The Best Budget Pc Microphone For 2024
1. Best Of The Best: Blue Yeti USB Mic for Recording and Streaming
It offers a custom three-capsule array with condenser capsules, with a versatile pickup pattern and filter to produce clear, powerful, broadcast-quality sound. The microphone also includes custom Blue Voice software that lets you craft the perfect broadcast vocal sound and entertain your audience.
2. Best Bang For The Buck: FIFINE USB Podcast Microphone for Recording Streaming
It's equipped with a cardioid polar pattern that provides clear and crisp sound, suppressing unwanted background noise. Built with rugged metal and die-cast zinc for secure structure, easy portability, and long-lasting performance.
3. Best Performance: HyperX SoloCast – USB Condenser Gaming Microphone
HyperX SoloCast is a plug-n-play gaming microphone, provides quality audio recordings with its easy-to-use USB condenser microphone. The cardioid polar pattern prioritizes sound sources directly in front of the microphone, so your voice comes through loud and clear.
4. Best Sound Quality: Elgato Wave:3 Premium USB Condenser Microphone
Elgato Wave:3 Premium USB Condenser Microphone and Digital Mixer is perfect for those who want to record vocals, guitar, drums or any other instrument. The condenser capsule features a tight cardioid polar pattern, which eliminates excess noise and captures speech with precision.
Having a microphone that’s inexpensive doesn’t mean it’s also low quality. In fact, there are many affordable options out there that still manage to come with excellent audio recording and high reliability. The trick is knowing where to look!
When searching for the best budget pc microphone, you want to ensure it has these three qualities: In this blog post, we will give you tips on how to find the most cost-effective mic possible without sacrificing quality or functionality. There are so many different microphones available on the market today that it can be hard to know which ones are worth your money and which ones aren’t.
Fortunately, by reading this post, you will learn everything you need to know about shopping for the best microphone and what features to look for in order to get the most value for your dollar. The top models, in our opinion, are Blue Yeti USB Mic for Recording and Streaming, the best of the best. Selecting FIFINE USB Podcast Microphone for Recording Streaming as an alternative is an option if you weren't happy with the previous item.
RELATED: Whether you're looking for best mics for streaming under 100, you're going to want to read this article. We've compiled a list of the best products for 2024.
Our Top Picks
- Four Pickup Patterns: Flexible cardioid, omni, bidirectional, and stereo pickup patterns allow you to record in ways that would normally require multiple mics.
- Blue VO!CE Software: Craft the perfect broadcast vocal sound and entertain your audience with enhanced effects, advanced modulation and HD audio samples. Advanced Blue VO!CE is compatible with Yeti, Yeti Nano and Yeti X. To access Blue VO!CE, please download Logitech’s free G HUB software.
- Plug 'n Play on Mac and PC: Instantly start recording and streaming on Mac or PC.
- Onboard Audio Controls: Headphone volume, pattern selection, instant mute, and mic gain put you in charge of every level of the recording and streaming process.
- Custom Three-Capsule Array: Produces clear, powerful, broadcast-quality sound for YouTube, game streaming, podcasting, Zoom calls and music.
Best Bang For The Buck
FIFINE USB Podcast Microphone for Recording Streaming
- 【The Accessory Package Includes】Made out of all metal construction external microphone stand. Sturdy and durable, a studio-grade streaming metal construction microphone.Premium 6.56’ USB cable. 5/8 inch male to 3/8 inch female mic thread screw adapter.A user manual and friendly Technical Support.
- 【Excellent Sound Quality】Stereo microphone deliver crystal clear, well-balanced reproduction across a wide frequency response and handles high SPLs, provide detailed, quality faithful sound for studio or on-the-road use. Cardioid polar pattern for minimal noise and feedback control, offers pristine and accurate capture. Suitable for presentations, podcasts, zoom, skype, recordings, instant messaging, game, stream on twitch.
- 【Easy-to-use Controls】The desk microphone's 3.5mm stereo headphone output features a volume control and provides direct, latency-free monitoring anywhere, adjustable volume ensures monitoring quality and convenience. The quick mute functionality is very handy for headphones or monitors, with built-in LED light Indicate the working status. Provide a simple and efficient system for speech, podcasting, asmr and voice over applications.
