The 10 Best Usb Shotgun Mic Of 2023, Tested By Our Experts
USB Shotgun mics are microphones used primarily for recording audio from a moving subject, such as a person on a horse or in an automobile. They can also be used to record sound from instruments that make noise in the same general area. For example, you could use a shotgun microphone to capture the sound of an orchestra or band from their performance.
The drawback with using these types of microphones is that they don’t pick up sounds well when there’s little or no ambient noise, and that’s, even more, the case if you’re using them outside due to background noises and other elements making it harder for your mic to pick up sounds. Fortunately, newer models of USB shotgun microphones have made it easier than ever before to get great audio with these mics. Read on to learn more about the best USB shotgun mics available today.
You'll have an easier time deciding with our Blue Yeti USB Mic for Recording & Streaming on PC and Mac, 3 Condenser Capsules recommendations. However, in order to provide the reader with a wider variety of alternatives, we recommend adding Blue Microphones Yeti USB Mic for Recording and Streaming on PC/Mac, Blue VOICE effects if you are interested in purchasing another appealing one.
Here are the buying guides that we specially made for you guys. Follow all the words below for successful shopping!
RELATED: We've researched 4,846+ real reviews in 2023 on top-rated best beginner condenser mic to help you decide what to buy. See our top picks and ultimate guide here.
Our Top Picks
- Gain control, mute button, zero-latency headphone output
- Multiple pattern selection - cardioid, bidirectional, omnidirectional & stereo
- NOTE: Kindly refer the Instructional Video from the Image Section and User Manual from the Technical Specification before use which is highly recommended.
- Perfect for vocals, musical instruments, podcasting, voiceovers, interviews, field recordings, conference calls
- Compatible with Windows 10, Windows 8 (including 8.1), Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP (Home and Professional), and Mac OS X (10.4.11 or higher), and requires a minimum of 64 MB of RAM(remove existing and upload)
- Tri-capsule array - 3 condenser capsules can record almost any situation
- Plug 'n Play on Mac and PC: Instantly start recording and streaming on Mac or PC.
- Four Pickup Patterns: Flexible cardioid, omni, bidirectional, and stereo pickup patterns allow you to record in ways that would normally require multiple mics.
- Custom Three-Capsule Array: Produces clear, powerful, broadcast-quality sound for YouTube, game streaming, podcasting, Zoom calls and music.
- Onboard Audio Controls: Headphone volume, pattern selection, instant mute, and mic gain put you in charge of every level of the recording and streaming process.
- Blue VO!CE Software: Craft the perfect broadcast vocal sound and entertain your audience with enhanced effects, advanced modulation and HD audio samples. Advanced Blue VO!CE is compatible with Yeti, Yeti Nano and Yeti X. To access Blue VO!CE, please download Logitech’s free G HUB software.
- Multi device and chat program compatibility
- Four selectable polar patterns
- Convenient gain control adjustment
- Tap to mute sensor with LED indicator
- Anti-vibration shock mount
- Mount adapter included
- Cardioid dynamic microphone: Built-in cardioid capsule can capture sound in front of the microphone and reduces possible background noise from the other side and rear. Smooth, extended frequency response for rich and natural vocal reproduction.
- Zero-Latency Monitoring and Volume Control：onboard 1/8" (3. 5mm) headphone output allows you to monitor your sound while recording without any delay or echo. HD300T microphone also has a control button that can adjust the headphone output volume conveniently.
- Durable metal construction for long-lasting performance: Rugged metal construction provides outstanding reliability. The stable base with the all-metal and will not be easily knocked down. Height adjustable metal tube is stronger than ordinary plastic tube and easily supports heavy microphones. Shock mount and pop filter for reducing p-pops.
- Best of both worlds: Professional handheld dynamic microphone with USB/XLR dual-mode output. USB digital output connects to a computer, pc, mac, and XLR analog output connects to a mixer, audio interface, or portable PA system. Ideal for podcasting, recording, live streaming, vocal, voiceover, singing, home-Studio, content creation.
- Package List and Warranty: Dynamic microphone*1, microphone stand*1, pop fliter*1, shock mount*1, 78in USB cable, 98in XLR cable*1, user manual*1. MAONO HD300T dynamic microphone provides 24-month warranty.
- STRONG DEFENSE AGAINST CYBER ATTACKERS - Our one-piece privacy solution blocks audio hackers from using your microphones or even your speakers to listen to you.
- THE ONLY DIGITAL ANTI-SPYING SOUND BLOCKER on the market with a SOUNDPASS adaptor. Mic-Lock tricks your electronic device into believing its microphone is occupied by copying the exact signal a microphone generates, thus preventing cyber attackers from using it.
