The Best Digital Mixer For Recording Studio In 2024
1. Best Overall: Behringer XR18 Digital Mixer
This is the world's first digital mixer to offer 16 award-winning MIDAS-designed and fully programmable mic preamps for audiophile sound quality.
2. Best Bang For The Buck: Pyle PMXU128BT 12-Channel Bluetooth Studio Audio Mixer
This mixer features a set of LED indicators for visual feedback and comes with +48V Phantom Power for reliable operation.
3. Best With Built-In Multi-Effects: Tascam DP-24SD 24-Track Digital Portastudio Multi-Track Audio Recorder
The built-in multi-effects processor and mastering tools of this unit make it easy to go from demo to finished product.
4. Best Compact: Zoom PodTrak P4 Podcast Mixer
The Mix-Minus function of this mixer gives you the freedom to eliminate feedback and echo from your voice in your recording.
It’s impossible to overlook the importance of a digital mixer in a recording studio. Almost any kind of audio signal processing is possible when you have a digital mixer at your disposal.
A digital mixer is an audio mixing device that processes audio data in a digital format as opposed to an analog one. They also provide additional capabilities such as routing, panning and monitoring that aren’t available from traditional analog mixers.
In this article we will explore some of the best digital mixers for recording studios. Although the price may be high, our Behringer XR18 Digital Mixer is currently one of the best on the market. It can decrease noise levels, isolate tracks and control them via mute or kill switches, adjust gain, boost signals with pre-amp functions, and above all record audio signals digitally in real-time.
RELATED: We Did The Research For You. Find and Compare the best usb mixers Based on Price, Features, Ratings & Reviews Here.
Our Top Picks
- 16 award-winning MIDAS-designed, fully programmable mic preamps for audiophile sound quality
- Revolutionary Dugan-style Auto-mixing automatically manages the microphone gain sharing (future firmware). Outputs - Main:2 x XLR
- 18 x 18 channel, bidirectional USB interface for direct recording on iPad etc.
- iPad/Android tablet controlled 18-input digital mixer for studio and live application
- Built-in Tri-mode Wi-Fi router for direct operation-no need for external routers
Best Bang For The Buck
Pyle PMXU128BT 12-Channel Bluetooth Studio Audio Mixer
- RECORD AND CONNECT TO PC: This personal mixer has a USB soundcard and audio interface to record and connect to MAC or PC and it has universal digital audio file compatibility. Can be used by beginners or studio professional applications
- +48V PHANTOM POWER: For reliable power source, this DJ mixer comes with a +48V Phantom power supply. Includes a 3-pin power adapter cable and the stereo output level meter is 12-Segment (-30, -20, -10, -7, -4, -2, 0, +2, +4, +7, +10, CLIP)
- BLUETOOTH: This portable multi channel DJ sound controller has Bluetooth for wireless streaming and use it as an input to mix signal with other input channels. It works with iPhone, Android, iPad, Tablet and MP3 Player. The wireless range is 15 ft
- 12-CHANNEL MIXER: The device caters multiple device connectivity because it has 12 channels. It has 2 ¼” (L/R) main outputs, 4 XLR 14” combo audio line/MIC IN, 2 pair RCA inputs, 2 pair ¼” mono+stereo inputs, ¼” send+return inputs, ¼” headphone jack
- LED INDICATOR LIGHTS: The recording mixer has LED indicator lights and rotary adjustment knobs for user convenience. It has input selection, master volume controls, independent channel balance and high, plus, low frequency adjustment
Best With Built-In Multi-Effects
Tascam DP-24SD 24-Track Digital Portastudio Multi-Track Audio Recorder
- 3.5" LCD screen and select, self-illuminated buttons - make it easy to keep an eye on your entire creative process.
- Remote connector for optional RC-3F footswitch. OS :Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Mac OS X Snow Leopard(V10.6), OS X Lion(V10.7), OS X Mountain Lion(V10.8), OS X Mavericks(V10.9)
- Built-in multi effects processor and mastering tools make it easy to go from demo to finished product.
- Records to SD/SDHC cards to provide fast, secure and reliable capture of every vocal line, guitar lick and drum hit.
- Eighteen track faders and one master fader allows instant access to any track without selecting pages or banks of faders.
