The 10 Best All Band Mobile Ham Radio, Tested And Researched
1. Best Overall: Powerwerx DB-750X Dual Band VHF/UHF Mobile Radio
Designed for commercial use, Powerwerx DB-750X is a rugged and reliable dual-band 50W commercial mobile radio. This multi-band radio features a keyboard-locked design to ensure compliance with FCC regulations. The unit offers dual receive operation and separate volume controls.
2. Best Bang For The Buck: QYT KT-8900R 25W Tri-Band Mobile Transceiver Dual Watch Ham Radio
The QYT KT-8900R 25W tri-band mobile transceiver dual watch ham radio is a professional FM transceiver, designed to meet the needs of emergency/rescue, public safety, military, and amateur radio enthusiasts. It operates on 2m/1.25m/70cm bands with high sensitivity and a wide tuning range.
3. Best Durable: FT-2980R FT-2980 Original Yaesu 144 MHz Single Band Mobile
The Yaesu FT-2980R is an all-mode, single band, 144 MHz FM transceiver designed for serious mobile operators. It has outstanding receiver performance with a typical sensitivity of 0.2 UV and a receiver bandwidth of 10 kHz.
The Amateur Radio or ham radio community is always on the lookout for new products that make the hobby easier, more convenient or even offer a competitive edge. This article looks at 12 of the best all band mobile ham radio you can buy today.
If you are new to the world of amateur radio, also known as HAM radio, you may find it daunting to choose from so many different options when buying your first kit. After all, there are no fixed standards for what comes in a given kit and which frequencies they operate on. However, once you know what features are important to you and how much money you want to spend, things get much simpler.
Let’s see some of the best all band mobile ham radio that will surely meet your demands. Especially, our Powerwerx DB-750X Dual Band VHF/UHF Mobile Radio and QYT KT-8900R 25W Tri-Band Mobile Transceiver Dual Watch Ham Radio.
RELATED: Before we make some specific things, here is some information and explanation about best cb radio base station for your preference.
Our Top Picks
- Since this is a Commercial Land Mobile Multi-band radio, the DB-750X ships keyboard locked. REQUIRES the PRG-750 or RPS-DB750X-USB programming cable to initially unlock and program this radio before use.
- Includes 2.5 KHz channel step for FCC 2013 narrowband compliance.
- 7 Character Dual alpha numeric, backlit display
- Ideal for Fire, Police, FEMA, CAP, security patrols, business communications, schools, construction crews, universities, and other organizations that have FCC licensed frequencies.
- Dual Receive Operation w/ separate Volume Controls
Best Bang For The Buck
QYT KT-8900R 25W Tri-Band Mobile Transceiver Dual Watch Ham Radio
- QYT Tri-Band Mobile Radio, Dual Watch, Dual Standby, Best Choice For New Ham User, Radio Size: 3.85*1.37*4.64In Weight: 0.9lb
- 【NEW Upgraded Free】Visit QYT official website to download. CHIRP support. Easy to program with the PC, Free Cable inside Packages, fit for Microsoft XP, Window 7/8/10
- FCC Part Certified and comply with Part 15B + Part 97
- 【Function】CTCSS/DCS/5Tone/2Tone, Comes with 2 Tone,5 Tone, DTMF functions, RF Output Power: 25W/20W (VHF/UHF)
- 【Package】QTY KT-8900R Mobile Radio, Microphone, Car Power Cable, Fuse, Mounting Bracket, Screw Sets, User Manual
- CTCSS and DCS Encode/Decode Built in - Versatile Scanning Capability - WX Channels with "Severe Weather" Alert
- Excellent Receiver Performance - Alpha-Numeric Channel Display - 200 Memory Channels for serious users
- Interactive Programming Menu - Supply Voltage Display - 4-level Display Dimmer - Dual Watch FT
- Smart Search Operation - DTMF Direct Access Microphone Included - Wide/Narrow Deviation Selection - RF-Squelch
- Massive Heatsink guarantees 80 Watts of RF Power with No Cooling Fan Needed (Four selectable power output levels are provided: 80/30/10/5 Watts) - Loud 3 Watts of Audio Output for noisy environments - Large 6 Digit Backlit LCD ensure excellent visibility
- This radio has been FCC certified, FCC ID: T4K-778UV, fully in compliance with the FCC part 15 and part 97 regulations. Please use this product legally under FCC rules.
