google launched 10 years ago, has made a lot of progress. Chromebooks are laptops running on Chrome OS that can be used for web browsing or mobile applications. These laptops are simple to use, secure and affordable. They can only run Windows and Mac software natively.
What's The Best Laptop For Home, Travel, Or Both?Many people's work habits were affected by the pandemic. People who used laptops to travel frequently may find that these ultra-portable devices are no longer suitable for home work. You might prefer a larger display and more power to play games than a long-lasting battery.
Consider a 15.6 inch laptop or bigger if you plan to use your laptop for work and do not need to move it around much.
Travel with a 13- or 14 inch laptop or two in one is the best option. These laptops are the most lightweight and compact, but they still provide excellent battery life.