- 【Streamlined Setup】USB output enables direct integration with a desktop or laptop computer.Condenser mic combines professional quality sound capture with the ease of plug-and-play USB connectivity on both pc and laptop, offering simple operability and high-quality audio capture for podcasters, YouTubers, vloggers, gamers, and voice-over artists in homes, project studios. ◆◆Incompatible with Xbox / Phones / iPad◆◆
- 【Decent Material for Durability】Integrated desktop stand made by die-cast zinc construction for secure and easily portable tabletop use. Compact Rugged metal construction dictation microphone for long-lasting performance. Very long USB cable (6.56’) with double with magnet ring minimize or eliminate the problem electromagnetic interference from computers. It's a super voice quality for tutorials, webinars, and casual chatting or business online meeting.
- Plug N Play audio recording: Get quality audio recordings with this easy-to-use USB condenser microphone. The cardioid polar pattern prioritizes sound sources directly in front of the microphone.
- Flexible, adjustable stand: The easy-to-position stand swivels to support a variety of setups. You can even fit under a monitor if your setup is tight on space.
- Tap-to-Mute sensor with LED status indicator: Simply tap the top of the mic to mute, and the signature LED indicator lets you immediately see whether or not you’re broadcasting.
- Multi-device and program compatibility: Get great sound whether you’re connecting to a PC, PS4, PS5 or Mac. SoloCast is certified by Discord and TeamSpeak, and works on major streaming platforms like Streamlabs OBS, OBS Studio, and XSplit.
- Boom arm and mic stand threading: Versatile microphone fits 3'8-inch and 5'8-inch threaded setups, making it compatible with most mic stands or boom arms.
- Superior circuitry ensures seamless audio signal transmission
- Up to 24-bit / 96kHz analog to digital conversion delivers lush detail
- Use the Wave Link app to control Wave: 3 and up to seven other audio sources, plus create two independent mixes
- Condenser capsule with a tight cardioid polar pattern captures speech with precision
- Proprietary Clipguard technology makes distortion virtually impossible
- Cardioid Pickup Pattern: The mic has a cardioid pickup pattern and an excellent off-axis suppression function, allowing it to capture more natural sound and suppress unwanted background noise.
- Easy to Install: Without any assembly, only need to attach the pop filter to the mic tripod, then it can be plug and play.
- Plug and Play: With a USB 2.0 data port, no additional driver is required. TC30 is compatible with Windows, macOS and Linux. Ideal for gaming, podcasting, zoom meeting, streaming, Skype chatting, online conference.
- What You Get: 1 x condenser microphone, 1 x shock mount, 1 x foldable mic tripod, 1 x pop filter, 1 x USB Type-C to USB-A 2.0 Cable, 1 x manual. Note: It is compatible with Macs, PCs, PS4 and iPad (an adapter is required), not compatible with Phones and Xbox.
- Exceptional Anti-vibration: The upgraded concealed shock mount can effectively reduce the noise caused by the mouse, keyboard, radiator or touch of the microphone.
- Ultra-Precise Supercardioid Pickup Pattern: The Razer Seiren Mini is tuned with a tighter pickup angle, so it can focus on your voice while ensuring that background noises like typing and mouse clicks don’t get picked up.
- Ultra-Compact Build: Made for minimalist or smaller setups, it barely takes up any desk space and is discreet on-camera, putting more focus on you. Easy to bring along if you need take your streaming elsewhere.
- Heavy-Duty Tilting Stand: Sitting on a sturdy support, the mic can be angled to find the perfect sweetspot for your voice. It can also be detached and mounted on a boom arm or mic stand that uses a standard 5,8-inch thread.
- Connectivity technology: USB
- Professional Recording Quality: With its 14mm condenser capsule and flat frequency response, the mic broadcasts your voice with stellar clarity that’s filled with crisp highs and deep lows.
- NOTE: This is a cardioid pickup pattern microphone. Make sure to speak directly into the mic diaphragm (the side with "fifine" logo), not into the rear or the top of the mic.
- EASY-TO-REACH CONTROLS - The gain knob enables quickly adjustment if there is any sensitivity, lack of sound or distortion during live broadcasting. Or if you want to take a break in the middle of a podcast, use the instant mute button. And there is a 3.5mm headphone jack on the back of this USB streaming mic for real-time monitoring.
- WHAT YOU GET - An all metal studio microphone, foldable tripod stand, pop filter, 6.56ft USB-B to USB A/C cable, 3/8'' to 5/8'' screw adapter, user manual with guide video. It also comes with friendly tech support to ensure better experience.
- DETACHABLE POP FILTER - No need to buy extra accessories. This audio recording mic comes with compatible pop filter. It helps to reduce the pops and will keep your audiences from being distracted by the harsher sounds. The strong tripod stand allows you to use the computer mic easily in the most comfortable way possible.