- AT-778UV Car Radio Adopt superior quality material, better technology and high quality radiator to ensure stable and durable operation. 180 degree rotatable TFT LCD display. Full alloy body for heat radiation.
- Standard Accessories: AT-778UV Transceiver*1; USB Programming Cable*1; Microphone*1; Mobile Bracket*1; Screws*2; Pads*2; Adjusting screws*2; DC Power Cable with Fuse Holder*1; non-slip mat*2; Fuse(10A 250V)*1.
- AT-778UV Mobile Amateur Radio for different operation requirement. Distribute buttons reasonably, convenient for operation. Separate band width setting for each single channel, Wide 25K, Middle band 20K, Narrow band 12.5K.
- AT-778UV Mobile Radio has nice housing, stoutness & stability, advanced and reliable functions, perfect & valuable. This mobile mobile radio especially designs for drivers and it pursues philosophy of innovation and practicality.
- AT-778UV Two-way radio mobile ham radios. Frequency Range: VHF, 144MHz, 2M; UHF, 430MHz, 70CM. Power Output: 25W/15W/5W.
Best For Beginner
BTECH Mobile UV-50X2 50 Watt Dual Band Base, Mobile Radio
- Recommended Accessories: Pair UV-50X2 with the Nagoya UT-72 Magnetic Mount Antenna for easy installation. The PC04 FTDI Cable is recommended for easy computer programming
- Kit Includes: BTECH UV-50X2, Speaker Mic, DC Cable, Radio & Mic Brackets, Mounting Hardware, and User Guide
- What Makes the UV-50X2 Unique? -- Dual Synchronize Display Mode, Mic Audio Gain Settings, In depth user's guide, Auto Power Off Function, Channel Mode Editing Settings, Auto Scan, Scanning Resume, and Variable Frequency Scanning, Quad Watch Delay Time, Randomization Privacy Mode - Builds upon previous generation UV-5001
- High / Low Power Settings (50W/10W); Frequency Range: VHF: 144-148 MHz(Rx/Tx). UHF: 420-450 MHz(Rx/Tx); Broad (Wide) / Narrowband (Narrow) Selectable
- The UV-50X2 operates as multiple radios in one, with either 144 MHz or 430 MHz as the "Main" TX/RX band, while simultaneously watching up to 3 other frequencies or channels; and, if you like, you can configure your UV-50X2 for simultaneous VHF-VHF or UHF-UHF operation, too!
TYT TH-9800D Plus Version Quad Band Cross-Band 50W
- ★★ One Proven Model, Lots of USERS or TURORIALS on Youtube, Google, Facebook Group. PLEASE CONTACT US AT ANY TIME IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS. WE WILL RESPONSE YOU WITHIN 24 HOURS.
- ★★ Free Programming Cable & Software DISC Included (P.S. Driver Installation NEEDED, Factory Software Download from DISC or TYT Official Website), CHIRP Software Supported (Model TYT TH-9800) for easier programming; Pair with 4 Bands antenna (Single SO-259s Connector); Operating Voltage: 13.8V (NO 24V).
- ★★ Features: V/V, U/U, V/U Simultaneous Receive, V+U Cross-Band Repeater, Full Dual Display and Receive, High/Mid1/Mid2/Low Power Setting, Wide/Mid/Narrow Bandwidth Selectable, CTCSS/DCS, DTMF, 2 Tone & 5 Tone, Voice Compander & Scrambler, Remote Detachable Faceplate, 809 Alphanumeric Memory Channels, SQL, Scan, TOT, Full Direct Entry Keypad Mic.
- ★★ Welcome to VMUKSAN, The Latest Plus Version of TYT TH-9800D, 50W/40W Full Quad Band Dual Display FM Amateur Mobile Radio/Transceiver, A MUST HAVE For all HAMs, FUN & GREAT VALUE as BASE STATION. Size: 5.5 x 1.6 x 6.6", Weight: 2.65 lbs. Package Content: TYT TH-9800D, Mic Hanger, Power Cable, Mounting Bracket & Screws, User Manual, Programming Cable & Factory Disc.
- ★★ Frequency: TX: 28-29.7/50-54/144-148/420-450MHz, RX: 26-33/47-54/108-180/320-512/750-950MHz (P.S. AM mode selectable on VHF receive frequencies for Air Band reception), Output Power VHF: 50/20/10/5W UHF: 35/20/10/5W.