- SIMPLE AND EASY TO USE - USB C to 3.5mm adaptor works with laptops, desktop computers, cell phones and tablets
- KEEP CONVERSATIONS PRIVATE WITH SOUNDPASS - The newly re-designed Mic-Lock with SOUNDPASS features an adaptor that allows you to use headphones while Mic-Lock is plugged into your device’s USB C port.
- DIRECT BYPASS - Integrated USB C DAC No loss of audio clarity
- WARRANTY: 1 Year Movo Warranty with U.S.A Based Support. Invest in the best for your remote conferences
- COMPUTER MICROPHONE: Tabletop pc microphone for meeting room/web conference calls over VoIP, Skype, GoToMeeting, WebEx, Google Hangouts, Zoom, and more
- LONG USB CABLE: Plug and play setup with 6.5ft usb cable so you start recording your office meetings and group discussion quickly and easily
- 20FT PICKUP RANGE: Cardioid mic captures sound in a 20' radius with 180° coverage - perfect for video conferencing with large groups or dictation
- HEADPHONE MONITORING JACK: Allows you to hear what's being captured live without having to play it back so you can make adjustments as needed
- EASY-TO-REACH CONTROLS - The gain knob enables quickly adjustment if there is any sensitivity, lack of sound or distortion during live broadcasting. Or if you want to take a break in the middle of a podcast, use the instant mute button. And there is a 3.5mm headphone jack on the back of this USB streaming mic for real-time monitoring.
- NOTE: This is a cardioid pickup pattern microphone. Make sure to speak directly into the mic diaphragm (the side with "fifine" logo), not into the rear or the top of the mic.
- DETACHABLE POP FILTER - No need to buy extra accessories. This audio recording mic comes with compatible pop filter. It helps to reduce the pops and will keep your audiences from being distracted by the harsher sounds. The strong tripod stand allows you to use the computer mic easily in the most comfortable way possible.
- WHAT YOU GET - An all metal studio microphone, foldable tripod stand, pop filter, 6.56ft USB-B to USB A/C cable, 3/8'' to 5/8'' screw adapter, user manual with guide video. It also comes with friendly tech support to ensure better experience.
- PLUG AND PLAY - Compatible with Mac, PS4 and Windows PC computer laptop that has USB-A or USB-C port. No extra driver is required. You can instantly start live streaming, podcasting, computer gaming, ZOOM meetings and more with this external microphone. (◆◆Incompatible with Xbox ◆◆)
- STUDIO QUALITY SOUND - The cardioid condenser mic offers crystal-clear audio with minimum background noise. The wide frequency response and large diaphragm precisely reproduces every details of your voice. Get great sound whether you’re recording vocals, music or even lectures.
- Easy to Install: Without any assembly, only need to attach the pop filter to the mic tripod, then it can be plug and play.
- Plug and Play: With a USB 2.0 data port, no additional driver is required. TC30 is compatible with Windows, macOS and Linux. Ideal for gaming, podcasting, zoom meeting, streaming, Skype chatting, online conference.
- Exceptional Anti-vibration: The upgraded concealed shock mount can effectively reduce the noise caused by the mouse, keyboard, radiator or touch of the microphone.
- What You Get: 1 x condenser microphone, 1 x shock mount, 1 x foldable mic tripod, 1 x pop filter, 1 x USB Type-C to USB-A 2.0 Cable, 1 x manual. Note: It is compatible with Macs, PCs, PS4 and iPad (an adapter is required), not compatible with Phones and Xbox.
- Cardioid Pickup Pattern: The mic has a cardioid pickup pattern and an excellent off-axis suppression function, allowing it to capture more natural sound and suppress unwanted background noise.
- VERSATILE USE – Suitable for courtrooms, house of worship, conference rooms, SKYPE, ZOOM, Pod Cast, Speech recognition program and a variety of other application.
- FERRITE CORE USB CABLE – Provides clear and superior quality audio with a 10 ft. cable that prevents and eliminate RF interference
- UNI-DIRECTIONAL CARDIOID MICROPHONE – Superior noise canceling microphone that focus on your voice and suppresses unwanted noise from the sides and back.
- 36 Month Warranty Superior computer microphone for recording. Best external microphone for laptop
- PREMIUM USB SOUND CARD: Increased microphone clarity with its built-in sound card that is able to bypass computers internal sound system.
- CAPTURE YOUR VOICE: Whether you plan to record a single source or multiple sources, the Yeti mic gives you flexibility with two pickup-pattern modes to choose from
- BUNDLE INCLUDES: Blue Microphones Yeti Microphone (Blackout), Microphone Suspension Boom Scissor Arm with 5/8-27 Threading, Shock Mount, and Pop Filter for Broadcasting and Recording Microphones
- OMNIDIRECTIONAL MODE: Omnidirectional mode is best used when you want to have a conference call with multiple participants in the same room, or record a multi-person interview for a podcast.