- STUDIO QUALITY SOUND - The cardioid condenser mic offers crystal-clear audio with minimum background noise. The wide frequency response and large diaphragm precisely reproduces every details of your voice. Get great sound whether you’re recording vocals, music or even lectures.
- PLUG AND PLAY - Compatible with Mac, PS4 and Windows PC computer laptop that has USB-A or USB-C port. No extra driver is required. You can instantly start live streaming, podcasting, computer gaming, ZOOM meetings and more with this external microphone. (◆◆Incompatible with Xbox ◆◆)
- Convenient Installation - This plug-and-play desktop gaming microphone is compatible with PS4/4pro/5 and PC. You can quickly enter game chat. USB cable can be tightly connected to type-c socket on the mic. During high stress games, you will not suffer game chat interruption anymore. The 6.6ft-long detachable USB cable can extend from the back of computer host to your mic body without restriction.
- Vivid Voice Enjoyment - Designed for microphone gamer, the gaming mic offers sampling rate of 192kHZ, presenting real sound. Make it sound like you and your teammates are playing side by side. Cardioid condenser microphone sensitively picks up the front sound. Your friends can clearly hear your call no matter it is PS5 or PC gaming, making it easier to get champion.
- Product Includes - Mic with Shock Mount and Pop Filter*1, Tripod Stand*1, 6.6 feet USB Cable*1, User's Manual*1.
- Useful Accessories - Rubber elastic bands are firmly clamped on the shock mount, which will reduce vibration noise caused by violently knocking keyboard and clicking mouse. Detachable pop filter is tightly clipped on shock mount and will not fall off. It can eliminate pops sound produced by your exciting words during game. Tripod stand with rubber feet avoids microphone moving when you hit the desktop in the intense game.
- Handily Use - Gain knob at the bottom is quick to access. If game sound affects your voice, you can instantly adjust microphone volume instead of shouting to your teammates or lowering your own voice. Thumbscrew on shock mount helps you tilt the best streaming recording angle in advance, which allows you to get a pleasant speaking posture during games or streaming.
- Gradient RGB & Quick Mute - With bicolored lighting, RGB alter seven color modes by itself in a gradient way. It adds carnival atmosphere with light-up computer setups, putting you in the fierce game arena. Quick mute button at the top is handy to touch. Even when you concentrate on the game, you can immediately mute your mic. RGB is off when the mic is muted to tell you working status. Prevent your streaming from accidents caused by forgetting to mute mic.
- Plug and Play: With a USB 2.0 data port, the TC-777 is plug and play, no any additional driver is required. Ideal for conference, distance learning, streaming, chatting, podcasting, recording, Zoom, Skype, YouTube video, etc.
- Cardioid Pickup Pattern: This mic has a cardioid pickup pattern that captures the clear, smooth and crisp sound in front of the microphone and suppresses unwanted background noise.
- Easy to Install: Without any assembly, only need to unfold the three-legged stand directly and adjust the position of the pop filter, then it can be plug and play.
- What You Get: 1 x Microphone with Power Cord(1.5m), 1 x Foldable Mic Tripod, 1 x Mini Shock Mount, 1 x Pop Filter and 1 x Manual. (Note: It is not compatible with Xbox.)
- Versatility: The shock mount can be unscrewed and attached to a boom stand with 5/8'' threaded insert directly. Note: If the threaded insert your stand comes with is 3/8'', then the 3/8'' female to 5/8'' male threaded screw adapter is needed (not included).
- Microphone With Metal Stand: ◆The Microphone Base Is a Very Heavy Round Metal Base, Not Roll Over, Very Safe. Can Be Rotated 360°, And Can Be Tilted 20° Left And Right, Which Is Convenient To Adjust To a Suitable Angle For Recording. ◆A 3/8" Nut At The Bottom Of The Microphone Can Be Used With A Normal Bracket Arm. ◆We Provide 1-Year Warranty Service, Please Feel Free To Contact Us.
- Plug And Play Usb Microphone: ◆The Microphone Has 59 Inch(1.5m)Usb Cable And The Microphone Will Automatically Install The Driver, Don'T Need 48v Phantom Power. Compatible Windows 7/8/10, Mac Os, Ps4, Use For Gaming, Skype, Podcast, Zoom, Youtube, Recording Streaming, Google Meeting Etc.
- Mute Button And Headphone Jack: ◆There Is A 3.5mm Headphone Jack At The Bottom Of The Microphone, You Can Use Headphones To Monitor The Sound And Control The Volume Through The Sound Control Knob On The Microphone. ◆One-Key Mute, Click The Microphone Indicator Button To One-Key Mute, The Led Ring Turns Red.