- 2.CTCSS/COMP/DCS Setting & Scanning/200 Memory Channels/Remote Kill, stun,activate and revive/8 group’s of scrambler
- 1.Important:FCC ID:PODTH-9000DV. Frequency Range: TX:144-148 MHZ, RX:136-174 MHz
- 5.Package Include:TH-9000D (VHF/144-148MHz) Two Way Radio,DTMF Keypad Microphone,Mobile Mounting Bracket,DC Power Cable with Fuse Holder,USB Programming Cable,Screws Accessories,User Manual
- 4.Come with a free USB programming cable,easy to program;Dimensions(WxHxD):5.71(W)x1.85(H)x7.48(D) inch,Weight: 2.65 lbs
- 3.Function:65W/45W/ Mono Band/CTCSS/COMP/DCS Setting & Scanning/200 Memory Channels/Remote Kill, stun,activate and revive/8 group’s of scrambler/1024 groups of DCS,Keypad lock, Scan modes & more
- Tribander Mobile Radio Kit Includes: BTECH UV-25X4, Speaker Mic, 6 foot DC Cable with Cigarette Plug Connector, Radio & Mic Brackets, Mounting Hardware, and User Guide
- High / Low Power Settings (25W/10W); Frequency Range: 144-148MHz (VHF), 222-225MHz (1.25M), 420-450MHz (UHF); Broad (Wide) / Narrowband (Narrow) Selectable
- Dual Watch monitoring VHF/UHF and 220Mhz: The 220 MHz band antenna lowpass filter is switched with a relay and the 2 meter lowpass filter and 70 cm highpass filters are switched with PIN diodes - resulting in a audible relay switch noise when monitoring 220MHz with VHF/UHF simultaneously. A relay that completely isolated the 220 MHz RF filter won't impact the RF performance of the 2 meter/70 cm bands. If monitoring multiple 220MHz or VHF/UHF simultaneously the relay is not heard or used.
- Recommended Accessories: Pair UV-25X4 with the Nagoya TB-320A Antenna (and RB-50 Magnetic Mount) for easy installation. The PC04 FTDI Cable is recommended for easy computer programming
- What Makes the UV-25X4 Unique: Dual Synchronize Display Mode, Mic Audio Gain Settings, In depth user's guide, Auto Power Off Function, Channel Mode Editing Settings, Auto Scan, Scanning Resume, and Variable Frequency Scanning, Quad Watch Delay Time, Randomization Privacy Mode, Builds upon previous generation UV-2501+220
- ▼ QUAD BAND ANTENNA: Say goodbye to awful using experience like signal dropping or excessive distortion! With the 50W powerful high gain quad band antenna we specially design for Radioddity DB25 Pro, you will receive stable signals at any frequency and keep a high quality communication.
- ▼ MULTI FUNCTIONS: Radioddity DB25 Pro is the latest dual-band car radio model of Radioddity, which features dual synchronized display mode, mic audio gain setting, alarm function, DTMF function(2/5 tone), auto power off, channel mode editing setting, auto scan, scanning resume, variable frequency scanning, quad watch delay time, randomization privacy mode, 25W/10W selectable, etc.
- ▼ ABOUT PROGRAMMING: Please download the programming software on Radioddity site or message us for it. If you use Chirp, please choose QB25 and do not write any frequencies out of the VHF UHF bands.
- ▼ WHAT MAKES US BETTER: Different from most other dual band car radios on the market, DB25 Pro is with louder and clearer sound, making sure you can get all the info. Second, we also offer you a cable and Win 7/10 drive with instructions to help you program, easy and fast. Besides, the temperature cooling fan is with smart mode, only when temperature ≥ 45℃ (113℉) will the fan start to work.
- ▼DUAL BAND QUAD STANDBY & MINI: This is a mini dual band radio with quad-standby and four colors screen display. Broad (Wide) / Narrowband (Narrow) Selectable. Remote Stun, Remote Activate, Remote Kill. With size just 3.8 * 1.7 * 5 inch, convenient to carry and won't occupy a larger space when placed in your car or truck.
