The Best Omni Directional Microphone For 2023
1. Best Overall: Logitech for Creators Blue Yeti USB Microphone
For podcasters and other content makers, the Blue Yeti microphone is a popular choice. It's simple to use and produces excellent sound. So, if you're looking for a high-quality omnidirectional microphone with lots of features and benefits, the Blue Yeti is a great option.
2. Best Bang For The Buck: HyperX QuadCast - USB Condenser Gaming Microphone
The HyperX Quad Cast is an all-in-one standalone microphone ideal for streamers, podcasters, and gamers who want a condenser microphone with impressive sound quality. Quad Cast has its own anti-vibration mount to reduce the noise of every movement
3. Best For Zoom: Logitech for Creators Blue Snowball USB Microphone
The two-capsule design of this microphone gives your voice exceptional presence and detail, making it ideal for professional-level recording and streaming.
4. Best For Streaming: Samson G-Track Pro Professional USB Microphone (SAGM1UPRO)
The Samson G-Track Pro Professional USB condenser microphone is fantastic! The sound quality is incredible, it's simple to use, there are three distinct pickup patterns, and it's made to last. This microphone is ideal for streaming, gaming, podcasting, and music recording.
The best Omnidirectional Microphone makes recording simple and gives you significant tonal benefits without excessive gain. Many people believe that omnidirectional microphones are not good for recording live sound, but this is false.
Omni mics can produce gains in the critical zone but they also have many other advantages. There is no risk of wind noise, popping, or vibrations and you won't be in the polar pattern.
We've reviewed the Best Omnidirectional microphone and helped you choose which one to include in your recording kit.
Our team spent about 15 hours researching, sifting, and selecting many high-quality models. Logitech for Creators Blue Yeti USB Microphone is the product that receives the highest award from us. In addition to the other suggestions on this list, which are equally deserving of your consideration, we have also compiled a helpful buyer's guide to assist you in making your decision.
RELATED: We've researched 4,984 customer reviews to create a list of 10 best headphone microphone for zoom from well-known brands for you.
Our Top Picks
- Perfect for vocals, musical instruments, podcasting, voiceovers, interviews, field recordings, conference calls
- Multiple pattern selection - cardioid, bidirectional, omnidirectional & stereo. Microphone -Frequency response- 20Hz - 20kHz. Headphone amplifier-frequency response-15 Hz - 22 kHz
- Tri-capsule array - 3 condenser capsules can record almost any situation; power required/consumption: 5V 150mA
- Gain control, mute button, zero-latency headphone output. Dimensions (extended in stand): 4. 72 x 4. 92 x 11. 61 inches
- Four selectable polar patterns
- Tap to mute sensor with LED indicator
- Convenient gain control adjustment
- Anti-vibration shock mount
- Mount adapter included
- Multi device and chat program compatibility
- Plug 'n play: Start recording quickly and easily with driver-free operation on your Mac or PC computer or laptop so you can stream gaming, join Zoom meetings and record podcasts right away
- Stylish retro design: Record or stream in style with a classic recording equipment design that looks great on your desktop and on camera; available in 3 bold colors
- Adjustable desktop stand: Allows you to position the condenser microphone in relation to the sound source, improving sound quality and saving space on your desktop for the optimal broadcast setup
- -10 dB Pad: Maintains professional audio quality and keeps Snowball sounding clean and distortion-free on louder voices and instruments for everything from voiceovers to podcasts to singing
- Blue Sherpa companion app: Fine-tune your sound with deep control of Snowball; manage mic gain, polar patterns and more right from your desktop on Windows or Mac
- #1 Premium USB microphone brand: Based on independent sales data (April '19 - March '20) of PC microphones in both units and dollars in the US and Canada
- Legendary Blue broadcast sound: 2-capsule design gives your voice exceptional presence and detail for professional-level recording so you can elevate your YouTube videos, Twitch streaming and more
- Multiple pickup patterns: The USB microphone features a cardioid pattern for recording and streaming, and omnidirectional which puts you “in the room” for conference calls on Zoom, Skype and more
Best For Streaming
Samson G-Track Pro Professional USB Microphone (SAGM1UPRO)
- Built tough: Die-cast zinc construction with heavy gauge mesh grille and integrated desktop base
- Listen: 1/8" stereo headphone output with level control for zero-latency monitoring
- High Definition Audio: 24-bit, 96kHz resolution. Plug-and-play, no driver installation required
- All-in-one: Professional USB microphone with audio interface. Record your voice and instrument at the same time.