- Up to 3.5 hours on 2 AA batteries
- Automatic Mix-Minus for call-in phone interviews + remote interviews via TRRS jack and USB Audio Interface mode
- 4 headphone outputs with individual volume control
- 4 programable Sound Pads + multi-track recording for all inputs and Sound Pads
- 4 high quality microphone inputs with phantom power
- Ultra-thin and Rugged Chassis: With only 1.4 inches thin design, sealed rotary controls to resist dust, great experience of touching to use this mixer. This compact mixer provides total dynamic control, is great for high quality on stage performance,premium quality crystal clear studio level quality audio playback
- MIC + Line Inputs : Supporting XLR and unbalanced 1/4" plug with +48V phantom buttons, highly accurate LED peak level indicator,10-Segment Stereo Output Level METER and ultra musical 3 band EQ on all channels; Ultra low noise, high headroom mixer with super easy functionality for professional vocal and instrumental sound
- Multi Devices Compatibility : USB/Flash Reader /MP3 or Bluetooth device are very easy to connect this mixer to Mix & record; Built in built in controls provide friendly experience to play/pause, skip tracks and switch between modes
- Bluetooth Wireless Audio Streaming : Cable free music streaming ability directly to the consoles; Mix all kinds of devices as smart phone to this audio mixer. Very easy to wirelessly stream all music tunes to the mixing board from Spotify or Pandora
- New Multi Voltage Power Supply : 100V 240V (+/ 15V DC Power adapter) ideal for worldwide usage; offering optional power supplies that give an amazing friendly user experience【If there's any problem, please don't hesitate to contact us, we are very happy to help and strive for good customer service.】
Best Remote-Controlled Power
Soundcraft Ui16 Remote-Controlled 16-Input Digital Mixer
- Legendary Harman Signal Processing from dbx, Digitech, and Lexicon.Real-Time Frequency Analyser (RTA) on inputs and outputs
- Tablet/PC/Smartphone Controlled Digital Mixer
- Integrated Wi-Fi
- Cross-platform compatibility with iOS, Android, Windows, Mac OS, and Linux devices
- Use up to 10 control devices (tablets, phones, PCs) simultaneously
- 5 powered headphone outputs, each with a customizable and savable mix
- Scene saving function, up to 9 scenes saved at a time
- 14 -in/4-out USB audio interface connectivity
- 12 discrete channels (8 mono plus 2 stereo) with XLR or 1/4-inch connectivity
- Frequency characteristics 44. 1 kHz: -1. 0 dB: 20 Hz - 20 kHz, 96 kHz: -3. 0 dB: 20 Hz - 40 kHz. 14 -track Simultaneous recording, 12-track playback
- 12 in / 10 Out USB Audio Interface for DAW Connectivity
- Onboard MIDI Functionality
- 1-knob compressor and 3 band EQ installed on all input modules
- Dual headphone output with individual volume and source selection
- Click Output with TAP TEMPO
- Powerful channel/output DSP including parametric/31-band EQ, comp/Limiter, and more plus 4 stereo FX processors
- Complete control via the industry-leading master fader control app for iOS, Android, Mac, or Pc
- 32x32 USB recording for recording the show, virtual sound checks, and more
- Convenient built-in Wi-Fi
- 32 Onyx+ recallable mic preamps with 10 fully-assignable XLR outputs plus headphone output
- High Accurate Led Lights: The recording mixer has LED indicator lights and rotary adjustment knobs for user convenience. It has input selection, master volume controls, independent channel balance and high, plus, low frequency adjustment
- Ultra Low Noise 12-Channel Multipurpose Audio Mixer:Equipped with gilded XLRs and balanced Line input interface,with insert points.Balanced XLR (Canon) input, can connect a standard Canon male connector,With +48V Phantom Power Supply.
- Ultra-thin and Rugged Chassis: Ultra thin design, sealed rotary controls to resist dust, great experience of touching to use this mixer. This compact mixer provides total dynamic control, is great for high quality on stage performance,premium quality crystal clear studio level quality audio playback.
- Built-in Bluetooth Playback：You can connect external devices such as mobile phones, computers, etc.With USB interface, support MP3 / U disk and other devices direct input, built-in MP3 player and recorder, support format: MP3 / WAV / WMA,computer recording and sound editing through USB and computer links.high-definition LCD display.
- Multi Devices Compatibility：This portable 12-channel DJ mixer has Bluetooth for wireless streaming and use it as an input to mix signal with other input channels. It works with IOS, Android, Tablet and MP3 Player
What Are You Suggesting to Take Into Account to Choose best digital mixer for recording studio?