- Noise Cancelling Usb Microphone: ◆The Microphone Built-In A Noise Cancelling Control Unit And Supercardioid Microphone Core, You Just Need To Long Press The Microphone Mute Button(The Indicator Light Turns To Lemon Yellow), Significantly Eliminate The Surrounding White Noise, Keyboard And Mouse Sound, Sound Of Cars Outside The Window, Microphone Noise, Other Noise Around, Etc, Make Your Voice Clearer.
- 16mm 16 Bit Condenser Vocal Microphone: ◆This Usb Supercardioid Condenser Microphone Was Designed With The Professional Sound Chip-Set And 16mm Electret Condenser Transducer, No Microphone Background Noise. 16 Bit, Which Can Pick Up Clear Human Voice, Very Suitable For Online Chat, Game Exchange, Online Teaching, Online Meeting, Etc.
What to Look For in a best budget pc microphone?
Type Of Microphone
Traditional wired microphones transmit sound signals via a cable. They can be a hindrance to performers' movement, particularly during large productions. A wireless microphone is a good option if you need to be mobile. These wireless microphones use radio waves to transmit signals to the receiver.
Maximum Sound Pressure Level
RELATED: We reviewed the best all around microphone for making everything. Read unbiased best all around microphone reviews and find the top-rated one for you guys.
What Is The Noise Floor Of A Microphone?The cartridge thermal noise specification defines the microphone's noise floor. Important to remember that preamplifier noise can have an impact on the mic and preamplifier combo's noise floor. You can also measure the sound pressure by limiting other components of the measurement chain like power supplies or data acquisition systems.
What Is A Polar Plot And How Is It Used?Polar plots, also known as beam patterns, show an angular dependence on the sound pressure measured by the microphone. A polar plot shows how sound pressure levels are affected by different angles of incidence. The typical angle of incidence is a 180-degree arc, with the microphone in the middle. As you move away from the centre, your pressure amplitude will decrease. The frequency dependence of measured sound pressure is not shown in polar plots. They are only obtained at one frequency. Because the pattern of the beam will vary at different frequencies, it is important to specify the measurement frequency with polar data.
Which Levels Can The Microphone Handle?A microphone's dynamic range is the difference between its lowest and highest levels.
It is not just a function the microphone, but the preamplifier that goes with it. A microphone's dynamic range is directly related to its sensitivities.
How Do I Clean My Miniature Microphone Cable From Tape Remains?Over time, residue from glue and tape can etch the cable making it less able to withstand braking. Organic oil can be used to clean the cable (e.g. Olive oil and lukewarm warm water can be used to clean the cable. Ecotech2 Multidegreaser by Finish Line has been reported to have good results.
What Should I Do When My Miniature Microphone Gets Soaked In Water Or Sweat?A microphone is best if it's not in contact with water. However, sweat can be a problem if the environment is professional. The microphone should be shaken to remove any water. It must then dry, perhaps near a heat source such as a radiator. Never use a hairdryer. After they have been sweat-filled, omni microphones should be rinsed in demineralized waters and dried.
Which Microphone Is Recommended For Low Frequency Measurements?Low frequency can be referred to as a relative term. The standard 1/2" condenser test microphones and the measurement grade microphones have an -3dB point between 1 Hz and 3 Hz. This is enough for most applications. Some specialty microphones can measure down to 0.1 Hz and exceed this limit.
Does The Size Of A Microphone Impact Its Frequency And Dynamic Range?It is important to consider the size and sensitivity of your microphone. Microphones of smaller dimensions and higher sensitivity are more capable of measuring high amplitudes or frequencies. However, microphones with a larger diameter or more sensitive can measure higher frequencies and have lower noise floors.
What Microphone Is Recommended For Determining The Direction Or Noise Source Location Of Sound?Multiple free-field microphones, placed in predefined patterns and combined with appropriate software allow spatial transformations of complex sound pressure fields to be projected to map the acoustic energy flows. Because of their general value and matching phase specifications, array microphones make a great choice for large-channel count acoustic testing. Because they allow the user to identify specific microphones quickly and easily, Transducer Electronic Data Sheets (TEDS), are highly recommended.
There are numerous points to pick from in general, but doing so well may help you be more convenient and save time! When selecting a best budget pc microphone, pay close attention to the elements listed above, and don't forget to verify the safety.
Have you picked a product like that after reading our article on how to choose and top the best budget pc microphone? Hopefully, the information provided will assist you in selecting the best option for you.
READ NEXT: The Hearing Aids Under $1000 For 2024