- Connect: 1/4" instrument input for connecting guitars or line level devices
- At your fingers: Front panel mixer with microphone level, instrument level and headphone volume controls. Selectable Mono or 2-Track recording modes and Direct Monitor on/off.
- The right mic: Ideal for streaming, gaming, podcasting, and recording music
- Built for the studio: Dual 1" (25 millimeter) condenser capsules with three selectable pick up patterns - Cardioid (unidirectional), bidirectional and omnidirectional
Best For Recording
AKG Pro Audio C414 XLII Vocal Condenser Microphone
- Nine selectable polar patterns for the perfect setting for every application
- Overload warning with audio peak hold LED to detect shortest audio peaks
- Three switchable different bass-cut filters to reduce wind noise, stage vibration or proximity effect
- Three attenuation levels (-6/-12/-18dB) for close-up recording or high-output sources of up to 158dB SPL
- Sonic character of the famous AKG C12 delivers astounding sound quality for lead vocals and solo instruments
- Kevlar reinforced cable ensures that you never stretch or snap your microphone under normal usage conditions
- High-quality omnidirectional condenser capsule; discrete 4.5 millimeter miniature microphone
- Broadcast quality, professional-grade Lavalier Mic with TRRS Jack
- Four-Capsule Array – Capture Legendary Blue Broadcast Sound With Greater Focus And Clarity Than Ever For Professional Streaming, Podcasting And Youtube
- Blue Vo!Ce Software: Craft The Perfect Broadcast Vocal Sound And Entertain Your Audience With Enhanced Effects, Advanced Modulation And Hd Audio Samples. Advanced Blue Vo!Ce Is Compatible With Yeti, Yeti Nano And Yeti X. To Access Blue Vo!Ce, Please Download Logitech’S Free G Hub Software.
- High-Res Led Metering – Visualize Your Voice Level At A Glance And Adjust Up Or Down For Powerful, Broadcast Quality Sound
- Multi-Function Smart Knob – Fine-Tune Your On-Stream Sound With Easy-Access Controls For Mic Gain, Mute, Headphone Volume And Blend
- Compact, Lightweight and Portable: Meet Talk GO, a compact, lightweight and portable microphone, with studio- quality performance. Offering a generous resolution of 96kHz/24BIT, Talk GO is great for calls, podcasts, gaming, ASMR, and voice overs using its two directional pattern modes, Cardioid and Omnidirectional.
- Professional Grade Recording: Talk GO features a studio-quality resolution of 96kHz/24BIT to ensure the recording is clear, detailed, and offers a great dynamic sound range for everyday use. With its compact fit, and lightweight build, you can bring it anywhere, anytime.
- Control Your Recording: Choose your audio preference with the adjustments in loudness with volume control. Talk GO features a Quick-Mute button for easy access, and a 3.5mm AUX input for real-time listening with zero latency.
- Plug and Play: Talk GO offers a 5-foot USB/USB-C input cable to plug into your device and operate your recording hassle-free. Use the standard-sized 5/8” input for swivel mounting anything, like camera tripods or other stands. Talk GO is free from drivers, and features plug and play, allowing you to record within seconds.
- 2 Directional Pattern Modes: Talk GO features two directional pattern modes: Cardioid and Omni. Great for individual or business calls, voiceovers, podcasting, music recording, and even ASMR. Choose the mode that will GO with your needs.
- Features a High-Gain Electret condenser element with higher output level to
- Also great for portable recording devices.