You may know that shopping is one of the essential activities in a human being’s life. Selecting the best product will affect your daily life. However, which factors can make this purchase effective? If you are looking for best digital mixer for recording studio for your demands, you will waste your time with the incorrect data. But it would be best if you weren’t so nervous about that. We have a group of experts to research best digital mixer for recording studio, and they’ve given reliable information.
The description in our article is reliable. This is because of some reasons. The first and foremost reason is that high-qualified experts conduct it with many years of experience in the market. Moreover, we are supported by AI tools and Big Data so that the data you read here is authoritative and precise.
There are lots of essential things you should keep in mind. On the other, just some of them are most focused. Here are the critical factors related to buying best digital mixer for recording studio you may want:
An easy-to-use user interface is essential for a sound mixer. If you don't want to be a professional engineer and use the mixer only for audio purposes, a simple interface is crucial. The ease of operation will allow you to understand what's happening and how you can manipulate it. If you want to be the next Dr. Dre then learn from others and dive into more complex interfaces.
Analog Or Digital
A smaller mixer is more convenient and portable in most situations. A mixer that has less than 16 channels is best if you are concerned about portability. While 16 channels are not an exact rule, they represent the compromise between small and large mixers. Make sure your mixer is protected and has a strong chassis. Mixers can even come with knobs or faders that have very delicate settings. This is important!
Inserts And Direct Outputs
What Softwares Work Best With Audio Mixers?
It takes careful planning and consideration to find software that is reliable. The best softwares can be free or they can cost you money. Wondershare Filmore and Adobe Audition are our top picks.
What Is The Difference Between An Analog And USB Mixer?
A standalone analog mixer can mix audio from multiple sources. You can then output the audio to a PA system or speaker system. An USB mixer can do this same thing but also has an interface. You can also connect the USB mixer to your computer so you can record it in software.
Can You Get A Mixer With A USB Mic Input?
Professional mixers don't have either a USB input or interface. This is because USB mics don't have as strong a connection as 1/4" or XLR jacks. USB microphones are great options for those on a budget who need to connect directly to the computer. However, audio mixers have a greater capability. Some mixers include a USB interface.
Why Are Audio Mixers So Expensive?
They are worth every penny for their quality, functionality, and reliability. Mixers for audio require much effort, labor and are time-consuming. A well-balanced transformer is a costly and time-consuming task. Audio mixers can be a good investment.
Is It Possible To Send The Recorded Audio From One Mic To Two Devices At Once And Listen To Both Of Those Devices At The Same Time?
Mixers are usually one-way, even this mixer. You can either record audio and send it to two devices or receive audio via one pair of headphones. However, it is not possible to simultaneously do them both. You would have to split the signals from both the microphone and devices into separate signal paths.
Can A Mixer Replace An Audio Interface?
You can, to a certain extent... however, a stereo mixer will not work the same as a multichannel interfacing which allows you to simultaneously record different audio sources from multiple tracks.
Does A Mixer Improve Sound Quality?
An audio mixer's primary purpose is to mix and match sounds, as well as alter the bass, middles, and treble. The sum of all the input channels can be merged to produce better sound. A mixer can optimize sound but also filter it. The mixer improves sound quality at the input.
Do I Need A Mixer If I Have An Audio Interface?
A mixer is a great addition to your purchase if you find that you need more audio inputs than your existing interface allows.
Can I Hear My Voice In Real Time? And Will It Record Directly On My Android Phone?
Any sound can be heard entering the mixer. You can also hear your voice through a microphone from the outputs. We recommend that you use the headphones output to hear your voice. Speakers will most likely cause feedback.
How Long Do Audio Mixers Last?
Audio mixers are expected to last between 3-5 years. They are able to return the money they invested. Audio mixers with a life expectancy of 5+ years are not considered obsolete. These mixers can last for a very long time, and they are easily scaleable to accommodate technological changes.
Overall, the statistics we described here are not all of them. Instead, we always freshen it up continually as the data is updated and available. It would be best to remember things we mentioned above, including brand’s value, product’s value, product’s highlights, important specs, customer ratings & reviews.
Our readers, you guys, are always respected and treated with top priority so that you are supposed to receive the most up-to-date information on our site. You should feel free to contact us for support with the product’s problems. Thanks for reading, and we wish you a happy shopping.