- DESIGNED FOR EASY STREAMING: Built-in metal stand gives you an easy control and adjustability so that the angle of the mic is exactly where you need it. Plug your headphones into the no-latency headphone port and adjust the volume so that you can hear your voice in real time
- CARDIOID MODE: Cardioid mode is perfect for podcasts with a single host, game streaming, Skype calls, vocal performances, voiceovers and instruments
What to Look For in a best usb shotgun mic?
Looking for the best usb shotgun mic requires consideration of many criteria. Product learning varies in type, feature, and customer ranking. Overall, it comes with several difficulties in buying. So, we are available to support you occasionally.
It is beneficial for you to have a closer look at the things below to evaluate and then choose which one is suitable:
Maximum Sound Pressure Level
Traditional wired microphones transmit sound signals via a cable. They can be a hindrance to performers' movement, particularly during large productions. A wireless microphone is a good option if you need to be mobile. These wireless microphones use radio waves to transmit signals to the receiver.
Type Of Microphone
The majority of microphone manufacturers have excellent products. Other makes can be purchased for a more affordable price and offer excellent value.
RELATED: We compiled top 10 best portable podcast microphone based on 7,929 user reviews. Check it out and find the best one for you.
What Is The Noise Floor Of A Microphone?The cartridge thermal noise specification defines the microphone's noise floor. Important to remember that preamplifier noise can have an impact on the mic and preamplifier combo's noise floor. You can also measure the sound pressure by limiting other components of the measurement chain like power supplies or data acquisition systems.
What Is A Polar Plot And How Is It Used?Polar plots, also known as beam patterns, show an angular dependence on the sound pressure measured by the microphone. A polar plot shows how sound pressure levels are affected by different angles of incidence. The typical angle of incidence is a 180-degree arc, with the microphone in the middle. As you move away from the centre, your pressure amplitude will decrease. The frequency dependence of measured sound pressure is not shown in polar plots. They are only obtained at one frequency. Because the pattern of the beam will vary at different frequencies, it is important to specify the measurement frequency with polar data.
Does The Size Of A Microphone Impact Its Frequency And Dynamic Range?It is important to consider the size and sensitivity of your microphone. Microphones of smaller dimensions and higher sensitivity are more capable of measuring high amplitudes or frequencies. However, microphones with a larger diameter or more sensitive can measure higher frequencies and have lower noise floors.
What Microphone Is Recommended For Determining The Direction Or Noise Source Location Of Sound?Multiple free-field microphones, placed in predefined patterns and combined with appropriate software allow spatial transformations of complex sound pressure fields to be projected to map the acoustic energy flows. Because of their general value and matching phase specifications, array microphones make a great choice for large-channel count acoustic testing. Because they allow the user to identify specific microphones quickly and easily, Transducer Electronic Data Sheets (TEDS), are highly recommended.
What Is The Rise Time Of A Microphone?The resonance frequency and damping factors of second-order systems determine the rise time.
Which Levels Can The Microphone Handle?A microphone's dynamic range is the difference between its lowest and highest levels.
It is not just a function the microphone, but the preamplifier that goes with it. A microphone's dynamic range is directly related to its sensitivities.
What Is The Minimum Supply Voltage For A Phantom Power Microphone, And How Will The Performance Of The Microphone Change?Phantom power standards require 48 volts +-4 volt. Low voltages result in a lower maximum sound pressure handling capability. The dynamic range also will be affected. Depending on how the circuits are wired, there may be an increase in noise floor.
How Do I Clean My Miniature Microphone Cable From Tape Remains?Over time, residue from glue and tape can etch the cable making it less able to withstand braking. Organic oil can be used to clean the cable (e.g. Olive oil and lukewarm warm water can be used to clean the cable. Ecotech2 Multidegreaser by Finish Line has been reported to have good results.
Which Microphone Is Recommended For Low Frequency Measurements?Low frequency can be referred to as a relative term. The standard 1/2" condenser test microphones and the measurement grade microphones have an -3dB point between 1 Hz and 3 Hz. This is enough for most applications. Some specialty microphones can measure down to 0.1 Hz and exceed this limit.
What Should I Do When My Miniature Microphone Gets Soaked In Water Or Sweat?A microphone is best if it's not in contact with water. However, sweat can be a problem if the environment is professional. The microphone should be shaken to remove any water. It must then dry, perhaps near a heat source such as a radiator. Never use a hairdryer. After they have been sweat-filled, omni microphones should be rinsed in demineralized waters and dried.
The list of best usb shotgun mic is updated frequently to approach the latest information. Please check our website to get any changes and additions usually.
Would you like to be given practical support about best usb shotgun mic of 2023? Our customer service department is always here to assist you. Please contact us as soon as possible whenever you need.