- Full 360 degree omni-directional
- Built-in echo cancellation and noise reduction
- Mac and PC compatible.
- Excellent audio clarity.
What to Look for When Selecting best omni directional microphone?
There are numerous factors for customers to consider whenever they decide to buy a best omni directional microphone. Simultaneously, it comes with many product types and brands, which makes it difficult for you to choose yourself. Thus, we are here to give you support, guidance, and solutions to these problems. Our buying guide will highlight some most outstanding features related to the best omni directional microphone of 2023.
Nowadays, the number of technology sale networks, especially websites, sale forums, or even the online space for customers’ comments, has been dramatically increased. So, you can quickly obtain information on best omni directional microphone available on these sources.
Along with reading the update of best omni directional microphone on famous websites, you are also expected to go through some needed things below to make a great decision.
Type Of Microphone
Maximum Sound Pressure Level
Traditional wired microphones transmit sound signals via a cable. They can be a hindrance to performers' movement, particularly during large productions. A wireless microphone is a good option if you need to be mobile. These wireless microphones use radio waves to transmit signals to the receiver.
RELATED: We make a detailed review of best streaming mic for noisy environment to help you stop confusing and save time and effort.
Which Microphone Is Recommended For Low Frequency Measurements?Low frequency can be referred to as a relative term. The standard 1/2" condenser test microphones and the measurement grade microphones have an -3dB point between 1 Hz and 3 Hz. This is enough for most applications. Some specialty microphones can measure down to 0.1 Hz and exceed this limit.
Does The Size Of A Microphone Impact Its Frequency And Dynamic Range?It is important to consider the size and sensitivity of your microphone. Microphones of smaller dimensions and higher sensitivity are more capable of measuring high amplitudes or frequencies. However, microphones with a larger diameter or more sensitive can measure higher frequencies and have lower noise floors.
What Is A Polar Plot And How Is It Used?Polar plots, also known as beam patterns, show an angular dependence on the sound pressure measured by the microphone. A polar plot shows how sound pressure levels are affected by different angles of incidence. The typical angle of incidence is a 180-degree arc, with the microphone in the middle. As you move away from the centre, your pressure amplitude will decrease. The frequency dependence of measured sound pressure is not shown in polar plots. They are only obtained at one frequency. Because the pattern of the beam will vary at different frequencies, it is important to specify the measurement frequency with polar data.
What Should I Do When My Miniature Microphone Gets Soaked In Water Or Sweat?A microphone is best if it's not in contact with water. However, sweat can be a problem if the environment is professional. The microphone should be shaken to remove any water. It must then dry, perhaps near a heat source such as a radiator. Never use a hairdryer. After they have been sweat-filled, omni microphones should be rinsed in demineralized waters and dried.
How Do I Clean My Miniature Microphone Cable From Tape Remains?Over time, residue from glue and tape can etch the cable making it less able to withstand braking. Organic oil can be used to clean the cable (e.g. Olive oil and lukewarm warm water can be used to clean the cable. Ecotech2 Multidegreaser by Finish Line has been reported to have good results.
What Is The Noise Floor Of A Microphone?The cartridge thermal noise specification defines the microphone's noise floor. Important to remember that preamplifier noise can have an impact on the mic and preamplifier combo's noise floor. You can also measure the sound pressure by limiting other components of the measurement chain like power supplies or data acquisition systems.
What Microphone Is Recommended For Determining The Direction Or Noise Source Location Of Sound?Multiple free-field microphones, placed in predefined patterns and combined with appropriate software allow spatial transformations of complex sound pressure fields to be projected to map the acoustic energy flows. Because of their general value and matching phase specifications, array microphones make a great choice for large-channel count acoustic testing. Because they allow the user to identify specific microphones quickly and easily, Transducer Electronic Data Sheets (TEDS), are highly recommended.
Which Levels Can The Microphone Handle?A microphone's dynamic range is the difference between its lowest and highest levels.
It is not just a function the microphone, but the preamplifier that goes with it. A microphone's dynamic range is directly related to its sensitivities.