- 5. Kit Includes: TYT TH-9800D Mobile Radio, Speaker Mic (DTMF Function), DC power cable with fuse holder, Radio & Mic Brackets, Mounting Hardware, User Guide and TYT Programming Cable
- 1.▲▲☞FONGHOO☜▲▲ Official Distributor of TYT. Great Radio At Great Price, "Plus" Version of TYT TH-9800, Remote Mountable Faceplate, Twin simultaneous Receive, Seperate Vol & Squelch Controls, Multiple Tuning Steps
- 3. CHIRP Software for Easier Programming or FREE download the programming software on TYT official website
- 4. Function: Cross Brand Repeater, 800 AlphaNumeric Memory channels, CTCSS, DCS (PL & DPL), DTMF, 2 Tone, 5 Tone, ANI, Display Brightness Setting, Channel Spacing 5/10/12.5/15/20/25KHz
- 2. Quad-band Transmit, Twin Receive, Dual Display; TX: 28-29/50-54/144-148/420-450MHz; RX: 26-33/47-54/110-180(with AM Air Band)/350-399/430-512/750-947MHz; Power Output Setting: VHF: 50/20/10/5W UHF: 35/20/10/5W, Pair with Quad-Band Antenna
What Should You Know Before Selecting best all band mobile ham radio?
Our website is an online source that provides clients with a diverse selection of best all band mobile ham radio. Many items on the site perfectly suit the demands of clients and serve their intended function.
So, how can you determine which of the best all band mobile ham radio is the best fit for your needs? Don't be concerned! This article will walk you through all you need to know about the best all band mobile ham radio before you buy it.
Number Of Handsets
Weight And Size
Channels & Privacy Codes
An entirely waterproof radio is an option. Many models are waterproof and can withstand severe rain. Some models can be submerged up to 30 minutes without causing any damage. A model that floats will be your best option if your radio is used for fisherman, fishing or crossing open waters. If you drop your model accidentally, it can be easily picked up from the water surface.
RELATED: We have reviewed the latest 10 best uhf handheld radio of 2023 with surprising quality and reasonable price!
Can I Change The Frequencies On My 2 Way Radios?Many commercial-grade 2 way radios can be programmed from either a computer onboard or via a PC. Although you cannot change VHF to UHF, the radio can be programmed with a PC or on-board programming. However, it can alter the frequencies in the band.
Why Do 2 Way Radios Have Multiple Channels?Every channel can be programed at a different frequency. Most modern 2 way radios can have between 4 and 16 channels, although some radios may have up to 256 channels. Channel one will be the only channel that broadcasts on the frequency being used. It is beneficial for commercial applications to have different communication depending on the work group or whereabouts. Radios can be used by schools to broadcast the news. Teachers and administrators might prefer one channel.
How Many Radios Can I Use One Location?You can use as many radios at any location you wish, regardless of the license. To manage communication better, we suggest that the channel's users be limited to ten.
What Is The Life Expectancy Of A 2 Way Radio?Two-way radios of commercial grade are made to comply with Military Specifications as well as Intrusion Protection standards. These radios can live for a long time if they are maintained and used in accordance with the specifications. Two-way radios can last up to 10 years. But radio batteries rarely last more than 3 to 4 years.
What Is 2 Way Radio VOX?Voice activation is VOX. VOX promises hands-free operation. "Speak and the radio will open to broadcast your message." However, voice activation should actually be called sound activation. The VOX function on a 2-way radio can't distinguish between a call to help or the usual grunts, groans and grunts of normal physical activity. VOX may cause more problems than it solves. We do not recommend VOX being used in commercial applications.
Is VHF Or UHF Better?The frequency band that a radio can operate within is called VHF (very high frequency), or UHF [ultra high frequency]. VHF operates between 136 and 174 MHz, while UHF operates between 400 and 512 MHz. Wave length is shorter the higher frequency. A signal will travel farther if it has a longer wave length. It is easier for the signal's to penetrate if the wave length is shorter. VHF broadcasts better over open water and from an unobstructed location to another. For broadcasting through buildings or other obstructions, UHF is better than VHF.
How Far Do 2 Way Radios Broadcast?Broadcast distances of commercial-grade hand-held radios are generally between one and two miles. While VHF radios can broadcast further, they do not penetrate as far. UHF radios transmit a greater distance and have better penetration.
In short, you have just been shown all the things related to best all band mobile ham radio, including the top models, buyer’s guides, and the comparison between products as well. At this moment, it’s obvious that you acquire the mentioned information and are ready to pick one among the list of best all band mobile ham radio above. In case there is no model that suits your needs, then TYT TH-9800D Quad Band 50W Cross-Band Mobile Two Way Radio will be the best to pay attention to. Hopefully, our sharing today will help you choose the best item for your requirement.